UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Oral Posts

Jazz

I didn't ask what type of injection Marion, but I assume steroid. The good thing about the exercises is that they will strengthen/stretch the muscles around the shoulder so it's less likely to happen again if I keep them up.

Dogs are all scratching like mad. I Frontlined them about ten days ago but it's not worked. How long until I can apply the Advantage please?

We've had the heating on the timer since Sunday. I am glad it was on this morning when I got up because I was hit by an icy blast when I opened the front door to let The Archibald out.

I've heard a lot about Frontline not doing the biz anymore. I bought Advantage last time.

Glad you've found a car Jazz :)

That's terrible about Shelley :(

Hope the exercises help the shoulder Alex :flowers:

Suzeanna (and murtle and jazz) :GroupHug: family relationships can be so difficult.

My dogs have also been scratching a lot. No sign of any fleas though, but Kia scratched her throat raw. She's had a bath with oatmeal shampoo, and isn't wearing a collar atm. Seems to be helping.

We've accepted an offer on our house, so I'm now in a mad scramble to find a place for myself. Living in the southeast means everything is soooo expensive. But I'm looking forward to having somewhere that is my own that I can do with what I want. Dogs are taking priority in terms of where I'm looking - need a decent garden and somewhere nearby that Kia can go off leash.

Have had no internet for ten days- apparantly our card for broadband had dropped off the system. According to BT engineer it happens occasionally for no apparent reason. However fixed now, thank goodness.

The dogs were shut in the kitchen while he was here and when we let them through Cleo went strainght to where he had been kneeling on the floor and sniffed all over the area and then followed the trail he left walking to the door.

So much seems to have happened while I have been gone.

Sorry to read of Shelley's problems.

I had an epudural fo the birth my second so 36 years ago when it was qute new.

He was induced at 36 weeks because of my high blood pressure and I was asked to have one as the epidural controls the blood pressure. Before the birth the nurses thought the blood pressure monitor was brolen as the reading were always so high, although I had no symptoms.

The woman in the next bed to me saw fairies dancing at the bottom of her bed.

Twenty minutes after he was born my blood pressure was down to normal whereas after the first birth my blood pressure remained high for several days afterwards.

The aneasthetist was a young, eastern looking girl who took ages to put the needle in. The nurse told me after she went away that she was very good and would not go head until she got the correct spot. Puting it in the wrong spot can cause problems.

It was also regulated so that I had no pain but could still feel the pressure of a contraction and push when required.

I have had no problems afterwards.

While I hate the compensation culture that has developed if her life is blighted by someone's negligence I think she should take matters further.

My husband is still suffering the consequrences of being flung upright when 'something' started coming back up his throat during an operation. As a result he suffered a whiplash type injury and now has constant thoracic nerve pain. Although our GP suggested negligence we feel that it was a choice of doing that or the 'something' going down into his lungs so was the better option.

Glad you've got a car, Jazz. You really miss one when you need it to get about. We have no public transport so rely on our car.

My dogs are scratching and biting their paws at the moment. We have small, black flies around just now. They are known as 'berrybugs' here and come from the fields when the harvest is cut They are similar to midgies in size and cause incredible itching. Similar to harvest mites I suppose.

We are still enjoying warmer than normal weather up here. Today started misty but now the sun is shining- a beautiful autumn day.

The mental processes of some people baffle me at times. I was just reading of a young woman whose equally young husband was dying from a brain tumour, and the constant stream of visitors was exhausting him, and he asked her to tell them not to visit all the time. Sadly he died, and a short time later their baby daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia and also died. At the baby's funeral, her mother overheard someone say it was karma, for her stopping him having visitors (it was his decision, not hers.) If that had been my daughter, I'd have belted them one, what a hideous thing to think, let alone say. If that's their vision of God's mercy, I'm grateful I'm an atheist.

• Like 1

I think the things that people say and do can be amazingly insensitive at times :(

Just been round to mum and dad's to walk the dogs. They had put a nappy on Ted this morning. I got there, he had pooed, it was all over Charlie, their bed, the kitchen floor as well as encrusted in his bum hair. I can't even begin to think why they even thought it was a good idea. I would rather mop the whole kitchen floor rather than bath 2 elderly dogs, wash their bedding and mop the kitchen floor :rolleyes:

I haven't got the car yet, hopefully Monday

well. just been to see the hospital about my wrists, cryed all through it, told him I cant cope, been close to suicide with the pain for 6 months straight, so hes going to get an emergency appointment to take me to theatre and put steroid injections into the wrists, that will decide which emergency op he will book me in for, fusing the wrist or taking some bones out

gulp

People can be so bloody insensitive at times I agree blackmagic.

Our stand-in dogwalker has now moved up to be our regular DW. She came for Archie this morning and told me about a woman who has just moved here reporting her to the RSPCA for hitting her dog and picking the same dog up and dropping her. No such thing occurred and our DW suspects the woman is off her trolley or under the influence of some substance.

Anyway the RSPCA were quite satisfied that nothing happened the way the woman claimed. However she (the woman) started way-laying anyone she saw with a dog - she has one herself - and telling them a pack of lies about our DW and how she was an animal abuser. As chance would have it several of the people she stopped where actually clients of our DW and they ALL gave this woman a dressing down. And then this idiot stopped 2 women who stood and listened to what she had to say before revealing themselves for who they are - our DW's mum and sister!

Our DW, who had been very upset by the incident with this mad woman who had also verbally assaulted her, decided enough was enough and called the police. They are saying there was enough evidence to take the woman to court for harrassment but DW has decided to let it go but the option is still there if the woman doesn't desist. The police have told the woman to stay well away from DW and advised our DW that she also has enough to sue the woman for slander and DW says if she finds out that the woman is still bad mouthing her she will do just that.

All I know is that my Archie is an excellent judge of character and he ADORES this DW. I have seen her out loads of time with dogs in her charge and have joined in with part of the walk many a time and she is excellent with the dogs and they all love her. I told her I would be quite happy to speak up on her behalf if she needed a reference for this or anything else.

Talk about how to make friends and influence them. Would you move to a new town and start in on a resident like this? I am bloody sure I wouldn't.

Some people!

Poor you Jayne - was it down to you to clean everything up?