UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

Pleased that Sweden won. I am sure there are lovely people in Russia but I would have hated them to win. I still find it strange that they are even allowed to engage in *social* events.

Great news from Ireland. Well done on their referendum!

• Like 2

Yes indeed great news from Ireland :)

It's raining here :( Archie and I were out early again - we left the house at 6.15 this morning. Although it was lovely and quiet - we got to see a red squirrel and loads of bunny rabbits having their breakfasts - it was wet and humid. Can't believe the change from yesterday!

• Like 1

I was on my own last night and didn't realise it was on so I left it on whilst doing other things . I just really didn't want Russia to win it and I really liked his song 😄.

Woke up at stupid o'clock and then ended up falling asleep again. I really hate that feeling of a wasted morning, but maybe I needed the sleep...again! xxx

Hope the sun comes back Yantan xxx

Murtle, if you slept you obviously needed it. I didn't see any of the eurovision at all but i wouldn't have wanted russia to win either, shame for the decent people in the country but there you go

i stayed up and watched my film which was rubbish.... horror my a*se Lol

it is raining here, very glad i have nothing planned except sorting the kitchen out which looks somewhat like a bomb has gone off

Murtle, must be the morning for it. I was up and ready to head out to an agility show at 7. Sat down for 5 minutes and woke up at 9:30. Oops. Have taken the dogs for a walk and swim in the river loddon and having a snoozy day instead of agility.

The nurse at the clinic said it was up to me whether I had the Jap En vaccine. July isn't peak season, and I only have 2 nights when I am likely to be at risk (when I'm in my treehouse). It's £89 a vaccine and I'd need 2. Am really not sure whether to get it done or not :unsure:

Yeah you have yourself a dilemma Jayne. They are expensive but can you put a price on good health? I'm not sure what I would do. I seem to have severe reactions to jabs. I had a smallpox jab when I was still in school, back in the 70's, and developed a horrible sore at the site of the injection. It leaked bloody yellow puss that stunk to high heaven! Then back in the early 80's when I was going to west Africa I had a yellow fever jab and ended up having 3 days off work following it. It really knocked me off my feet. My boss at the time was far from pleased!

I checked the epidemiological report and until April ( last update ) there had been 17 reported cases of Encephalitis country wide compared to 11611 reported cases of Dengue Fever.

I think you have to make a choice you are comfortable with , the general advice re mosquitos for travellers is try to avoid being bitten in the first place , with that said I don't use spray , or sleep under a net so I am not one to ask for advice on such matters !

Well done Jayne :flowers:

I'm watching footie on the laptop and footie on the telly. Top four premier league places are already decided, but it's exciting to see who will go down (although not as exciting for Hull or Newcastle fans). Been there, done that, wouldn't want to do it again.

Bloke did come re the gates yesterday and the quote was bang on budget, so I'm going to have them done. Got one more coming to give me a quote tomorrow then will make a decision on who to go with.

heck i am not great Gooster but i can manage to do it now...which is a major improvement, hopefully over a few weeks i will be able to manage to keep it going a bit longer...flippin kids make it look dead easy Lol