UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

I bought my first two cats, because no rescue would rehome to us as we lived in an upstairs flat. As it was I was only there for a couple of months before I split from my ex and they got a garden to play in. They aren't pedigree they were an accidental mating from a cat the people had adopted who they thought was neutered. They are two cats that didn't end up in rescue though.

The third one was a rescue and is loved and spoilt just as much as the other two!

Pedigree or mutt surely you love what you choose to include in your life?!

OMG! I have just taken delivery of a giant order of pencils to pack. I have already packed a fair few since the last delivery. If you see me on here shout at me. I really don't want to be sitting up until 9/10pm in order to get it finished because I've been pissing about during the day.

groan, my dad has looked at patterdales and he has decided she is either a patterdale or a cross...... i know patterdales are really hard work and are working dogs and of course she will stay but i wanted the last dog i have to be another staff just like my beautiful diesel..... she is 5 months now

WP_20140219_002_zps9a00afbc.jpg

and another piccie, sorry for the quality she doesn't like the sound of the camera on my phone!

WP_20140219_001_zps4f5dce5a.jpg

i think she is a staff but underweight as we have been struggling to get her to eat, either way she will stay but i know staffies inside out and wanted my last pup to be another staff

does Rumpole still come on here? i will love her no matter what but as the only patterdales i have known have been very hard work i am having a minor flap Lol i am off to fetch the cat later and i am going to make some satin balls but minus a couple of ingredients so i can put a bit of meat on her

• Like 1

oooo if you wouldn't mind please Murtle, i have sent her a message with the piccies in there too. As i say she is here and staying and if she is a patterdale i guess i have some reading up to do!

vets have rang, dexter has had his op and is still alive (thank god) but very very sleepy so i have to fetch him later

and another piccie, sorry for the quality she doesn't like the sound of the camera on my phone!

WP_20140219_001_zps4f5dce5a.jpg

i think she is a staff but underweight as we have been struggling to get her to eat, either way she will stay but i know staffies inside out and wanted my last pup to be another staff

I can see very little other than staffie there. Maybe something else thrown in the mix as she is quite slight, but then she hasn't fully grown yet.

• Like 1

I see a Staffie. I don't see a Pattie at all. Whatever she is just gorjuss :wub: A friend of mine has a couple of Patterdale's and they are lovely, easy dogs but then she is very dog savvy and has brought them up right. Probably in common with most breeds any negativity attached to their reputations are due to the other end of the lead. Stop worrying Griff! :GroupHug:

I have finished work for the day, having got off to a flying start, so no one need shout at me now for being on here :)

• Like 1

Glad you got some work done Yantan..... i secretly quite like my norty pup Lol

Murtle, hope you have escaped work now

i have had her down the vets to meet the receptionist who hadn't seen her yet, the conclusion down there is staffy, i will have a read up on patterdales anyway, laney is a staffy cross with something big and i would have loved to have known who his dad was as it could give an indication to why he behaves so oddly at times Lol, Kota was very bouncy meeting iram and kept jumping up, i have no idea how to stop her, i tell her down and wait for her to sit but she jumps back up again. there was a gorgeous little pup down there, it was tiiiiiiiny i thought it was a little baby staffy but the lad said she was a boxer cross bull mastiff, she only weighed 1.8 kilos bless her

Kota was very bouncy meeting iram and kept jumping up, i have no idea how to stop her, i tell her down and wait for her to sit but she jumps back up again.

You tell her down then wait for her to sit- so 'down' means sit?

If you want her to sit then just say sit.

If you use down for lying down then don't use it for not jumping up which is a different exercise.

I use 'off' when the dogs jump up, or to get them off the furniture.

Murphy was a terror for jumping up when greeting anybody. it didn't matter if they stepped back or turned their back, he continued jumping up and down at shoulder level.

The only thing that worked with him was to bend down and put my hands on is shoulders and prevent him jumping up. Not pushing him down, just not letting him jump up while saying off and praising him while bending or crouching down and when he stopped trying

If the person bends down to the dog's level it doesn't need to jump up.