UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

@gooster, hope the guy in question learns from his experience and goes easy on the booze. It would have been even more embarrassing for him if he had propositioned someone who accepted!

I went to a country show at Thoresby Park near here, and lost a carrier bag containing yummy cheeses and chutney I had bought. Had to deal with the security man who was very dismissive and talked down to me. I have got quite unreasonably upset about it. It's funny the way one can be stoical through all kinds of major cr*p and then fall apart over something as minor as that. Luckily not in public, I drove to a quiet place then ranted and cursed, which I can't do at home as Wispa would be upset. Oh well, I hope someone has got it and will enjoy it, rather than it being slung out with rubbish. Luckily I did not lose other bag with nice breads and pasties.

• Like 1

Glad the cheese worked for Ben :)

Sorry you lost the bag owl - sometimes I wonder why people work with the public if they are going to be rude to them :angry:

Another thought did cross my mind with the gym guy - maybe he was embarrassed at being knocked back and pretended he didn't remember sending the messages. Thankfully he doesn't work at the gym building I go to anymore, so I don't see him very regularly :)

Have decided to treat myself to the cinema tonight and a meal at Frankie and Benny's (as if I didn't eat enough on Friday night :laugh: ). Am going to see the Wolf of Wall Street :)

• Like 1

Blimey Lou - stable jobs for 1 horse is bad enough in rubbish weather, let alone for 8 of them!!! :flowers:

Had to laugh at the farm tonight, I went into Blue's stable to untie his empty haynets so I could fill them back up again, and he came wandering over to me. He then put his face right up to mine and licked my face :laugh: :wub: I would love to know what he thinks sometimes :wub:

Have just got in from the cinema - the Wolf of Wall Street was quite good, if not rude and with quite a lot of bad language and drug scenes. However it was also quite funny, so I did enjoy it :)

Thanks for the reassurance Mummy Bear, and glad you were successful with the tablets.

Owl, how very annoying, both to lose your carrier and yummy treats and for that pain of a bloke to talk down to you. He's probably the sort who can only make himself feel important by being unpleasant to other people, don't let it get to you. I know what you mean about being calm through really bad things and then small things upsetting you though, I'm the same myself.

Lovely here after a miserable day yesterday, I put out a line of washing earlier, and teak oiled the table we use in the garden.

My son in law's dad died last night, he was in his 80's but had only been in hospital a few days. RIP Den, though if you are greeted by Jean (his wife who died last January) probably peace isn't something you'll get!

I've nearly convinced myself I'll get good news on Wednesday but the bit I can't convince is getting very jittery and my poor OH is worse than me.

Awww Suzeanna, ..... you can't change what will be, you can however face it and not let it beat you.... i am positive you are going to get good news and kick the cancers ass!!!!!

Feel sorry for anyone who has to sort out horses in this weather

Gooster, glad you had a good night

Owl, sorry you lost your goodies, that bloke sounds like a div

Yantan, glad you got your work done and got to watch all of your greys anatomy

Merledogs, hope you have foxes, i looooooooove foxes

Jazz, well at least you floor looked nice for a little bit

back from the hospital...not good at all... whilst i was there the gps rang me as well so i am getting it from all angles.My chest consultant went and grabbed my rheumatologist and i am going to be seen again asap after i have had my tests, i get to have some more ct scans done which have to be done quickly and i now have to go to see my gp again on friday as apparently my blood results are all over the place.... i am getting really fed up with this now, i have to drag myself to training tonight and i really can't be bothered.... if i don't go tonight i doubt i will be able to motivate myself next week so i will force myself

I hope your ok griff xxxx

ive just picked up trays of dog food that will last these 2 weeks, a carrier bag of pills, and 4 danish pastries, 2 rhubarb pies and a malt loaf. I actually paid out £1.90

I love these days

Sorry things are ganging up on you Griff..do try to get to training tonight, you'll enjoy it once you are there! I know all the tests are a pain (some literally) but at least now they are getting on and doing something and not just ignoring you. We had booked a week in Rhodes in July before all this blew up with my boob, I'm determined we are going and really looking forward to it. We've been there several times already so know a lot of the locals and where to eat etc. Where do your relatives live (it was you who said you had relatives in Rhodes, wasn't it?)

Glory Jazz, where do you shop? I never get things as cheaply as that.

You do have a lot going on, griff. However you remind your doctor of the trouble you had trying to get to see somebody. Maybe they should have listened to you.

Enjoy your training. It might take your mind of things for a little while and Kota will enjoy it.