UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

awww Ikkle cliff, diesel used to have her own pillow at my flat and used to lie snoring down my ear

Merledogs, sorry to hear that

Yantan....hope the flushes ease soon

Jazz, hope your workmen are finished soon

still got fireworks, dogs are being good

Basically what happened was that his dad went to war in 1939 - to India and then Burma to fight the Japanese. His mum discovered she was pregnant shortly after he left and rather than burden him with another mouth to feed (already had my dad and his younger brother), went to a backstreet abortionist. She got septicemia and died (I was always told she died in childbirth). My dad was 4 at the time and the only memory he has of her is sitting by her bedside when she was ill and waiting to go to hospital just before she died. The only time he saw his dad during the whole war was when he came home for 14 days leave. He was in Burma with the Ghurkas when the war ended, but because he was a regular soldier rather than a conscript he wasn't allowed to come home. He died from a heart attack while playing football in May 1946. My dad was taken in by my dad's parents but eventually both he and his younger brother were put into an orphanage. I don't even want to begin to think about what that was like in those days :( So they were all in their way victims of the second world war :(

Edited by merledogs

It is indeed. Children, as Suzeanna said, were pushed from pillar to post during and after the war and the fallout lasted for years. Some ended up in terrible places, some were taken into care and bunged off to Australia to be used as slave labour even when they had a parent living.

I know some horrendous stories concerning the parents of people I know.

Jazz, I suspect you may have a strong gravity area in your house. Things get sucked down to the floor. Happens here too.

Still no word from the solicitor at the bottom of the very short chain. Mine will be chasing them up today.

I felt so much stronger that I was able to drive over to Buxton today to meet my friends from N Wales before they emigrate to Austria. They are also held up by red tape. Their house is sold, their belongings with the removals firm and their animals in boarding. They have vacated and handed over their house so are in a holiday cottage until tomorrow. I said if necessary they can come and stay here until they can move, and if I end up moving before they can, they can move to new house with me until they are sorted.

Oddly enough, our house stories have mirrored each other. We each found what seemed the perfect house, did more research and had to withdraw, then found a better one very quickly. And are both now held up for no reason that anyone can see. Both the solicitors causing the hold up have not answered calls. But I am in easier position as my buyer has not moved in.

Have a lovely time Yantan, Archie will be fine...he's having a sleepover with his mate and just think how chuffed he will be when you get home

saw the dr yesterday, have to continue with the antibiotics and another couple of days of naproxen, she is contacting my ent as they were supposed to send me for a scan in july and review me....no scan means no review, she is not a happy doctor, she is copying my other consultant in too so he can have a look at my results and give her a bit of advice...just hoping the headache goes away for good as i thought it had gone the other day