UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Omg Sam, hope you are ok :GroupHug: :grouphug:

We are all checked in and ready to go. Had to laugh at mum, last night in the hotel restaurant, the waiter asked what wine she wanted - Sauvignon or Pinot. She just said yes that's fine :laugh: Going through to security this morning she couldn't get her barcode on the boarding pass to scan and kept setting alarms off :laugh: This is all before we have left the UK. God help us in America :laugh:

Sam hope you feel better soon here a big :GroupHug: for you.

not much to report really, my frozen shoulder has been muchly sorted by a friend who is a trained massage therapist and found I had torn my shoulder muscle in several places, lots of painfull stretches; pummelling and other contortionist type movements it feels so much better a lot free'er and looser to move around, however it aches like buggery today; the cost? A couple of cups of tea and some home made jam; chutney and a bottle of home brew beer that makes great gravy or sauce if used in a stew (beers crap though if you drink it)

Boiler getting very intermittent showers need to be 90 seconds or under or the water goes really cold and it doesnt ignite again, same goes for the central heating, so I called the plumber who installed it 13 odd years ago to ask him to replace it as it has had a hard life, not only did he remember me, the boiler and house but the fact I have a (slightly) nutty neighbour - which was nice :)

Cliffy all good and looking very handsum, he got mistaken for a puppy the other day which was funny as he can be a grumpy old man at times.

Thats all, carry on !

• Like 1

Glad you managed to get some treatment at such a bargain price LnH :flowers:

We might need a photo or two of Cliffy to make sure he is looking good and hansum :wub_anim:

The vet wanted to see Archie today before prescribing more medicine for his acid reflux so I decided to get his jabs done at the same time although it's a month early. I also got him some diazapam for tomorrow night.

Since our old vet retired and George went to The Bridge our vet visits are down to once a year, in general, so the new vet doesn't really know us. He asked was I sure that Archie was really 12-and-a-half. I told him I was, we got him as an 8 week old pup and as he was born in rescue they knew his actual birth date - 13th May 2003. The vet told me he's fantastic not just for his age but he would be if he was half that. Fingers crossed that it stays that way for a long time to come!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone , still feeling very lucky and I am getting a stunning black eye !

There is no law about animal welfare , dangerous dogs , public safety or any angle that could be used to make the owner change the way the dog is kept but I am going to a meeting next week in the capital regards the draft animal welfare bill as Dogstar is now part of a new group that campaigning for change.

Those dogs must be very clever using a phone app :wink:

They are very clever but the lack of an opposable thumb does cause them some issues !!! its why they are not posting selfies on Facebook :)

The phone data is showing we have delivered a average of 20% increase in sterilisation levels in 17 zones since March 2015 , pretty impressive stuff

• Like 2

You might remember that I mentioned someone in work has just adopted a tuxedo greyhound. He's having to send him back to rescue as he went for his daughter :( The dog finds being around young kids very stressful so it's not a good match. It's the second time he's been returned :mecry: If I didn't have three already (and cats) I would be tempted but I can't.

Awww Merledogs, that is so sad...hopefully their time lucky

Gooster, safe trip and have a nice holiday

Lol, fancy that geezer remembering your nutty neighbour Lauryl n hardy

Yantan...that is great news what the vet said about young Archie....hope he is o.k tomorrow night

HLGS, hope your ear is o.k today, and I hope the dog gets the help it needs

Still got my headache, going to try and see a doctor tomorrow

i thought it was either my gpa or one of my drugs but it could be something to do with my sinus' although i don't have a runny nose? hope i can get to ee my usual gp or i will be down the walkin centre...the other 2 are crap doctors

been peeling onions today for pickles and just done the vinegar and spices... i have put loads of chilli in so they will have a kick Lol

Deags went to the vets and was a good girl, she hardly made a sound, was good getting her jabs and microchip checked and good going on the scales, had a blast running round the vets room meeting the trainee vet and conor was very happy with her. I was naughty...not sure if i said but one of the reception staff said last time "i know i shouldn't say it but that dog is doing my bloody head in whinging"...meaning my deags, i tonight said to the other girl i was glad she was on and the one who moaned was lucky i hadn't dragged her over the counter...with that she appeared, i just glared and said i was leaving...doubt i will get an appointment easily but she behaves inappropriately and this isn't the first time she has said stuff to me, she talks about clients after they have gone and is very very rude on occasions to me, the vets must be aware of it and if my vet wasn't so good i would find another vet

deags also met a 4 month old pup who was climbing all over her head...she didn't grumble and both dogs had a lovely time, the lady said what a lovely nature she had... i was very proud of her

I'd be putting a letter of complaint in about her Griff as that's simply not acceptable. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Some friends of ours have agreed to take Archie in if anything happens to us. It was bothering us in case something happened on our holiday but its also good to know they would if owt happened otherwise. They looked after Arch a fair bit when he was a pup and he adores them. They've recently lost both of their dogs but can't face adopting another. Archie is something else though and they said they were honoured to have been asked as they know we'd not trust just anyone. We know they would give him a fantastic home if the need arose.

Hey the forum is 10 years old this month!