UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

Happy April :)

Am all checked out of my room, got 30 mins till the bus comes to collect me (I think). Sod's law states that today was the one day the photographers took a picture of me. Am still waiting for it to upload in the office to see if I want a copy :rolleyes: Gonna be cutting it fine :unsure:

I had forgotten it was April!

I have spent a good part of yesterday going through the mountains and mountains of paperwork my father has stacked in his house. I am not kidding when I say he has saved every bit of paper regarding absolutely everything that he had dealings with since circa 1955. I am only doing it help my sister and brother out. They are both starting to get overwhelmed by it all and stressed with dealing with a duplicitous sibling and a bad situation that has surfaced regarding some of my father's property holdings. The other 4 siblings want nothing to do with sorting out his affairs even though they are due very large amounts of money in his will after he goes. He's leaving me the grand sum of £1,000 so self interest plays no part in my decision to help the other 2. I am SO glad I am nothing like my father.

• Like 1

it helps to harass!

ive not left the surveyer alone at the new housing association, hes agreed without looking at it, that I can knock the cupboard out, so that will be done this weekend. we 'forgot to mention' the cupboard in the bedroom, that's gone, what cupboard?

• Like 1

Urgh. First day back at work today. When will I learn not to book work in for the day after a transatlantic flight??!!

I got no sleep on the plane home - the reading light above my seat was stuck on. I felt like I was sat under the mastermind spotlight for 9 hours :laugh: I told the cabin crew, they told me they would let the engineers know when we landed :rolleyes:

Walter and Jessie have caught a cold. It is very cute, but getting their tablets from the vet down them is a challenge. The cattery owner took them to the vet whilst I was away. Walter is pretty much ok now. Jessie is still quite snuffly and has watery eyes.

Afternoon :wavey:

I've been pottering in the garden. Then looking at plants online. I have no idea where I'm going to plant all the stuff I have, so why am I even thinking about ordering more? I've given myself a good talking to. Got lots of pots to fill but lots of stuff to plant, so I really don't need anything else (in fact I need to get rid of some stuff still).

Hello everyone!

Trying to do a day of blitzing the flat but feeling overwhelmed as we seem to have accumulated vast amounts of crap again.

off to France on Sunday so taking the cats to my moms tomorrow then spending the day with her, my sister and her kids and then staying the night with sister so I can get to London for the train!

You are very kind Yantan. If the other so lungs want to I am sure they could invoice for their time in sorting stuff out if the others won't help.

I keep looking at plants but we have such a sun trap area that plants have a tendency to wither/burn but I would like to make it pretty again! Especially as the deer keep coming and eating the plants which are here...

Sounds exciting Jazz xx

Enjoy work Jayne.

Hope you are keeping well Griff xxx

...last weekend I went to see Tony robins and walked on hot coals!! So really I should be able to clear the flat 😄 xxx

• Like 1

Step away from the online plants Alex :laugh:

I am staying indoors out of the way of hordes of tourist invaders. The DW is walking Archie all next week and when she told me this morning she was working this weekend as a special favour to the owners of 2 dogs I asked if she would consider taking Archie as well. "Of course I will take the little man" she replied, "he's such a joy to take out, he so well behaved". The only thing is Arch hasn't met these 2 dogs before so I hope they all get on! I am just thankful that I can avoid the tourist hordes over the weekend :biggrin:

My plumber nephew has said he will come and fix my dripping kitchen tap today. Any one wanna lay bets that he will actually turn up?

Murtle have a safe trip over to France and a lovely time once you are there :flowers: