UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

once the medical forms are sorted out, I can then bid for a 2 bedroomed, as I often have someone here with me to look after me.

havent heard from the MP yet, but looks like its a grey area, so have to see about the box room

well that is my good deed for the day!!

Had a beach walk with a friend and our dogs, then as the cafe there was closed we went to St Dogmaels for a coffee on the way home. As we pulled up there were a couple of ladies looking at the mill stream where there are ducks and chickens and saying "oh good you have wellies on" because a chicken was on a mudflat in the middle of it. The water level was a lot lower than normal so we went in to order our coffees then when we came out to drink them on the terrace I walked back over and saw the water level was rising. Sooooo - off down the cobbled bank to the stream, naturally managed to slide over and land on my arm and bum, waded out and found she was in a part with deep mud so had to navigate round it. Ended up throwing sticks and stones behind her to try to drive her away from the deeper water (and mud) until I was able to get through the mud enough without sinking to grab her. She was NOT impressed and was flapping around all over the place and I could not use both hands to hold her as I was sinking in the mud and had to use my other arm for balance. Managed to throw her up onto the bank where some of the other chickens were, went and had my drink. When we came out we looked and the water is almost back to normal depth so the mudflat she was on was well underwater, so I am glad I went to get her as pretty sure chickens cannot swim (and she would have ended up being washed downstream into the sea!)

well done indeed

RMQ does anyone know how big a 16 week staffy would be (is it jack russell sized?)

sorry no idea

Was naughty and had a chippy for lunch. It was not nice at all, and to make matters worse, it has given me a poorly tummy and I feel rotten so I can't even go to the gym and work off the calories :angry: Will stick to my usual salad box for lunch I think in the future :rolleyes:

I am the same now , if I eat crap I feel shite even if its crap I used to like eating :confused:

I have signed up for my next OU course, yay! Not sure why I do it to myself :-)

what are you studying next and whats your overall degree ? , I did sign up for an OU course a few years back before I got the job in Australia and had to cancel it when I got the job. I would love to have had the time / brain power to study for a degree as I am somewhat uneducated ! and only have a hand full of gcses !

Have done speed dating twice before, was a good laugh, but didn't meet anyone I would want to see again :)

Third time lucky maybe

Have fun at Crufts Sam. I went yesterday with a bus of our agility club members. We were supporting one of our Junior members who qualified for the final in the arena and came third. Well done to Millie and Dexter!!!

what a fantastic achievement , I watched the YKC heel work to music today and the kids were amazing with the dogs

Had hospital consultation about my wisdom teeth today - they won't take them out :( Apparently they'll only do it if they're decayed, infected or swollen, and mine are none of those. The fact I get weeks of headaches because of them is irrelevant. So its back to the GP I go to see if there is anything else we can try.

Had hospital consultation about my wisdom teeth today - they won't take them out :( Apparently they'll only do it if they're decayed, infected or swollen, and mine are none of those. The fact I get weeks of headaches because of them is irrelevant. So its back to the GP I go to see if there is anything else we can try.

do you have a branch of http://dentist-direct.co.uk near you ? this is where I had mine done and they might be worth chatting to

Our DW was at Crufts yesterday. She'd never been before so didn't know what to expect. She rang me to say she was enjoying the shopping :laughingsmiley:

there certainly is something for everything in the shopping line , today I brought 12 tubes of panacur wormer and some vet bed for Dogstar

My fellow trackers Jenny and beagle Tiga have just been on Crufts live streaming, I am told.

how exciting

hope your ok xx

im waiting on my new phone being delivered

dum dee dummmmm

how exciting , what phone are you getting ?

Thanks, they are sending me home from work :) Uncontrollable shaking now. Drinking lots of water. I shouldn't have come into work in the first place, but I have a student to supervise, and didn't want to let then down :rolleyes:

are you being sick or as we say in Sri Lanka "with loose motions" drink lots of water and if you can get some rehydration sachets , hope you feel better soon

I feel for you Jayne :GroupHug: I had something similar yesterday and almost didn't make it into work. My boss told me to go home but I had to play the martyr :rolleyes: but eventually I gave in at just after 3.30 and left. As it was just me and the boss in, he took me for a pub lunch, which was nice.

RMF: Today I managed to go on the Millais (top Rhodo growers) website without buying any Rhododendrons :) I did, however, manage to buy two Azaleas :laugh:

Edited by merledogs

Thanks Sam, it started off 'loose' at work yesterday. Continued when I got home last night. Also feeling really sick, but not being sick. Again at 4 am and then when I got home from work. The sickness was in waves, sometimes I would be feeling fine, then like death. Now the toilet has stopped for now, but getting the shakes and have a headache. Have got my way through 2 bottles of water this morning at work and have another one by my bed. I hate being ill :angry: I keep going dizzy as well, but am assuming that is due to low blood sugars.

Hope you are feeling better today Alex :flowers: