UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Yodel have a terrible reputation Whizzie. It is not uncommon for a driver to claim he/she has made the delivery when they haven't. However Amazon are pretty good at putting things right so hopefully a lawnmower will turn up soon.

It's a cracking day here - lovely clear blue sky and the sun is shining although it is very cold.

MIL's appointment with the surgeon has been brought forward to today hopefully she'll know what her options are and likely timescales etc. once shes seen him. I have to say I have never known anyone with osteoarthritis deteriorate as fast as this bearing in mind she didn't have it at all 6 weeks ago. My mum had severe rheumatoid arthritis for 30 years and hers came on fast but thats the way with rheumatoid oesteo is supposedly progressively degenerative - its really worrying, mil has always been far far fitter and healthier than my mum was even though she was 10 years older than my mum, no one would ever have believed my mil was 80 shes always acted and behaved more like someone in her 60's but almost overnight she has gotten "old" more worryingly she also seems to have gotten old in her attitude as well really hoping for some good news today the sooner she can get mobile again the sooner I think her emotional state will perk up, the longer she is like this the more concerned we are about her getting back to her normal self.

I've heard a few things about Yodel.

They have e-mailed Amazon now saying that the driver's geocode placed him in the wrong road. Driver will attempt to retrieve & redeliver parcel. I am not unduly worried as Amazon have been very helpful and said if it is not sorted by the end of Wednesday they will send another lawnmower out. Amazon's business is somewhat reliant on a good name for successful deliveries. If the worst comes to the worst, I paid on my credit card so can get payment clawed back. It's just a bit of a pain & I will be glad when it is resolved.

Good luck with the assessment Jazz

Glad Amazon are being helpful to sort out the lawnmower issues :flowers:

Hope your MIL's hospital visit goes ok today Snow :flowers: What meds is she taking at the moment? Just because I recently started Blue on glucosamine +msm, and the difference in his movement is amazing. He is a different horse to ride. It is sold for humans as well and is supposed to help with arthritis. Could be worth trying that to help ease her symptoms whilst she waits for her ops?

Good luck with your assessment Jazz :flowers:

GP has phoned, told me that 4 days is still early days and I should be better by Friday :angry: Told me to stay near the loo and drink plenty of fluids. Just about to brave some boiled rice as an alternative to toast :unsure:

Have managed to do some washing and ironing this morning and sing (badly) to the radio, so I must be feeling better :)

Hope that you are feeling better soon Gooster. I really think that ironing shouldn't be high on your list of priorities just now!

If anyone would like a little bid on some nice auction items then hop over to Dog Rescue World (another offshoot of Dog Pages like the Refuge was years ago!) and look at the auction being run to benefit Dogstar Foundation http://forum.dogrescueworld.org.uk/forum/3042780/.

The auction doesn't start for a couple of weeks so more lots will be added in that time (hopefully)

• Like 1

I had to do something Karen - I am usually on the go from 8am till 9.30pm, so to be forced into lying in bed with nothing to do, I have gone a bit stir crazy :laugh: I also got worried about getting DVT as I have gone from being really busy and active, to not moving at all for 72 hours!!

I ordered some stuff from Kringle over 2 weeks ago which has not arrived. Jeez its like pulling teeth trying to get either a replacement order or refund. Thankfully I paid by paypal so if they dont do anything by friday then I am lodging a claim.

Not fun Jayne. It took me a good week to recover from food poisoning from scampi once, although actually being sick stopped after about 48hrs. I tried coca cola which I rarely touch otherwise & it worked a treat. It may not have any medicinal evidence to support the claim but I feel sure it killed any residual bugs within hours & it gave me some energy back too.

Please post an auction reminder again later Karen - I tend to forget as I have lots of stuff going on at the moment.

Please post an auction reminder again later Karen - I tend to forget as I have lots of stuff going on at the moment.

Will do! I'll make a note for later in the week.

I have just had my second acupuncture session. I used to take Lily for acupuncture so it's interesting to be on the receiving end. Hopefully they won't next suggest me retrieving tennis balls from a hydrotherapy pool!

Edited by Karen