UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Hi Marge, we look forward to your news.

Very sad for my sister and bro in law. Their old staffy girl Sugar is on the way out. She has tumours on liver and spleen :( and is not showing discomfort but can't keep anything down except a little water. Steroids were prescribed but no improvement. She has a vet appt for Tues but sister thinks they will be helping her over the Bridge before then as she is getting weaker. She is mostly resting wrapped in a fleece and getting lots of cuddles.

They got her from a staffy rescue around 2006, and she promptly had a huge litter of pups!

oh Owl, i feel for your sister and brother in law.... i hope Sugar passes peacefully when her time comes

oh i feel sick..... i have just chopped up 4 pots of chicken livers to go in the dehydrator.... being virtually vegan it really wasn't pleasant..... i have had a guesstimate and i am going to pop them on over night for 9 hours and see how that goes..... hopefully they will dry nicely as i want to give some to the lady who takes me to dog training for her dog.

Hi Marge :wavey:

Sorry to hear about Sugar, saying goodbye is the hardest part of sharing your life with a dog :(

Hope the liver treats worked out ok - I used to cook liver cake for the dogs when I used to do obedience classes with them. The dogs loved it but it was a vile task making it :rolleyes:

I had a really nice night last night. I went to Tesco after the farm to do a food shop, then made a really yummy chicken rice meal thing. I then camped out on the sofa with a bottle of wine to watch Ant and Dec and then take me out :) Usually on a Saturday night I go round to mum and dad's and there is major discussion about what to watch (usually with mum making a comment such as 'we can't watch that, it's Saturday night'. She is of the opinion that on a Saturday night, you must watch a film, and watching anything else is not allowed :rolleyes: , so it was great to just watch what I wanted to watch for a change :)

Am working 12-5 today in the Trafford Centre - I might try and get there a bit earlier to look for some new shoes to go with my new dress :)

the liver is drying out nicely...bleurgh! i left it on a timer overnight for 5 hours but it needed a bit longer so i have plugged it back in this morning, dogs are walking round the shed sniffing so i guess they are going to like them Lol.

Hope you find some shoes Gooster

Merledogs, glad your dogs have been making friends, we don't see any dogs down here and the only ones we do just bark and lunge at the puppy, she is very good though and doesn't react at all

I think I must have fat feet or something. Every pair of shoes I have tried so far is really narrow and I can't actually fit my feet into them :unsure: :laugh: Maybe it's because I have worn proper shoes all my life, and not crammed them into stupid shoes since I was a teenager and that's why they don't fit. Half the shops are still shut though, so will have another look when I finish work :)

• Like 1

Quick run to the wildlife hospital this morning. One of the pair of resident wood pigeons was asleep on the ground in a flower bed, and Wispa caught it. It got away and hid behind the bins, so I fetched a towel to throw over it and put it in a cat carrier. It has a minor laceration from Wispa, but there is something wrong with its leg which is probably why it was asleep on the ground. Will call later to see how it is getting on. Its mate is wandering about looking for it :( Hope it recovers and can return here.

I think I must have fat feet or something. Every pair of shoes I have tried so far is really narrow and I can't actually fit my feet into them :unsure: :laugh: Maybe it's because I have worn proper shoes all my life, and not crammed them into stupid shoes since I was a teenager and that's why they don't fit. Half the shops are still shut though, so will have another look when I finish work :)

Same problem here. I have had better luck online.

Try different makes Jayne. Gabor are very comfortable and smart and sometimes even fashionable. They aren't cheap but they do last for years if you look after them well (or not so well)!

How come dogs make friends easier than humans!!

I have been for a run, it is one of the winter handicaps for the club. It was muddy and hilly and a good work out. But there were loads and loads of dogs out too which was lovely. I was running up a long uphill drag and this little terrier (maybe smaller) was haring down on the same path like a game I chicken!! He won, I moved out the way as he looked so happy and I was scared of catching him with my feet!! His playmate was also a Dalmatian so he might have sent him after me to teach me a lesson too!!