UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

insurance is such a minefield, the only policy we ever considered was covered for life but we have ours from puppies so it starts off about £35 a month, deags is with petplan, kota is with agria due to the stoopid vet nurse, hopefully she can be reconsidered by petplan this coming year as i would prefer them both to be with petplan

i am still very very tired but will try my best to get the dogs out today...might not be very far but will try and get them out, it is nice to be able to wee Lol i am a bit upset though as i thought this would be done and that would be that but i have to learn to self catheterize so i am really pee'd off by that, i will learn it though, just something else i have to get on with. I did have a laugh though, i am utterly convinced that they don't read your notes properly as the surgeon went to speak to my mum who was told that my arthritis had caused the problem i have....... i don't have bloody arthritis Lol that is twice in a week people have decided i have arthritis, seriously thinking about writing across my forehead i don't have arthritis

Look after yourself Owl :GroupHug:

I have exciting news :biggrin: On the 12th July, I shall be flying out to Sri Lanka :) I will be spending the first week diving and touring around, and then the second week helping out Dogstar :biggrin: I am so excited to be travelling to this side of the world and I get to fly on the double decker airbus (something I've always wanted to do!!)

looking forward to seeing you and the Airbus is awesome :)

they always ask me if ill stop drinking. I haven't drunk for years and didn't much then. ive never smoked. read the notes!

im shattered today. the suns come out, so I could go round to the bungalow, but think ill pack here instead

my phone case came. im really pleased with it. its got owls and hearts on it awww

Let me know if you need anything bringing over Sam :)

I was mightily tempted to upgrade one way of my flight to business. But then I saw sense and realised that it would ruin my flying FOREVER as nothing would ever be as good as flying business on the Airbus. Plus that money could be better spent elsewhere. So I didn't bother :laugh: Might regret that though if I get a sneaky peek at the business cabin :laugh:

My years ago my mother was referred to the hospital for abdominal pain.

She walked out when they decided she had appendicitis- she had had her appendix removed years before and bore the scar from it.

Our GP, who was a longtime friend of my mother, burst out laughing when she told him. He thought it was hialrious.

Hope you are taking it easy Griff.

Have planted out some plants I bought duringthe week but , although the sun is shing there is a strong , cold wind so have retreated inside.

Havie to bake a victorai sandwich to take to the film club tonight so that will het me up. We have tea and cakes after the film.

Victoria sandwich cake - yum :cap:

Although I shouldn't mention food as I've got a bit of this at the mo :toilet:

Re insurance, I moved all my lot to MoreThan when my Axa policies ran out. They're 11, 12 and 13 this year.

I've mown the lawn.

Edited by merledogs

I am trying to take it easy blackmagic, have just taken the dogs out and that is it. Mmmmmmmmmm victoria sponge...diet out of the window for me Lol

Awwww Merledogs, sorry you are poorly, i thought of you today, my mum rung today and told me they were selling fuschias at morrisons for £1...i instantly thought of you and your plant buying episodes

Gooster, you are going to have a great time

• Like 1

Griff, sorry you're still struggling with idiots at the hospital...I'm afraid I've got to the age that I don't bother to be polite anymore, if I'm dealing with fools I make my feeling clear. I'd be asking was it that they've mixed my notes up with someone else, or are they just too lazy to read them? On the other hand, perhaps they don't understand what Wegeners is, in which case they should go to Google and read up on it! It's not right..you could be given the wrong treatment or none at all just because someone is too lazy or stupid to get their facts right. I don't think doctors or even consultants walk on water, had quite a few in the family or friends of family and I know they are just human like everyone else..even if they think they are something special.

My son came up..too briefly...and brought just Aidan, but he was exhausting enough, that child is on the go all the time. He was so happy to see the dogs, especially Dylan, and said when we next go down to them, can we bring Dyl too? I said no as their dog might not like him, I didn't dare tell him the truth. He's going to be so upset. :unsure:

Griff take it easy :flowers:

Owl, I hope the knee is improving :flowers:

Logan's insurance renewal with M&S has just come through at £83 / month :confused: He's only 6 and has no long term conditions! Have decided to self insure - putting aside that amount each month into a separate bank account. Luckily I have spare money if it was needed before I build up a big enough pot.

Today I have caught up on housy things - cleaned the fish tank, mowed the grass, changed the bed, made it most of the way through the giant pile of laundry, took the dogs down to the river twice. Off to an agility show at stupid o'clock tomorrow morning, so figured I should get it all done today.

• Like 1

I am not going to comment on hospitals as I might be a bit rude. But will say that there have been one or two silly conversations with doctors who forgot the first rule of treating a patient: make sure you have the right person by checking their name, address and date of birth.

Knee is improving thank you. Had a walk on the reserve with friend Vicky who handled Wispa for me, and even did a bit of running with her.

We have had some excitement in one of our 3 fish tanks. I accidentally dislodged the heater plug from socket so the temp dropped before ik noticed. No fish were harmed but one species starts spawning when the temp drops, something to do with spring floods where they normally live. So tomorrow will be looking for ickle eggies to see if I can hatch them. Otherwise they may get eaten by other fish.

Evening all :)

Had a date this afternoon. It was lovely, we went to Dunham Massey for a walk, then went to a pub for a quick soft drink. Then we went back to his (nothing like that happened, he was a true gent!) and he made me a cup of tea and fed me Jaffa cakes. He wants to see me again too :)

• Like 1