UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

im awake. its all going round in my head

im sorry about garfy. its never the right time. freddie died on new years day.

we are here for you xxxxxx

Please put a heart in the sand for trudy. I miss her so much.

I am looking for another dog. It takes my mind off things for a while, and dont know how long it will take to find 'the right one' if you hear of a tiny near me, please let me know x

Big hugss Alex hope Garfy decides he'd like a few sausages for breakfast xxxx

Merry Christmas everyone - I am once again the only one up in the family I've never been able to out grow waking up ridiculously early on Christmas morning, even the dogs are still asleep lol

sorry to hear Garfy is not eating Alex , I know its really hard facing end of life decisions

I don't know if what I am going to say will help but since living in a country where euthanasia is not taught at the veterinary university and a lot of people ( vets and owners ) will not take that step and instead watch animals suffer I can truly truly say it is the greatest gift we can give our animals when nothing more can be done

I hope today is not the day you have to let him go but if it is then know that you are as you always do putting your animals needs first and forefront

Sam x

mark and I did not do gifts for each other this year ( trust me if you saw the shops here you would understand ) and we only brought gifts for a few local children and donated to Doctors without borders instead

one of the children we visited today lives in the most dreadful poverty , her mum is a single parent and not because she is widowed which is very unusual here. In the summer when we were treating their dogs for fleas the little girl Dumindu took me inside the house to see her belongings which amounted to a bed with no mattress that she shares with Mum and some broken toys. The nearest thing she had to a real toy with a plastic moulded doll that looked like a jelly bean and not really anyones idea of fun.

Today Mark and I visited with a bag of presses for her including some pencils , colouring books and a new and very cuddly dolly

The smile on her face will remain with me for a bloody long time

05665f09-744c-4f75-b12e-ab5cde982cda_zps

• Like 2

Well done Sam and Mark :GroupHug: Really that's what Christmas is all about. What a pretty little girl she is. Any time you need pencils to distribute to the children let us know!

Thank you , its lovely how much the children here enjoy colouring in

What a truly lovely thought and much more what Christmas should be about.

it really is , Mark and I were in tears with her ., single best gift I have ever given EVER

Whizzie, would you please draw a heart in the sand for diesel? she loved the beach sooooo much

Alex, i am thinking of you and Garfy, i hope he decides to eat

Sam, what a lovely thing to do

Owl, i hope your mum has a settled day today

Merry christmas to everyone today

xx to Alex and Garfy.

My sister is here otherwise I would be a zombie owl. Mum was not only up at 4 am again but stuck halfway down the stairs because she has now forgotten how to use the stairlift. Sister has brought a 4ft 6 dog gate so at least we can keep her in her bedroom at night now. Managed a walk this afternoon with Wispa, and tomorrow we have a tracking job before sister goes home.

Then we are increasing mum's care and getting agency to send a sitter between noon and 6 pm.

Hearts will be drawn for Trudy & Diesel. I will be honoured to do so.

How lovely Sam re the little girl & the presents :) Patrick & I haven't exchanged any significant presents and I have donated to the hospice which looked after my Dad. A change for me as I mostly support animal charities.

Hope Garfy has got through the day comfortably.

Owl - it is exhausting looking after someone who is ill and confused. Believe me I know! You need help to keep yourself sane. Please don't think like my Mum that getting external help is a sign of failure. Mum took some convincing but realised later we'd done the right thing when Dad needed 24/7 help at the hospice.

• Like 1