UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

Hi Loobs how are you ?

We have had a break in daytime rain which has helped a lot , on Xmas day I was totally flooded out on the ground floor which water pouring in via a retaining wall and water pouring in from my ceiling !!!

We had to cut short our last few days clinics as it was too wet to work

We have pretty lucky here and there are many many folk a lot worse off than us

I understand it's snowing in the UK ?

Donlt know about legalities but I would expect normal conditions for driving a car on the road.

Car must have MOT, driver to hold current licence and be insured to drive the car- either on his own insurance but that would probably only be third party cover, or your insurance covering any other driver. If no cover then consider what happens of the driver has an accident.

For your own protection

The test driver should be accompanied otherwise your car could disappear into the blue yonder and not come back.

If buying it, get a siganture that the car is sold as seen , no guarantees.

Check DVLA website re documents to be sent there.

https://www.gov.uk/notifying-dvla-if-you-sell-your-vehicle

End of 2nd day confined to home. Main roads in Worksop are fairly clear but it's all snow and sheets of ice on our estate. Wispa didn't mind not going anywhere today as she had bad tum which thank goodness seems to have settled.

I am told that it is very bad where I used to live. Chesterfield and Dronfield got it pretty bad.

ive been to bed and im up again!

ive just read Octobers chat, as I couldn't remember what happened to my car tax in the end

have you ever read back? feels like much longer that those things happened, well, to me lol

and ive seen why I thought shaking stevens died, it was Alvin stardust. I was close

merlin the time keeper keeps prodding me, as I should be in bed

mmm do I have another coffee? ive finished the custard creams

Hope you feel better soon jazz.

I've just unblocked the downstairs toilet :sick01: and done the monthly drain clearing. Handy hint: once a month I put about six inches of water (as hot as it gets, including some boiling water in the kitchen sink) in the sinks and bath, pour in a kilo of soda crystals in each, leave them to dissolve and then pull all the plugs out. It clears any fatty/oily deposits from your pipes. Maybe I should try drinking some? :laugh:

• Like 1

We had a very heavy frost last night so everything is white this morning. Despite the freezing temperatures I spent most of the night with the duvet thrown back and the fan on me. These hot flushes mean I have my very own internal central heating. I am getting sick of them now. Has anyone got any tried and tested tips for lessening the effects of hot flushes?

Alicia Ruby did the same thing and got Shaky confused with Alvin.

I am making broth from the left over turkey.

Alex I should do what you recommend with the sinks, bath and shower. I end up pouring Mr Muscle drain cleaner down every plug hole about twice a year and at around £3.75 a bottle so it adds up.