UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Good morning everyone from sunny Vegas :biggrin: Not had chance to catch up properly, so hope everyone is ok :flowers:

Had an amazing time in NYC - Marion, if you like magic, you have to go to Tannens Magic on West 34th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. It's in a building called 45 West and is on the 6th floor. There is a close up magician in there who has his own tv show - he's called Magic Ballay (or something), he does tricks for people. They are amazing!!!

• Like 1

Today I'm remembering not only those brave men and women who gave their lives to preserve our freedom, but also the millions of animals who have been casualties of war and who had no choice in the matter.

A lovely sentiment Alex and one I very much agree with.

Thanks Jayne - I shall make a note of that :)

Archie has had a lovely peaceful evening and spent some of it dreaming happily on his sofa with accompanying yips and much tail wagging. Such a difference from last night!

Suzeanna, I am very sorry for your loss. I was lucky Alan came back from the gulf war in one piece (he's my mums cousin but always my uncle Alan...he was the one who suggested the army to me), I always feel especially sad when children lose their parents

Kota hasn't been sick again...thankfully! Made my chutney..well one lot lol

Morning. Glad to hear dakota is feeling better. Gentle :GroupHug: for Archei and Timmy.

Logan has been dropped off for the vet - he was a bit pathetic and not happy about having his heart listened to or his temperature taken, so hopefully he is a bit more cooperative for them later.

WFH today so I can pick Logan up early if needed.

I didn't go to the Remembrance parade this year as I was feeling so low I knew I would just stand and cry. Nothing wrong with my life, was just feeling low and that would have been too much, thinking of the loss and suffering in my family.

I think many people in my age group were brought up by adults suffering from post traumatic stress disorder which caused them to act in ways they would not otherwise have done. It has made some of us a bit peculiar.

Well done on the chutney Griff, never been much good at making that sort of thing, always seems to go wrong.

Seem a lot of poorly animals at the moment, I hope they all recover quickly, nothing worse than sitting up half the night worrying about a sick dog..it always seems worse in the dark.

I have to agree with you Owl, though maybe I'd have been a bit peculiar even without my extremely erratic childhood! Nowadays parents seem to put their children's needs and wishes before their own, back in the day though, no such luck. I was whizzed around from pillar to post and no one even considered that I might be finding it difficult. edit to add..Hope you soon feel brighter, Owl. This dismal weather doesn't help, it's enough to depress Pollyanna.

Edited by suzeanna