UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

morning all

loads to do

got things on the selling sites on facebook,hope they go. though they are cheap,will save taking them or giving them away

got to ring all the utilities and get things changed over for next saturday ...... thats not long is it?

OMGOMGOMGOMG

breathe ......

• Like 1

Its going to be a lovely day here but unfortunately for the dogs they are going to be stuck indoors for most of it as the gardeners texted last night to say they were coming today to do the big garden tidy up. They'll be here all day sorting things out, pruning, digging weeding etc. so the dogs will have to stay inside and only go out for wees on lead one at a time until its done.

Yay the builders have officially finished :biggrin: We just need the electrician to come back and put the fronts on the sockets, the plumber to hook the gas fire up and service it and the joiner to come and put the skirting boards on, put some new shelving up and replace the doors to the sitting and dining rooms. If they could all do this next week it would see the job finished and we can start the decorating in earnest. I won't hold my breath though :rolleyes:

Snow I have had to restrict Archie's garden time with all the work going on here and he's taken badly with it so I hope Sal and Noah are chilled about being in today. No little whinnies of disgust, long hard stares, yips or standing looking pointedly at the door that have been the order of the day here for the last few weeks.

• Like 1

Thank you Jacobean, here's hoping.

I have been ringing round ECU repair people and it seems that the particular one on my car was only put on cars of that year. So far no one is able to do it, and there are no spares for it anywhere in the country. 3 of us have been trying and all drawn a blank. Looks like further into debt and yet another car *sob*

Been to Morrisons and spotted a black car with a dog in it and the window wound down all of 2 inches :mad: Told bloke in Morrisons who put a message out on the tannoy - said if they didn't respond then he would call the RSPCA. I stayed until the elderly couple came back to the car. I might have given them a gobful :mad:

• Like 2

OH My GOD - when I asked for the bushes and trees to be "sorted" I just assumed that meant a bit of a prune and reshape - just lifted my head from the pc (been working from home this morning) to find several of my over 7' tall bushes are now barely 3' tall!!! EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK the big 15' laurel is coming down to a mere 6' EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK and all the ivy has been stripped from 2 fence panels :ohmy: my honeysuckle has disappeared completely. Robs very pleased and thinks everything looks far more manageable now - well at least we can actually see the fence panels and can get behind the bushes to maintain them but its also revealing the fact that an awful lot of them may have to be replaced :( he's not going to touch the big Elder tree as thats chock full of wildlife at the moment but it does need sorting as the ivy has grown up into it and is strangling bits of it this is the same ivy that had completely overgrown our fence and which originates next door rather than from us, and its a different ivy from a different neighbour thats killed off the honeysuckle. The gardener is not being very complimentary about mums old gardeners which we sacked as he said thats why we have to have such a harsh cut back as they haven't properly done it so the bushes were leafy on the tops but inside was all woody and unhealthy. They will all come again much healthier now but by heck its a bit of a shock to see an awful lot of all my greenery disappear!

We have big gaps in the borders now where there were apparently bushes and shrubs but which the over grown ones had cut off light from and taken all the goodness from the soil so they'd died. We've even uncovered 2 large stone planters which we didn't know were there! He's actually quite cross with the old gardeners as apparently they never cut behind our trees/bushes so our stuff has been over growing into nextdoor in a big way (which we hadn't been aware of) in a way its fortunate that that particular neighbour hasn't set foot in his garden or done anything to it for about 6 years so wouldn't have realised.

Thing is the way the garden is shaped and its size mean that we have 4 boundaries split between 5 different neighbors and 2 different neighbours trees have broken 2 of our fence panels which we couldn't see until now and a 3rd one is the guy with the abandoned garden which has a caravan buried under the grass and bushes and which in parts has loads of ivy and bramble growing through into our side, he just can't understand how come none of this was ever sorted out before especially as mum had been paying for them to do it.

I am here Yantan..... just got one on me , didn't mean to worry you! glad your builders are done and congrats on your job

Owl, have you let the people who sold you the car of the troubles you are having? if they are decent they should either take the car back or at least give you back what you have spent on it

Snow, how dreadful of your old gardeners.... i despise people who do a shoddy job and take peoples cash, i am sure your garden will soon bounce back

Jazz, congrats on the move and hope you get sorted out in time

Merledogs, don't blame you for giving them a gobful... my dad has smashed a window before now, said it was worth the risk of being done for it as he couldn't live with the thought of a dog dying and him doing nothing. i don't get what it will take for things to sink in with people, there are car stickers, press adverts and tv adverts each year but still people shove the dogs in the car and leave them

We have a half dozen cases or more here a year of tourists leaving their dogs to over-heat in cars and in need of police intervention. It's crazy particularly as the town is so dog friendly and has won awards for being so. We have pavement cafes so you can have your dog with you whilst getting a meal, most shops welcome dogs inside, many put out bowls of water and above all we are WALKING country. Why then shut your dog in a hot car to suffer? What the hell are people doing that they feel the need to leave their dogs behind?

Griff I'm glad to see you post :flowers:

• Like 1

Phebe - what year is the car? It sounds incredibly like the problem Brenda had with her Tacuma (sure you know Brenda - Priory Vets??)..... so I could ask her if her mechanic would pass on any details of a secret stash (mind you it did take 7 months for him to sort it for her).

Snow - my garden was lovely when I moved in but then it sort of grew and grew so this year I got someone to trim the bushes..... like you I got a massive shock when I looked, but now (a couple of months later) they are filling out nicely rather than being tall and straggly.

Merledogs - well done. Thinks - if the window is down slightly and you happen to lean on it and it happens to push down further would it be fiddly for the owners to repair??? Oh dear if so (although of course the dog may protect its car etc!!)