UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

I would like to say how much the Refuge has meant to me over the years. You have seen me through some rough times.

The 2 places where I can find solace are here and my pointer group on Facebook, which unlike many FB groups has strict rules of behaviour and language.

Much of the grief I have suffered over the years has sadly come from women who think the absence of a Y chromosome means they are already perfect and are excused from any effort at being rational or civil.

It is good to be in groups where I feel safe from insults.

• Like 3

Jazz, i spent 18months in a thigh to ankle cast, the best advice i was give...and it really does work was to scratch the opposite limb so scratch the other arm...honestly it will help

Owl, i am sad to read that people have been so mean to you and this isn't aimed at the women here at all in anyway shape or form but, i find women to be proper b*tches, i worked with men and we all got on great, i used to go into the office at work where it was all women and one would walk out and they would all start talking about the person behind their back..... it wasn't the same person either... i just stood there gobsmacked and sort of said "well why don't you tell her to her face" and they all just glared at me Lol... that's the way we did it in the workshop, you had a problem, you had it out...had a strop for a day and went down the pub together on the friday...sorted out

took Cliffy out for his usual walk last night, lots of fireworks going off all around, and a major display just down the road in the next village, all Cliffy wanted to do was find the best spot for a wee; get home have his tea then snuggle up close on the sofa; he is such a daddys boy!

Am glad I have a bullet proof dog, no doubt there will be more tonight and the mahoosive one in the village tomorrow, I have taken him before he quite likes it.

shoulder is getting better, need to crack on with making some more chutney this weekend as stirring is good therapy

• Like 1

Morning :)

Thankfully my two aren't too bothered by fireworks, which makes a nice change as Sophie and Sky were both terrified. Logan will bark at the first few, and any particularly loud ones, but mostly just ignores them, as does Kia.

Chutney sounds good Griff, what you putting in it?

Its a bit miserable out there today. The dogs and I have been out for a bike ride. I then had a shower to clean off and warm up a bit, and think we'll be staying in as much as possible the rest of the day if it doesn't brighten up a bit.