UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Have just booked for me and a friend to go speed dating next Thursday - should be fun :biggrin:

When I had my leaving do for my job in Melbourne we accidentally ended up in a bar at a speed dating event ( yes really ) and it looked great fun

Moaning :tired: Thank feck it's Friday.

did you sleep better last night ?

i am off to Cruft's today to meet with some friends , Dogstar supporters and hassle companies who don't yet know they really want to give me free supplies for Dogstar :ph34r:

Have fun at Crufts Sam. I went yesterday with a bus of our agility club members. We were supporting one of our Junior members who qualified for the final in the arena and came third. Well done to Millie and Dexter!!!

Today I will mostly be watching the live streaming.... :nerd:

Today I will mostly be watching the live streaming.... :nerd:

Me too (thankfully I have a desk hidden away in the corner of the office and noone can see my screen).

Glad to hear owls mum and auntie are doing better.

Had hospital consultation about my wisdom teeth today - they won't take them out :( Apparently they'll only do it if they're decayed, infected or swollen, and mine are none of those. The fact I get weeks of headaches because of them is irrelevant. So its back to the GP I go to see if there is anything else we can try.

Apart from being fed up with wisdom teeth, I am :pinkie: :pinkie: because my big sister has booked flights to come over from Canada for 2 weeks at Easter :biggrin: She was meant to come at Christmas, but she was seriously ill and in hospital all of December and most of January. She's been waiting for the ok from her doctors to fly, and they've given it. So she'll be here for 2 weeks, then starting back at work when she goes home.

• Like 2

well that is my good deed for the day!!

Had a beach walk with a friend and our dogs, then as the cafe there was closed we went to St Dogmaels for a coffee on the way home. As we pulled up there were a couple of ladies looking at the mill stream where there are ducks and chickens and saying "oh good you have wellies on" because a chicken was on a mudflat in the middle of it. The water level was a lot lower than normal so we went in to order our coffees then when we came out to drink them on the terrace I walked back over and saw the water level was rising. Sooooo - off down the cobbled bank to the stream, naturally managed to slide over and land on my arm and bum, waded out and found she was in a part with deep mud so had to navigate round it. Ended up throwing sticks and stones behind her to try to drive her away from the deeper water (and mud) until I was able to get through the mud enough without sinking to grab her. She was NOT impressed and was flapping around all over the place and I could not use both hands to hold her as I was sinking in the mud and had to use my other arm for balance. Managed to throw her up onto the bank where some of the other chickens were, went and had my drink. When we came out we looked and the water is almost back to normal depth so the mudflat she was on was well underwater, so I am glad I went to get her as pretty sure chickens cannot swim (and she would have ended up being washed downstream into the sea!)

• Like 3

Well done Buddyboy :)

Was naughty and had a chippy for lunch. It was not nice at all, and to make matters worse, it has given me a poorly tummy and I feel rotten so I can't even go to the gym and work off the calories :angry: Will stick to my usual salad box for lunch I think in the future :rolleyes:

well that is my good deed for the day!!

Had a beach walk with a friend and our dogs, then as the cafe there was closed we went to St Dogmaels for a coffee on the way home. As we pulled up there were a couple of ladies looking at the mill stream where there are ducks and chickens and saying "oh good you have wellies on" because a chicken was on a mudflat in the middle of it. The water level was a lot lower than normal so we went in to order our coffees then when we came out to drink them on the terrace I walked back over and saw the water level was rising. Sooooo - off down the cobbled bank to the stream, naturally managed to slide over and land on my arm and bum, waded out and found she was in a part with deep mud so had to navigate round it. Ended up throwing sticks and stones behind her to try to drive her away from the deeper water (and mud) until I was able to get through the mud enough without sinking to grab her. She was NOT impressed and was flapping around all over the place and I could not use both hands to hold her as I was sinking in the mud and had to use my other arm for balance. Managed to throw her up onto the bank where some of the other chickens were, went and had my drink. When we came out we looked and the water is almost back to normal depth so the mudflat she was on was well underwater, so I am glad I went to get her as pretty sure chickens cannot swim (and she would have ended up being washed downstream into the sea!)

Well done! I bet chicken's can't swim either and they'd get water logged pretty quickly.

oh well done Buddyboy!!! lucky chicken.

RMQ does anyone know how big a 16 week staffy would be (is it jack russell sized?)

No idea, but intriguing question!

love to all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And to you - any progress with your MP? I keep hearing that there aren't enough 1 bedroom homes for people to downsize to, so something has to give somewhere in this odd new scheme.