UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Oh Jazz, i am so sorry for your loss.

Owl, i hope your mum gets her infection sorted out quickly.

congrats Suzeanna

rang our local pet shop to see if they had the pet food i wanted, they assured me yes they did, gave the colour of the bag and stated puppy food and they said they would put it on the side for me, i went to collect it and imagine my surprise after asking for a bag that is blue to be given an orange bag with blue writing...... i was then told that next time i should order it in advance...errm excuse me i asked did you stock it you said yes but then it is my fault that you put the wrong bag aside for me and told me they had the food in stock?? ended up dragging myself all the way to p@h and back

Edited by griff

Hello folks. Popped by to say hello & sorry to hear that there is sadness, illness, problems etc for many of you.

Jazz - I'm so sorry you have lost your best little friend :(

Owl - oh dear re pod problems but I am relieved your Mum will get the care & supervision she needs. I know only too well that there is only so much you can do at home.

Yantan, Suzeanna, Griff & all poorly folk, also Dies & poorly dogs, I really wish you all well.

I can't remember when I was last here but for those who know me but don't know my news, my Dad lost his battle to mesothelioma on Remembrance Day. The last months were incredibly hard for us all. Dad's last 3 days or so were at the local hospice. We were there a lot but he slipped away quickly in the night when we weren't with him. This will be our third odd Christmas looming as the festive season 2011 was when Dad was diagnosed & given 1 year, last Christmas felt like the one on borrowed time & this one well...
Patrick lost his step-Dad to cancer this year too so he is going to be with his Mum, I kept my diary free to look after parent(s) but it is best my Mum goes to my brother & enjoys the grandchildren so I have a weird Christmas day for just me & the dogs. Rather than pretend to make a miserable go if it I will totally ignore the fact it is Christmas day and I will be painting a spare bedroom. Hubbie has nearly finished the prep for me. Most people think this plan is mad!

Hello Whizzie, nice to see you post :flowers: I am sorry to hear about your dad. If you are happy ignoring Christmas and doing some home refurb instead - fair enough! Lots of other people don't celebrate Christmas for a whole host of reasons so you won't be the only person doing their own thing. The owners of the holiday house that backs onto us spent all last Christmas ignoring it and got set into re-decorating.

It is very stormy here. I can hear wheelie bins being blown over in the back lane. Archie asked to be out 3 times and each time the front door was open he changed his mind as the rain and wind pelted in. Finally he couldn't hold on any longer and sprinted out did the fastest wee ever and then sprinted back in.

Well the vegan brownies and carrot cake at least look fine - we tasted a brownie and though they have the nice crisp top with the soft inner we both thought they were a bit lacking in flavour but of course we are used to eggs and butter. To a vegan they might be OK :worried_anim: The icing for the carrot cake tasted surprisingly OK considering it was made partly from vegan margarine. I only hope they help raise some money for the wildlife place. If the weather is the same as this in the morning I doubt there will be many shoppers venturing out.

OK, I'm done.Orf to bed so night all.

:GroupHug: :grouphug: to everyone in need.

Just got back from the farm night out. We went to Crazy Wendy's in Didsbury. That was an experience. I was driving, so didn't have anything to drink, whilst everyone around me was getting steadily more and more sozzled, dancing on chairs, spilling drinks etc. The food was ok, but took an eternity to arrive and I didn't end up eating much. It got to 10.30pm and Crazy Wendy still hadn't appeared to do her show, so I came home as I am working tomorrow. A couple of the less sozzled girls were asking me if I was ok, and telling me there was no way they could cope in there without having drunk a shed load of booze :rolleyes: :unsure: Don't think I will be going back there in a hurry.

Moaning :tired:

So sorry Jazz :GroupHug: :(

Owl - hope things improve for your mum soon :GroupHug:

suzeanna - congrats :flowers:

Griff - for poorly diez :GroupHug:

Delighted autumn is out of the way. Happy winter vil2_froid2.gif

RMF : Today's the shortest day, so it starts getting lighter again yippee-1-1.gif

Am going to go and do my food shopping once I've had some breakfast, in an effort to beat the rush.

Edited by merledogs

Sorry to hear your news Whizzie. Do what you want on Christmas Day. Some people forget Christmas isn't a happy time for everyone.

Yay for the days getting lighter!

I have to get up and go running but it has turned fresh and frosty here!!

Edited by murtle

I decided to use Ocado instead (dunno why I didn't think of it before :rolleyes: ) and saved myself £26 in the process, although a tenner of that went on delivery for tomorrow cos the next day they had available was after Christmas, so I actually saved £16 but worth it not to have to mess about in Asda. Plus it's Christmas, so I deserve some nice Waitrosey fings rather than run of the mill Asda.

Whizzie - do what you want to :flowers: I spent Christmas on my own every year and it's the same as any other day really, just with lots of extra yummy treats for me n the mutts and a turkey dinner for all of us.

I think I am about to lose Garfy cat. He seems okay still but has now stopped eating the treats he's been living on, but did have some wet food.

It was four years yesterday since I lost Milly :mecry:and my first Christmas without Max :mecry:

Edited by merledogs