UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

Charlie removed his stitches himself when he has his cruciate done.

I have a nurse who stables her horse next to mine, she has said she would remove them for me. But with it being so close to his eye, I would rather the vet did it, just in case. I'm claiming on his insurance. So as long as his bill is less than £5k, the vet can do whatever they want to him (the bill is already £231 and my excess is £145).

Sounds as if she's messing your about Jazz, I hope you haven't sent any money?

Don't know if it's because I'm stressed about Dylan, or the cats imminent arrival, but my fibromyalgia has really flared up, my hips and neck are killing me, and the arthritis in my hands has got worse..my middle fingers look more like sausages! I've just washed my hair, and I'm hoping I can hold the hair dryer up long enough to dry it. :unsure:

Thanks HLGS, but are you in Sri Lanka at present? If so it is a long way to post it. best to tell me what it is and I can order some.

I doubt if I can get referred for physio. Didn't get it for collarbone a year ago or ankle fracture in 2011. I suspect it is to do with age. But I can pay for a few sessions myself at the local sports physio if necessary. But I have to say the knee is better today than yesterday, probably because I stayed in bed until mid-afternoon!

Its kinesiology tape , might be worth seeing a physio even for one session to get some do's and don'ts for recovery and they can show you how to apply the tape if thats whats needed

Owl, rest is the best thing but very difficult when you have dogs to walk, if you pop into google "physio tape" you will get the kinesiology tape...plenty of choice! back when taping first came in..nearly 20 years ago at out hospital, i had to make do with elastoplast Lol... if it wouldn't stick they would spray me with some horrible aerosol stuff and stick tape over me Lol

Thats the stuff , comes in a fantastic range of colours as well !

I saw some zebra taped stuff, i think HLGS, very trendy, i have coloured crutches and had them way before they were readily available, my theory is if you have to have something it might a well be trendy Lol

Jazz, hope the sofa saga gets resolved

Gooster, let hope blue decides to be good and stand nicely for his stitches out

Deags has been to see the vet, she was ace on the bus, ace at the park and whinged non stop in the vets! her pee was o.k so he has given her some stuff to clear her bladder out just in case an infection is beginning, he has mentioned hormone replacement therapy so there is that option at least if needs be, he has said i can give her propalin 3x a day