UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Doing this on my phone so excuse mistakes! I nearly had to stay in as theoxygen levels in my blood were too low but I did some deep breathing while nurse wasn't looking and they went up! Bad nights sleep so very tired today and sore, but have a hot and cold running husband at home today have an appointment in two weeks for results and district nurse later. I hope all poorly people and pets soon improve and Griffs consultant gets boils on his bum!

Good to hear from you Suzeanne. Take it easy and rest as much as you need.

You have had a lot to cope with in the last few days. Let hubby spoil you.

Yay Suzeanna, lovely to see you, i hope you feel a lot better soon!

Gooster, is there anyone at one of your work placements who may fancy the trip? or what about the gym? hope you find someone to accompany you

Still no call from my consultant, i will give him until about 1pm and then i will have to call the doctors, i can always cancel my gp if he does call........... Suzeanna, it would serve him right to get boils on his bum!!!! i know i am going to get shouted at by my gp as well but it isn't my fault really

glad hubbys with you xxxx

sort em griff!

got a letter from the vet college saying the insurance wont pay some of the bill. I think the £75 excess ... no.... £2,500!!!!!

so ring the insurance in tears. ive already paid £1,100 excess,

so he rings the vets and rings me back

the vets havent put the bill into them!

and they will pay it no problem

I was just going over the edge I tell you!

glad hubbys with you xxxx

sort em griff!

got a letter from the vet college saying the insurance wont pay some of the bill. I think the £75 excess ... no.... £2,500!!!!!

so ring the insurance in tears. ive already paid £1,100 excess,

so he rings the vets and rings me back

the vets havent put the bill into them!

and they will pay it no problem

I was just going over the edge I tell you!

Your vet doesn't seem very organised, Jazz

God that would have been a shock Jazz, i am still chasing the £180 i am owed back from vets now from diesels emergency treatment, it is horrible everytime you have to discuss it as it brings it all back, especially when talking to petplan as they as the name of my dog and her breed and i have to say she "was" diesel and she "was" a staffordshire bull terrier

well no call from my consultant.... i am just going to have to call my gp and see if they will see me...... i hope i get the same lady otherwise i've to go through the lot again!

still no call, appointment booked for 5.10! just need to get the dogs out again and get a shower (i won't normally shower unless there is someone in the house but needs must!)

got a bit of good news, my dad has an interview for the job he has been waiting on for the past year or so, i don't think he will get it but at least he has the interview this time.... we think the job is labelled for one of the other lads

Hope your dad gets the job Griff :flowers:

Glad your insurers are paying out Jazz - must have been a shock though to hear that though!

Had a phone call today offering me more regular work, really close to home. The guy wants Wednesdays and Saturdays covering. The Wednesday is not a problem at all, but am not happy to do a Saturday with him. I have only just started at my regular Saturday practice, and I absolutely love it there. I'm done by 12.30 and have the whole afternoon to do what I want. Yes the one closer to home is more money, but I would rather work somewhere a bit further away and do half a day, rather than work closer but have to work all day. I have spent 7 years working every Saturday all day. I am fed up of having no weekend to speak of and working all day on a Saturday. Anyway, I am going to meet him on the 12th March, so hopefully he will be ok with me just doing Wednesdays for him (but he will have to work around other days I have booked elsewhere, as I'm not letting my regulars down :rolleyes: )

sounds like you are in demand Gooster.... which is a very good thing but i fully understand you not wanting to do a full day on a saturday, you have to have a good work/life balance otherwise whats the point? hope he agrees to the 1 day a week!

Jazz, i hope your son gets his job, my dad is on a temporary rolling contract with the council and the job he wants is working for the same department but better hours and a nicer job, at the moment he works 1-9 mon-fri and the new job is 7-1 i think and the winter hours are shorter... it means he will be able to take my mum for a meal, go for a pint with his mates and when the footie is on go and join his mates to watch the game together

right i really must get my bum off the sofa.... my motivation has left me Lol

Lol, that sounds well dodgy Jazz!!!

been tothe drs, shehas increased my tablets and was going to call my consultant and advised i do the same tomorrow.... got home, sat down, phone went...Dr Dubey! he has agreed with the increase and if i am no better by monday call him back... i don't think his secretary has passed the messages on, she was rude to my mum before and has been rude to me on several occasions and my mum has tried to make an appointment to speak to him after i was first diagnosed and that was 18 months ago and she is still waiting!!!! he does make me laugh though!

Dead chuffed with a bargain I just got for mil's birthday - she like me loves handbags and shes often admired my Kipling bags (I lurrrvvvvve my Kipling bags) but shes always balked at paying for one lol anywhoo I just had a quick look on Amazon as its her birthday next week and I got her one - on the Kipling website its £70 on QVC it's £57 on Amazon it's £29 however theres a code for 20% off so I got it for £23 delivered! whoo hooo.