UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Soliloquies

suzeanna

Owl I am very pleased your neighbour was on the ball , Wispa is whistle trained and you have found out how she did it. I agree the idea of a teleporting Wispa that can be very scary indeed !!!!!

Alex if you can afford private or have medical cover get to a psysio asap, as Mary says the quicker they start on it the faster it will heal. I am trying to find the time in my rather stupidity over booked schedule to see some one about my knee as its stopping me doing just about all of the exercise I want to and I can feel my strength and flexibility decreasing.

Jayne , I think Mark said a full tank was under £50 when he want to fill up , I will ask what the price per litre is . I know it costs £6 to fill the tuktuk

I am not sure if I mentioned I am doing a distance learning course from the UK about anaesthesia , I am also learning Sinhala with a proper teacher and it feels like I am back at school with all my assignments, tests and online lectures etc

Dogstar is getting very very very busy again and Mark and I are collapsing under the paperwork , I have an expat starting as a volunteer in the Negombo office in November and we are waiting to get a donated air con unit fitted in there as the office has windows that do not open and its too hot to work in there currently !

I don't have much time with my home working Sam but I could find an hour here or there to do paperwork if it's possible to help long distance.

I could park my old Volvo estate anywhere, in the tightest of spaces. Come to park the Panda today after taking Archie out for a walk and with no cars in front of me and I had the hardest time getting parallel to the kerb. I have left it somewhat skew-whiff :rolleyes:

Jazz wait for the right car to come along as it will.

Murtle 22 miles is very impressive!

I don't have much time with my home working Sam but I could find an hour here or there to do paperwork if it's possible to help long distance.

Thats very kind but sadly its all stuff that needs to be done here for local gov departments etc or hotels , you will just have to come and visit me instead !

Jazz your dogs are better behaved than my Bruno would have inhaled the biscuits in seconds !!!!

Bleugh, ate something that didn't agree with me yesterday. Good news is I have lost 5lbs in 12 hours! I know it will return when I can drink and eat again.

Alex, can you ask your doctor for a referral over the telephone? If it is a pre existing owie sometimes they will be helpful.

Can't remember anything else..other than I am starving and at the airport flying to hungary so too terrified to try eating anything!!

xxx

Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon Alex - careful you don't overdose on the ibuprofen - you shouldn't really use the gel and tablets together. You may be better taking paracetamol/cocodamol and using the ibuprofen gel. Then you won't get too much ibuprofen in your system.

Hope your sick bug goes away soon Mary (and you don't get caught short on the plane). I had a grumbly tummy when I was at the airport before I went to Egypt. It took flipping ages to check in and get through security and it was boiling. All I could think was I needed to get to a loo asap!!

Trying to pack for my mini break. I stupidly didn't select any hold luggage (as it's only for 4 nights). I do not travel light. Also had a panic that am going to have to find a shop to buy razors and stuff when I am over there, as you can't take razors in the cabin (for obvious reasons). Either that or I don't shave anywhere between now and when I go, and have a go at waxing my legs myself!!

funny old day ,

ran a mobile clinic with 31 dogs sterilised in the car park of a lovely hotel where the manager and owner visited and treated the team to lunch and spent the afternoon rearranging my program to visit a hotel / area where dogs are being poisoned and or relocated ( i.e. dumped )

I have 7 vets and assistants staying with me , its like the bloody waltons at bedtime

• Like 1

*Rant warning*

The battle for care for my aunt continues. GP has said there is nothing wrong with her, she cannot have more care visits, and she is banned from calling the paramedics as she has had them out 3 times in a week because she is too weak to get to commode in the night. I understand that this is unacceptable, but I find it equally unacceptable that she should lie in a soaking bed. She is now doubly incontinent. District nurse was pleading her case and trying to get more support, but is now siding with doctors.

Doctors say that if she can't cope she must go into a home. She absolutely refuses because of the cases of care home abuse. Macmillan nurse is available again on Friday. I am hoping she can pursue the case. If someone has lung cancer and Parkinsons and is deteriorating, I don't see how anyone can say that person has nothing wrong with them.

I think she would be better in a home, preferably the same one that mum is in as I know they are very caring and could visit every day. But I think the professionals have mostly not understood her terror of going in to such a place.

How infuriating Owl...that the very people who should be looking out for her seem to be so blind to her condition. Have you tried explaining to her that the home your mum is in isn't like the ones she's heard about? Stupid..of course you will have, and of course she won't believe you!

I'm just praying that if the time comes that I'm in that sort of state some kind soul will be allowed to give me a pill to say goodbye to it all. Like your aunt I would hate to be in a home.