UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Oral Posts

Jazz

Their sizing is much more accurate than Evans have been recently, I've taken to going up 1 or even 2 sizes at Evans as I like my stuff to be loose plus Evans quality has dropped so stuff tends to shrink on the first wash so I have been buying much bigger than I want so that it fits properly after a wash. With Yours I wasn't sure what their sizing was going to be like so I went in and picked out stuff a size larger than I thought I needed and it swamped me, the sales assistant said she thought I could drop 2 sizes so I tried that and indeed it was a good fit - all the buttons and zips etc did up fine no pulling etc. however I do like my clothes a little looser so I went for my "normal" size which would be too snug in Evans and its a lovely fit. MIL yesterday also went down a size but like me she preferred a looser fit so went for her usual size too. Haven't tried the bra's but the sales assistant told me that customers think they are a much better fit than Evans, with shoes they are almost all EEE fitting so if you have narrower feet you can go down a shoe size - I found that a 6 was a bit roomy on me but the 5's had my toe right up at the front of the shoe so I'd go for my normal 6's on the grounds that when my feet swell (which they do) they'll be fine lol oooo and their boots are FANTASTIC - for the first time in decades I was trying on knee length leather boots and was able to zip them all the way up and they felt really comfy.

• Like 1

Oh and the pricing is great, I tried this on http://www.yourscontent.co.uk/Images/ProductImages/Big/f26930c3-f12f-4092-925c-fb16b3b96885.jpg

in store they only had the black in a 22/24 which fitted but like I said I prefer a little looser so I came home and ordered online and saw they also had it in several other colours the Black was £22 but in the grey it was £10 so I bought BOTH lol Last week they had it in Red as well as the darker colours but can't see the red online anymore. I absolutely LOVE them they are very much "Tracy Jackets" I'll wear them til they fall apart knowing me and they are soooo smart. I didn't order until gone 5pm paid for the next day delivery and it was here by 8am! You can also order into store which is free and the lady said you can then try it on and if you don't like it they can do the return and refund in store at the same time.

Thanks for all the info Snow! :flowers: I see the nearest store to me is in Workington which is about a 25 mile drive so by the time I've paid the petrol and parking charges it will likely be as much, if not more, than their P&P charges. Although Ruby works only a couple of miles from the town centre so I can always send her in to pick things up for me. I HATE, HATE, HATE clothes or any other shopping really with a passion and much prefer to do it all from my chair in front of the pc :biggrin:

I like the "Tracy jackets" and think they are also typical "Marion jackets" :jammin:

my mum has tonnes of stuff from yours, in the sales you can pick up maxi dresses for £10, everyone always says how beautiful her clothes are, she never buys anything from evans now, if you gave her any amount of money and said go in to evans and buy something you would get all your cash back.... she is sooooooooooo funny, we go in, she walks round, pulls a face and heads back out of the shop. One thing with yours clothing is a couple of times she has had clothes come and they have been damaged so if you order online check them carefully immediately, she had a lacey shrug type thing come and it was very badly torn. I don't know if you have heard of m&co? they do some bigger sizes in there, my mum has just got a beautiful maxi dress from there

Suzeanna, glad they have sorted your appointment out, what a faff!

my mum and dad were supposed to go to portugal on saturday but have cancelled as they didn't want to leave me alone with the 2 puppies.they didn't think i would cope due to the fact i have had to get up in the night twice for the past 2 nights

pup is still just pup, we did consider the name daz...as she would pass the doorstep challenge as she is soooooooo white (well for now) Dakota and her have been wrestling tonnes... i worry about the pup biting dakotas face but as my dad says that is what she did to delaney and if she hurts her dakota will put her in her place... i am not so sure as when she gets beat up by other dogs she just takes it. The new crate has arrived and i have put the pup in it, first time she howled so i ignored her and she went to sleep, second time she fell asleep on me and i popped her in and she and dakota are currently power napping... i think the pup with no name may have found her home!

Oh yeah the maxi dresses are fabulous - they were in the sale yesterday many of them were under £10 tbh I would have been tempted to buy them had I known about Yours back in the summer even though I dont tend to wear dresses without arms but they had some lovely light little shrug things in loads of different colours so I could have popped one of those over my bingo wings if I was wearing it out. They do some really lovely evening wear too if I was going to a posh do I would be spoiled for choice and even the dressiest of the evening gowns were under £50 which to me is a bargain.

I may have tried the purple fluffy bunny onsie on again in store yesterday so mil could see it - she shrieked so loudly she had to clap her hands over her mouth to muffle her laughter honestly Barney the dinosaur has nothing on me in a fluffy onsie :laughingsmiley:

Thanks likewise from me. I see there are 2 stores within a reasonable distance so may trundle out early next week and take a look. I dislike clothes shopping but I can't expect the 8 pairs of jeans I got on special offer in 2000 to last forever. Some are still ok but one pair has enormous holes in. It is not a look I can carry off, although it seems to be in fashion.

I managed dog walk and a bit of gardening today but am still feeling rubbish. May well have been flu.

Please may I ask for healing thoughts/prayers for my friend's daughter Shelley? Her baby was induced a month early on Sunday because of pre-eclampsia. Baby girl is doing well but Shelley is back in surgery for the 2nd time in 2 days as they have not been able to stop internal bleeding.

evening all

Owl I hope you are feeling better now

suzeanna, what a faff with your appointment glad that's sorted

Jayne , how was your appointment ?

Snow and Sandra nice to "see" you

I saw the physio today and I have an inflamed knee cap which was most likely caused by a uncoordinated rottie puppy running into me countless times

the appointment was very painful and I now have my knee strapped and lots of exercises to do but it feels a bit better already and I am back on Saturday for another appointment

we fly to Istanbul on Sunday for the Dog's Trust conferance which I am really really looking forward to

Owl will keep Shelly in my thoughts

Keeping Shelley and baby in my thoughts :flowers:

Hope your knee is better soon Sam :GroupHug:

I need some new jeans - might treat myself to some of my favourite Levi curve ID ones. Not had any since I lost my weight, so they just hang off me now.

Appointment went ok, I was amazed as the receptionist said that there were 2 people in front of me, my appt was at 9.15 and I had to leave at 9.45 to get to work. The gp arrived at 9.20. She bumped me up the queue so I was seen second :biggrin: He told me that stress and depression can cause skin flare ups, so it should clear up soon once I'm feeling better. He wants to see me again in a month for another review, but wouldn't give me anything for my skin at the moment.

Had a phone call from mum tonight. Apparently Charlie has been really really poorly whilst I was away. They thought they were going to lose him. He started screaming at 10.30 on Sunday night and was panting, really disorientated and distressed. So mum spent the night downstairs with him. She had Monday off work to be with him and just spent all day holding his paw and cuddling him. He just slept all day and didn't even go out for a wee. They didn't take him to the vet as they thought they would just put him to sleep as he was that poorly. Anyway, he's ok now apparently. Both Charlie and Ted have had poorly tummies over the last week, so I think Charlie had picked up a nasty virus that really floored him as he is 15 in January. Can't see him till Sunday as am working, will have to give him extra hugs and tell him not to do things like this again. He's already been on death's door twice with his vestibular attacks 18 months ago where we thought we were going to lose him :unsure: Love my little creaky old man so much.

Healing thoughts for Shelley and Charlie.

Alex, I agree. I need a weekend. Actually I think I need a holiday. Roll on Christmas as we are off to Spain. Tickets booked 😄. Next year I need to make sure I take a break as I am running on empty and still got 2.5 months to go!!

Sending positive healing thoughts for Shelley and Charlie.

Nice one Murtle. It'll be here before you know it!

I have been to see the nurse and had my flu jab and smear which was successful this time after a lot of faffing about last time. I've got a rash under one boob which I showed her and although I've been using clotrimazole for a couple of weeks it's not shifting it so I have to go back and see the doctor this afternoon :rolleyes_anim:

I came home to an empty house as the dog walker has pinched Archie. I don't like the house when there's no one but me here. A house needs a pet.

Just had wonderful news - Shelley's op last night was successful, she is off transfusions and drips and feeling much better. Baby is fine and ready to go home with her as soon as she is discharged from hozzy.

Thank you for your healing thoughts, Fugees.

This afternoon I am getting freebie sofa and armchair from friend's son who is moving house. Friend says they are very nice and comfy. I don't know what they look like but assume they are better than present sofa which dates from the 50s and has been recovered by mum 2 or 3 times. The armchairs went tipwards a few weeks ago. Got a good quote for transport and am hoping the man & van will take the old one away as well. I will not miss it one bit, it is bleurgh.