UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

ohhhhh Suzeanna, i hope all is well and the consultant just wants to discuss things face to face

Owl, sounds like the best outcome all round... your mum is happy where she is, you are happy she is happy so that is all that matters, you have done a lot more for your mum than most people would do

i finally get a haircut today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzeanna I wonder if the people running these things ever sit down and think about how they deliver their service impacts on their patients. There should be a consistent and reliable chain of communication. I cannot understand why this shouldn't be the norm.

Owl I always say never judge someone until you have stepped in their shoes.

Well Archie is all packed and ready to go :( Esther will be here any time now to pick him up.

Hope all is ok Suzeanna - I think sometimes because consultants etc deal with mammograms/biopsies etc every day, they forget what a big deal it is for the patient. We have a patient at one of my practices, who only has one useful eye, and that has a few problems. Not a week goes by without her phoning us or the hospital consultant panicking about something. She usually gets the brush off from the consultant, as tbh her vision is pretty good relatively speaking, to her it's a massive deal, but to him it's an every day occurance :unsure: Hopefully everything is ok :flowers: :hugs:

Another day off today :)

The Archibald has left the building.

With not a backward glance, just a super waggy tail.

Handing his bed, dish, towel, blanket, food, treats and vax certificate was very hard.

How stupid am I? He's only going for 24 hrs! (less if he won't settle or puts a paw wrong with the resident dogs)

Suzeanna, hopefully it is nothing to worry about and just that the first person shouldn't have said they'll phone. The reason for all to go in, is so that people don't have to worry.

Yantan, remember he doesn't know he's off for a sleep over! He's off for a walk which he always enjoys. Hopefully he'll stay the full 24 hours and you'll be able to have your holiday too!!

xxx

Suzeanna :GroupHug: Try not to worry too much - if it was anything super serious they'd call you in for results / follow up sooner.

Owl, glad to hear your mum is happy in the home, and sounds like the perfect place for her to be. If anyone gives you grief, they're not worth having in your life.

Griff - enjoy the haircut :) It's now over 12 months since I had mine cut - think I'd better think about booking in, as the ends are all horrid.

Be good Archie :flowers:

Nothing much to report here.

Well I have just taken delivery of a load of work so that will keep me busy and my mind of my little lad :)

I have made a toasted sandwich with vegan cheese I got from the DW's shop. I have ham in it also :rolleyes: I'd love to be a proper vegetarian but I just love meat.

Am sure Archie will be fine :) He is used to his DW now, so it's not like you are sending him off with a stranger :)

I think my water infection is back :angry: :rolleyes: I have just phoned the doctors to see if I can just get an prescription, but I need a telephone consultation first :rolleyes: Am hoping he will just say I can collect a prescription for antibiotics this afternoon, as I know that is all I need, so it would be a total waste of an appointment if I have to go in :rolleyes:

I showed Rob a picture of a dog in rescue this morning and he laughed and said he looks a real character, that was a bit of a surprise as he had been telling me NOT to show him any dogs as he's nowhere near ready to think of another dog and got a bit tetchy with me when he saw I have been looking already. Perhaps he'll be ready a bit sooner than I thought he might be ... though I have to tread verrrry carefully as I know if I push he'll dig his heels in.

If Rob is anything like my dad, you have to plant the seed and then let him think it's his idea :ninja: I wouldn't show him any more now and let him think about the boy you showed him. If he liked the look of him, you will probably find that Rob keeps thinking about him and then will be more open to the idea of looking again :ninja:

Just spoken to my doctor - I can have some antibiotics :)

Suzanna, hope everything is OK.

Behave young Archibald :biggrin:

Bit wibbly here, OH has not been feeling too great lately with various things. Finally got him to go to the doctors Monday, he had to give a urine sample and was set to have a blood test in 10 days time.

Find out Tuesday evening that he had missed a call from the Dr asking him to come back in sooner for a blood test! He went this morning (I couldn't go as was 'out' working, I then get a phone call from very upset hubby as he has basically been diagnosed with Type2 Diabetes :crying_anim02: Of course he hasn't taken everything in that was said to him but they apparently debating him to go direct to hospital from Dr's surgery!! He has some testing to do and another appt tomorrow morning which I will go to with him...not the worst thing he could have but will mean changes. He normally has 3-4 spoons of sugar in his tea.

San, big :GroupHug: for you and your OH. My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 5 years ago. His is well managed by diet and lifestyle changes - was scary at first, but now just seems normal.

Tis freezing and miserable out there. Normally I wouldn't be too complainy as I'm warm in the office, but we still have portaloos due to the drains flooding, so I've just had to traipse out across the car park for a wee.

Raining again, what a surprise. I'm so so sorry for the people who live in the south west and somerset.

San, a chap at my OH's work was diagnosed a year or so ago..he had a very sweet tooth and drank several cans of Coke a day. He made changes in his diet and dropped the Coke totally, lost weight, and looks brilliant on it. Try not to worry too much.