UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

Morning :)

Just been to try and have my holiday vaccinations for Sri Lanka. She gave me the rabies injection, then I nearly passed out :rolleyes: Attempting to get the hep B one done after work tonight :laugh: Annoying thing is that now am going to be late for work :angry:

Ruddy weather...past mid May and I'm freezing, it's not stopped raining for hours and I have to go to the dr for a medication review in a while. The buses are dreadful at the moment..major reconstruction work being done on the main road..and instead of every 12 minutes you can wait for ages then three come along one behind the other!

Hope you soon feel better Jayne, I won't go anywhere that requires jabs, I'm prone to having bad reactions to things.

Your walk turned into a struggle Griff, but it sounds as if your dog tried her best to be good for you, it would have been worse if she'd taken off or tried to eat the pigeon! Sorry, I missed your earlier question..yes, my daughter's cats are settling ok, little Molly actually climbed up onto my lap and then my shoulder and head butted me this morning. Domino is pretty old and a bit senile, don't think he knows or cares where he is, so long as food appears! Sadly he hates dogs, so no chance of sneaking them indoors as he goes nuts when he sees Rosie. My daughter has put photos of the two kittens that tried to follow them on her blog..if anyone is interested, the web address is

http://amandainalonissos.blogspot.co.uk/ . It goes back to her original trip last year..some lovely photos but with our present weather, it's likely to make everyone feel very envious.

oh crikey Gooster, never had a travel jab in my life...i don't think i can now anyway, hope the rest of today goes well and you can get the other jab done tonight

Merledogs, we have a little bit of sunshine now...just caught the dogs chewing on my dogwood tree, this pair are so naughty

Suzeanna, hope you get to the drs easily. Awwww those ikkle kitties are so damn cute, she did well just naming them kitten 1 and 2 Lol. Bless little domino being a bit senile

• Like 1

Wish the blinking weather would make up its mind - its the office annual curry party today and I haven't got a clue what to wear yet lol Every year we go over to one of my colleagues house for the afternoon, he used to be in the Navy and he and his wife make about 6 different curries and sides etc. and we all sit out in their lovely garden eating curry and "team bonding" this year my new manager who is Bengali will be there and she's bringing some of her family recipe rice and breads plus several of exmembers of staff are coming for a bit of a reunion so I have been really looking forward to it (even if it does mean braving the wasps *shudder*) however this morning we've had, black skies and rain, blue skies sunshine and high winds, followed by hailstones then blue skies white fluffy clouds & warm sunshine but then it all goes dark and it rains again!

This evening I am going to see and collect (provided its in decent condition) the office chair I won for £30 on ebay - its a Bodybilt ergonomic chair which costs £1400 new (never knew they made pc chairs that cost that much!) but this one is 18 months old and was collection only so I suspect thats why I got it so cheap - apparently it needs 2 people to lift it its a 40 min drive each way but if its in reasonable condition it'll be well worth it *fingers crossed*

Hope the weather stays fine for you Snow.

I think I may have upset the pharmacist who did my medication review...she said my cholersterol result was under 5 and that sounded ok on the face of it, but coupled with other aspects of my health, it meant that I will need medication. I told her no...I am not taking statins, not now, not ever. Well, you must change your diet then. Hmm...skimmed milk instead of semi skimmed, margarine, no cheese, blah blah blah. Oh right, said I (feeling more stroppy than usual today, due to the rain), so I'll just develop osteoporosis instead then? She gave me a bit of a dirty look at that, I'm obviously not supposed to know such long words! We parted on speaking terms, but I bet she's put a less than favourable comment on my notes!

Snow, i hope you get some sunshine and i am very very jealous of all that lovely food you will be eating!

Suzeanna, sainsburys do some of those little drink things that are quite good value... got my dad some of those

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-cholesterol-lowering-drink-strawberry-6x100g

i am bl**dy livid, you all know how my mum has been having bother at work? well the latest thing is she has had to be put on a "management" program which means all aspects of her work are being looked at...instigated by the new bitch of a team leader, today my dad called and asked could i get hold of my mum.... i said well not directly no..why? he had found a dead cat that needed picking up, told him to give me the details and i would call the council... after 15 minutes waiting in a queue i ended up with.........my mum! she spoke to this team leader who said she couldn't take my call and had to put me back in the feckin queue!!!! so i goes back in the queue, waits another 5 minutes and who do i get??? my bl**dy mum, i flipped said it was p*ssin ridiculous and i was not going back in the queue again! she had to write down the details to pass to another team member to get them to log it on the system for me! i am seething, no doubt my mum will get in trouble for this, she seems to do everything wrong...how you go from being a call handler at 97% to being basically like a piece of sh*t on someone,s shoe is beyond me

• Like 1

Griff that sounds so unfair...doesn't the team leader have a manager that your mum can go to? Or are the TL and manager besties? I don't quite understand why your mum couldn't take your call, after all in that situation you were a member of the public first, not her family..it wasn't as if you were phoning for a cosy chat! You should have given a false name.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look.

I know Suzeanna, totally get it if i was phoning to make a payment or something but reporting a poor dead cat?? really...how could i have been treated any different to any other member of the public...don't understand it myself, as for the manager... hmmmm reckon they are both in it together