UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

Good luck at the dentist Snow, I hope they are able to sort you out in today's session :flowers:

I'm feeling so sad for Griff this morning :mecry:

Ruby borrowed my car yesterday to take some stuff to the recyling depot a few miles out of town. On the way home the power steering went! Fortunately she was just coming back into town at the time so didn't have far to drive. She only parked it up with a struggle. I rang the dealer this morning and they told me to bring in it as they are working until lunchtime so Ruby has taken it. However when she got in it this morning the power steering was working! I assumed that the belt had gone as I lost the power steering on another car and that was the cause. Anyway she took it all the same so they can hook it up to the diagnostic machine and see what's what.

Alex not long now matey! I

• Like 1

Tooth sorted thank goodness - apparently it wasn't just 1 tooth but 2 - it caused much hilarity when he asked me what I was doing when it happened and I said tasting my Xmas ham I'd just cooked! Ham is actually beautifully tender and soft lol Temp filling in place and appointment booked for New Year to get it properly sorted (doubt the temp filling will last tile than but as long as it lasts me until the 27th I dont care - dentists advice eat the roasties on the other side lol

Glad you have a temporary fix for your teeth Snow :flowers:

Hope your car is ok Marion :)

1 and a half hours of work left :biggrin: Am flipping starving though - I brought my Lindt chocolate Santa that was in my advent calendar to work. I was going to eat it once I finish work, but am not sure if he will survive that long!

Thankyou Everyone, it means a lot. we had to take her to the emergency vets on saturday night, my dad had been drinking so we had to get a taxi... blood was coming out of her back passage, they gave her a jab and sent her home, 3 am she wasn't good so another taxi there and they kept her in, collected her sunday am and by sunday afternoon she was pouring with blood from her back end again so i had to take her back and leave her with them overnight, by the time i got her on monday am she was borderline anaemic and when my own vets checked her blood had dropped from 28 to 22, she had a mass in her tummy so i decided to let her go. She was a special girl who like me had had a lot of problems and i will never ever get over losing her, the only blessing was she was treated with such love and care at my vets and spent her last hours with people who loved her... i just wish it had been me.

Yantan, i hope the car is easily fixable and not too expensive

Snow...Ouchy, hope the filling lasts

Owl, how absolutely disgusting of the hospital, i would put in a complaint

Griff you are among friends here who know exactly how you are feeling, but do take time away if it's too raw :GroupHug:

Glad snow got teefs sorted :flowers:

Hope your car is okay now Maz :flowers:

RMF : Left about 12.20. Boss texted me 15 mins later to say that I didn't have to take the afternoon as leave :) Might have had something to do with the fact that I said he could use my BT Sport login to watch the footie on his iPad on boxing day :wink: Don't cost me nuffink as I get it free with my BT broadband and apparently you can have two devices streaming at the same time.

Have stripped the bed and bedding is in the wash so will have nice fresh bed later. As if I don't have enough bedding, now that I've downsized to king size I've been able to buy the bedding I've been coveting in Costco for a couple of years (only goes up to king so couldn't buy it for my superking bed). It's 600 thread count Supima cotton, which is rather lush. I do have a thing for Supima cotton and have four sets :whistle: So much nicer than Egyptian cotton even.

Edited by merledogs

:GroupHug: Griff

Am sure the right mini dog will appear soon Jazz :flowers:

Am not feeling at all festive :unsure: Have just done all my ironing and need to put it away, then will go and check on Blue, before going to mum and dad's. I usually love Christmas, but it's almost as though I can't be bothered this year :unsure: Am not sure if it's because I am working 27/28/30/3/4/5, so don't have much time off to enjoy it, or whether it's because I am going away in January (but tbh, that still doesn't seem real yet :unsure: ). I almost feel like all my enthusiasm for everything has just deserted me! I think I need to watch Santa Claus the movie or something to get me in the festive mood!!

Jazz and Griff I am so very very sorry for your losses

I have had the maddest email , a bloody ecard from one of my owners here and his dog

Dearest Mrs, Sam & Mr. Mark,

We wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy and Prosperous New Year From

Rohan, Lucky & family
plus a video

Lucky the dog already emails me , now he is sending ecards and remember not only is Lucky emailing me he is doing it in his second language

let no one tell you my life is anywhere near normal because its not....

I've just changed my bed too Alex so it's all nice and fresh for Father Christmas - you never know he may want to get in for a warm up!

My car is under warranty so any fixing up will be covered by that. The mechanics think the engine just got swamped with all the water it ploughed through yesterday. The diagnostic machine showed where the fault had occurred. They'd no time to do anything today but feel pretty confident that I can drive it over the Christmas period and it will be OK. Should the fault occur again they advise that I just pull over, stop the engine and re-start as that will re-set the electrical component causing the trouble. They've seen this happen before and assured Ruby it's nowt major. It may never occur again but if it becomes a nuisance they will order a replacement part and fit it.

We are going to partake of the ham I cooked earlier today for tea tonight. Num, num, num.

Oh and our DW's fundraiser, for which we baked vegan carrot cake and brownies, raised £80 for local wildlife refuge :)

Nice vid Sam :)

• Like 1

I will indeed make a complaint to the hospital about mum being sent home in night clothes. When she was a nursing sister in that same hospital she was a stickler for maintaining patients' dignity. Even I who have no interest in clothes other than that they should be warm and hardwearing would have felt embarrassed to get in a taxi in my night clothes. Mum was always very particular about her appearance until a couple of years ago. If she wasn't so confused she would be upset.

She was up and about at 4.30 this morning. I am the worse for wear as did not get back to sleep after I had settled her down. Off to watch the last episode of Last Tango in Halifax then sleep.

Sleep well Owl & I hope everyone here can find some joy amidst all the sadness xx

We will be at WagTails House in a few days. I've put an invitation on our page for anyone who would like us to draw a beach heart in the sand in memory of lost friends. It is something I always do for our own dogs, and now my Dad too. The offer is extended to anyone here.

Edited by Whizzie
  • Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Hope everyone has a good Christmas :santa:

Garfy cat has stopped eating altogether. I have some sausages in the oven as he usually likes those. If I can't get him to eat then I'll have to make that call :mecry: Sorry to put a downer on Christmas but between that and missing Max and not having had much sleep I'm feeling pretty :mecry: