UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jolly Japes

Jazz

It's a beautiful day here :)

My last lot of work should be picked up today and another load left - yay! It's been a bit quiet on the work front lately so I am hoping that things are finally getting better.

Good to see you post Missus Merle :flowers: I was starting to get worried.

I am totally stumped as to what to make for tea tonight. I am sick of the same old same old. I need some new recipes!

• Like 1

its pouring down but the dog walker and her children have been anyway, just waiting for them to come back. ive sorted out the food cupboard, loads of stuff I hope they will want, problem is my food cupboard is nearly empty now. why did I buy stuff I don't eat?

just realised its the 10th today so the council have to ring by today. ive been looking through pages of legislation about disabled housing, but think I can just say they cant discriminate.

Yay! My next lot of work has arrived. I guess I really ought to make a start on it even though it is glorious outside.

Archie is being a right pest today with his barking. He loves to be out in the garden when the weather is like it is but he barks at every blummin' thing going past and the pigeons and the crows. I've brought him in several times but it really is too nice to have him stuck indoors so I let him out again with a warning to keep his pie hole shut but he just can't do it :( Hopefully Cara and Evie will be here before too long to take him for a nice walk.

Hello Alex, missed you x

Jazz, what makes you buy food you don't want to eat?

Ben has one for the second half of the replacement filling or something for his root canal. He got an infection in it, and had the first two hours done last week and was a sore but miserable sod afterwards. Hope he won't be so sore or so miserable after this time.

I am also safely back from Hungary!

What kind of food do you like eating Yantan?

Mxx

• Like 1

We have a glorious day today.

Last month our lawn mower broke a wheel for the third time. At £40 a time we decided it would be better to buy a new stroger mower to cope with our 1/2 acre of grass.

At the weekend my washing machine spent 2 hours washing my clothes in cold water then decided to rinse and spin them. The next load just kept washing them! So we have just had delivery of a new washing machine.

We got delivery in 2 days from Coop online and a good price. They told us they would deliver between 11 and 12 so 10 30 we set out to nip up to the post office to post a letter. A couple of miles along the road we met a medium sized white van with two men in it. Hmmm small van with two men means delivery? - could be our delivery.

With difficulty we turned the car round on the single track road and set off back home. Yep, it was our delivery. Sods law that they would come early when we had nipped out.

However all is well and first load in new machine has just finished. The machine is an updated version of my 15 year old one so has bleeps and lights galore.

Two of our double glazing panels have blown so that will be next month's expense.

I hope that is the last for a long while.

i don't know if anyone has pet insurance with AXA.

My two are with them and Cleo's renewal has just come in. She is still covered with AXA( their client base has just been acquired by NCI Vehicle Rescue plc who operate under Cover4Pets . They have agreed to cover existing conditions for AXA clients but their existing lifetime policies are for £4000 or £12000, not £7000 as AXA do.)

The premium has gone from £11 to £16. As she had a cruciate repair last year costing £2500 I am happy with that increase. I expected a lot more from what others have reported.

Will wait and see what new the new company are offering before looking at other options.

I'll wait and see what AXA's renewal is for Archie before doing anything. I think I'm currently paying £16 a month for him with no prior claims. He's 11 though.

I've filled a tote bin with work so I'm having a break.

Murtle we eat a lot of chicken, not a lot of other meat, we eat lots of veg and love rice. We like spice in only in moderation so don't do anything really spicy and hot. Last week I made some courgette fritters for the first time ever but we weren't overly keen on them. I often roast veggies - especially love roast cauli and carrots roasted in balsamic vinegar.

We arrived back from Rhodes at 1am this morning...most of today has been spent fetching the dogs and doing holiday washing, mowing the lawn etc. The weather was wonderful, as usual for Pefkos, not a cloud to be seen all week but boy was it hot! 34 in the shade of the pool bar at 4 in the afternoon! Friday of last week was very very windy, it nearly took you off your feet and the locals were saying it's never like this in July, but it only lasted one day and then died to a gentle breeze. We were pleased (and surprised) to find that although it's three years since we last went there, every restaurant and bar we went to remembered us and greeted us like old friends, in fact a couple of the places the guys said welcome home, rather than welcome back. Probably as a reaction to my health problems earlier in the year, I took a "sod it" approach and bought myself a bandeau bikini, ignoring the fact I'm probably too old and not sylph like enough for one :D, OH gallantly said I looked great, and looking around the pool and the beach there were a lot of younger women than me who looked a darn sight worse, which made me feel better and the bandeau hid the fact that I now have the one boob smaller than the other. The first couple of days after swimming I was getting quite a bit of pain around the op site, but that went and I imagine it was using muscles that usually aren't used that caused it. It's a good thing we only went for a week though, as OH managed to put on 7lb!

The dogs were delighted to see us and Dylan had been ok in kennels, but he's very unsteady on his back legs now poor lad, so I think a visit to the vet to check his back again is in order.

Hope everyone is fine, and Jayne and Sophie have had as good a time as we did on their holidays.

• Like 2

Sounds lovely Suzeanna, glad you enjoyed yourself :flowers:

Ouch blackmagic, I hope that is the end of the bad luck :flowers: The Axa renewal is good though. I've just had Kia's renewal through - I switched her from Axa to MoreTh>n last year - gone up from £17 to £27 a month :confused02: Not too bad I suppose, but with Logan's being £67 a month :ohmy: it is almost at the point where I might be better putting money aside each month...

I eat bland food so stick to the same brands, but they change the recipe and I cant eat it, or instead of tomato soup thought id get chicken, didn't have it

the housing officer has had 2 weeks to ring me, that's today. nobody else can talk to me as im her case mmmm im not happy!

Welcome back Suzeanna :flowers: Bandeau Bikinis are great - I have a couple of them in my bikini collection :)

Have you tried to make fajitas Marion? They aren't too spicy - I make my own fajita seasoning mix and they are really nice :)

I also make a lot of stir fries. Tonight I fried some 2 chicken breasts, 2 peppers and an onion with some very lazy garlic and a small amount of very lazy chillies. I then added some egg noodles, salt and pepper. To finish, I added some spinach and soy sauce. Yummy :)

First day back at work today. Had a lovely day full of nice patients. One lady asked where I had been, turns out that she stayed in my hotel a couple of years ago and loved it :) Just got a half day tomorrow - was supposed to be there all day, but they couldn't fill the diary, so they have cancelled my afternoon :rolleyes: