UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Oral Posts

Jazz

Congratulations on your win, Sam and Mark, it must be great to know that people recognise and appreciate the hard work you've done.

Yantan, sounds as if that loopy woman picked on the wrong person there, hopefully it'll stop her doing it to anyone else!

Jazz..can you get on to your local MP and complain? They shouldn't just keep making promises they don't keep.

I went to the haemo department this morning, my platelet count is up a bit, but not enough to be worrying or to increase my medication, thank goodness.

Evening. My diverticulitis has flared up badly and I feel like death warmed up. I almost rang in sick this morning but I had some prep to do for some meetings on Monday. By lunchtime I was in a bad way so had to come home. About five minutes (by car) from home, I had a blowout on the motorway. Lost control of the car and was skidding all over the road, pretty scary. I then had to wait on the hard shoulder in the rain for an hour and 45 minutes for the recovery man to come and change my tire. Not very happy would be an understatement :mecry:

Bloody hell Alex! I am glad you were OK but horrible to have to wait with the diverticulitis flaring.

Good luck with the house Sophie. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you!

Good news Alicia. I'm glad you got a better rate to help you out.

What did you win Sam?

It's unlikely I will be looking after Evie on a Friday now as her mummy and daddy have split up - it actually happened a while back but they have only just got their timetable together. Cara has changed the shop hours and now her day off is Sunday and her mum looks after the shop Friday and Saturday so Cara can spend full days with Eve. Cara doesn't want us to loose touch though as she knows I love having Evie and Evie loves coming here. So she brought her round today and we all had tea and juice and a play before taking the dogs out. We wanted to get Sadie and Archie together again after the unfortunate time when Sadie attacked Arch. I'm pleased to say that that went very well and they are friends again.

Oh and Archie had already been out for two hours with Esther before this. He's asleep on the sofa now bless him.

Ruby's ankle is still very swollen and sore. She has so far refused to see the doc so if any of you have any stories of what can go wrong when such an injury goes unattended lemme hear them!

Tell Ruby from me that I had a bad ankle strain with tendon and ligament damage which I never took seriously but kept walking about on it. That was 25 years ago and I have permanent damage. By contrast, the other ankle got fractured 3 years ago and was properly rested and is now completely healed.

Jazz, I am relieved that your situation has improved.

We're back from holiday - not the best time really, we set out to have a 5 day holiday in Jersey with Nick, Vicky & Owen but ended up holidaying on our own after the ferry put out in a force 9 gale - to say it was rough is an understatement - I can't even exaggerate as it was that bad it doesn't need embellishing. Waves were 30' high, the ceiling in the on board shop collapsed, we heeled over so far that the waves were breaking against the windows and we were on the top deck! Capt eventually decided to return to port as it was too dangerous to continue Vicky was terrified and in floods of tears, Nick was sea sick & Rob was white as a sheet having been hanging on to Owens car seat for grim death to prevent Owen being flung out. Once we got back to Poole the Capt offered to let anyone off who didn't want to sail again and Nick & Vicky decided they'd had enough and didn't want risk it again even though it meant forfeiting the entire cost of the holiday. Rob and I decided to continue on so a mad panic rearranging of the luggage took place harbour side before we reboarded the ferry and sailed again - this time with barely a third of the original passengers as most had opted to disembark with damaged cars and several had dogs with them who had been pretty shaken up.

The 2nd sailing was not much better than the first one, Rob was sick & throwing up all the way across as were probably 90% of the rest of the passengers - I have never gotten sea sick so I was fine however, I was upset and tearful because I felt bad for Nick & Vicky and was disappointed at not being on holiday with them as we'd been looking forward to for so long. Then 3 hours into the trip I was desperate for the loo we'd all been pretty much confined to our seats as it was too dangerous to move around but I had no choice - thats when it got even more scary as half way down the stairs the boat dropped out from under me & I was left dangling in mid air ... had anyone ever asked me to do a pull up I honestly wouldn't have the strength to do it, but sheer terror meant somehow I managed to hang on until she came up again. Then I had to stagger across the cabin literally being flung against walls and pillars until I made it to the loo. Then of course I had to repeat that journey back UP the stairs to get back to my seat. Poor Rob had no choice but to sit and watch with his heart in his mouth thinking all the while I was going to end up seriously hurt or even dead, somehow I made it back to him but can honestly say I haven't been so scared in a very long time. The legacy of that little adventure are an incredible collection of deep black/purple bruises on the inside of both forearms, both knees and tops of my thighs and a humongous bruise across my tummy where I was slammed against a table - it looks like I have been in a car crash. By the time we eventually made it into Jersey Rob had strained all his abdomen from heaving so much and was in a heck of a state and we were both absolutely shattered and our nerves were in shreds. Had a call from Nick to say he and Vicky had managed to get a last min cancellation at Center Parks so were going to get a holiday after all even though they had lost out on the cost of the Jersey one so I felt marginally better but still a bit guilty that we'd chosen to go on without them.

When we got up on the Tuesday I found that not only had I obviously strained and inflamed my back which meant I was struggling to walk and could barely stand for more than a few mins without being in pain but I was also facing "ladies issues" which meant no swimming or aqua spa for me which was one of the reasons why we'd chosen this hotel in the first bloody place. Have to say that it did affect the rest of the week, although I did everything I could not to let it impact us too much - hired a mobility scooter for Durrell which was great, and I made it through the War Tunnels and climbed a neolithic burial mound, and despite everything I did not smoke so I was proud of myself for that but the "shine" of being on holiday was not there and truthfully on Friday we were more than ready to come home and in fact we even tried to get back earlier but the earlier ferry was full so we couldn't switch. Poor Rob is still not right and not eating properly as his tummy is so tender and then to top things off (and there is a LOT more I'm not mentioning as I'd be typing for hours otherwise) we got back home to find a note through the door from the Police saying they'd called to see us making "enquiries" while we'd been away which had us thinking we'd been burgled which we hadn't - turned out to be something that happened to a neighbour & they wanted to know if we'd seen anything suspicious but it was pretty much par for the course with this flipping holiday - now we need a holiday to get over this one!