UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Morning :flowers:

I had my hooves shod on Monday (what Rob calls going to the chiropodist) at the ladies foot party I go to every 6 weeks - I'm the youngest apart from the chiropodist the rest are all over 70 and we were talking about social media and online friendships (made a change from the usual sex and smut :laugh: ) and I was asked whether I considered my online friends to be "real friends" so of course I said yes I did and I was asked how that could be possible with people I had never met, so of course I explained that I had in fact met rather a lot of my "online" friends over the years and that some of my internet friendships had now lasted close on 20 years! There was one lady who was quite dismissive that you could be friends with people you'd never met or spoken to in person so I asked her if she'd ever had penpals? Its was then the penny dropped for her, she had had a penpal since the war, they didn't meet up in person until they'd been writing to each other for about 30 years, since they were children, she considered her to be one of her closest friends - so I explained the internet is just the modern equivalent she'd never even thought about it like that before.

After 10 years of The Refuge I am really grateful for all the very real friendships I have made with you all - heres to another 10 years!

• Like 2

Glad you managed to get some treatment at such a bargain price LnH :flowers:

We might need a photo or two of Cliffy to make sure he is looking good and hansum :wub_anim:

I will post some if I get a chance, am at work at the mo on lunch and all my pics are either on my PC at home or my phone so once i figure out how to do it I will if I can

10 years already......no!!!!!

lovely to have known you all for 10 years and real or cyber....you are all friends

saw the dr, she has given me drops for my nose incase it is congestion and then i have to have an eye test so getting that done monday at tesco for free...shame Jayne isn't near me or i would get her to do it Lol i am paranoid that they will tell me i need glasses when i don't as this has happened to both my parents, my dad wore glasses for years when he didn't need too

been jarring up pickles today as well, walked the dogs ready for tonight ...groan!!

• Like 1

I'm trying to get Archie to do a wee as he refuses to go out in the dark now after he was frightened out there by fireworks last week. I'm gonna give him a diazapam shortly but I'm not sure how bad things will be tonight because it's majorly pizzen down here.

Griff glad you got into see the doc and I hope the meds ease your symptoms and make you feel more like :flowers:

I love my online friends and know some of them better than real life friends. I will be meeting up with an online friend in NYC. We have known each other coming up 7 years and met up once 4 years ago. We speak frequently on Skype and email and text most days. I have met up with several of you here and thought you were all even more fab in real life than online :jammin:

• Like 1

happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I come here first every day, and through the day I get excited if there is a new post as I care about each and everyone of you xxx

I have a new purple cast on my arm. I felt a bit sick when he took the cast off and took the stitches out

Wispa has developed a new approach to fireworks. Rather than bouncing off the walls and trying to go out and fight them, she is sneering at them, nose in air, and going "huh, is that the best you can do?" Love her style! Now that she has realised that sneering works as well as shouting and takes much less effort, I hope she will stick with it.

• Like 1

i unplugged my browser as thats what fixed it last time, i am now deleting my browsing history for the refuge to see if that helps

it has now allowed me to post on here from my laptop Lol...how odd!!

Edited by griff