UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Oral Posts

Jazz

I had no idea that epidural's could cause this sort of damage. Poor Shelley :mecry:

Ruby was in London for a few days and got back last night.She managed to fall over after catching her foot in a hole in the pavement and has hurt her ankle. She also smashed the screen of her expensive phone which was in her bag and got squashed under her. She had to go to a Boot's and buy a stick to help her hobble around. On the tube she said she felt like an old woman as people got up to give her their seat and one young lad rushed over to help her on board and take her bag for her. Although I know what she meant it was nice to hear that their are good people around still :biggrin:

Alex I meant to to tell you that I have had an op for impingement of the shoulder should you want more info on that as it may be an option for you.

• Like 1

Aisling is 21 now and I refused to entertain the idea of an epidural when she was born because I had heard of people having complications but it was suggested to me countless times so I wonder if some people are talked into it . Childbirth is not the easiest thing I have ever done but there are other pain relief options and millions of woman worldwide do it with no pain relief so I do wonder why its still done when the consequences can be so dire

Just got back from the physio. One word - OWWWWWW!!!! I have Bursitis and some other thingy so have an ice pack and some exercises. I turned down the option of an injection thankyouverymuch.

Healing thoughts for poorly Ruby :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Alex was it a steroid injection you turned down? I have had loads of them and though they do hurt when they administer it it's only for a few seconds and the relief they can give (if they get them in the right place!) is worth it.

Well done Jazz.

im awake!

every bit of me hurts. thats normal, I can normally get myself back to sleep but I find out today if I get the bungalow, so im all in a tizz. Ive told myself I wont get it, and its the first thing ive bid on, but of course, im lay there decorating and sorting workmen, so ive had one coffee, and many custard creams. im going to try and sleep again in a minute, hope I can or ill be back on here. one thing, there are no presenters on the radio

Good news about your car Jazz, what is it? I hope you have equal luck with the bungalow and the aches and pains subside quickly.

That sounds nasty Alex, I've had it at the back of my knee and it was very painful but thankfully it went on its own, eventually.

Isn't it strange, the habits you formed as a child stay with you even when you are ** years old? The way I behaved to my mother, always trying to please her and get her attention on me rather than herself, I suddenly realised I've transferred to my daughter. Even more worrying, I've realised rather late in the day my daughter is very much like my mother. I sent her an email a couple of days ago ( I find it easier to write things rather than say them at times), and she hasn't even bothered to read it yet. I'm getting tied up in knots about it and I doubt she's given it a second thought. I'm far too old to change so I suppose I just have to accept it but things keep going round in my head. Argghhh!

• Like 1

It's never to late to change Suzeanna. How do you know she hadn't read your email?

Mother / daughter relationships are very hard, in fact I think any relationships are hard. I have been fortunate to have deeply involved myself in learnings which have helped me no end but have come at a cost both financially and emotionally. But I am happy to say I am so much stronger today for it and am very lucky to have a supportive husband who helped start changing the family controls and a friend who saw me for me at a time I didn't have a clue who I was and accepted me as I was without wanting to change me!

In me changing, my relationship with my family has changed and is so much healthier for me now. I am able to be honest and not worry about the consequences, which interestingly are never as bad as when we pretended everything was great.

Sorry, didn't mean to write so much, but when I started I realised just how far I have come from a father telling me I should stay and work things through with a controlling and emotionally abusive husband who restricted my access to friends, to now!! I am rather proud of myself :-)

I am happy to share any information that might help anyone.

Edited by murtle