UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Its not good news about mil the surgeon says the osteoarthritis isn't bad enough for it to be causing this kind of problem so fast and is not at a stage which needs any surgery, he's sending her for an urgent MRI scan which is going to be tomorrow as he thinks it might be avascular necrosis. Apparently he's not available again until mid April so we're not sure if that means mum won't know the results until then or what :mad: all very unsatisfactory really.

Hope that you are feeling better soon Gooster. I really think that ironing shouldn't be high on your list of priorities just now!

If anyone would like a little bid on some nice auction items then hop over to Dog Rescue World (another offshoot of Dog Pages like the Refuge was years ago!) and look at the auction being run to benefit Dogstar Foundation http://forum.dogrescueworld.org.uk/forum/3042780/.

The auction doesn't start for a couple of weeks so more lots will be added in that time (hopefully)

I keep forgetting I joined there! I'm arranging for some pencils to be donated and will post the details up there once I know exactly what they will be.

Alex that's bad of Kringle's. I've only had two orders from them but they both came super quick. They were very, very good at sending stuff out promptly when they were in their previous candle business too. I won't be too quick to order from them again given that you have had all this bother. You can tell them that too!

Sorry Snow I hadn't seen your update before I posted. I'm sorry that the news isn't better.

• Like 1

sorry your news is not good Snow , what a worry for your MIL and you and your family. Hope the MRI is helpful and the results are prompt

My day has been mad even by squirrel standards , started off with a letter from the Sri Lankan High Commission in London which meant I had to call the Foreign and Commonwealth Office twice and now have to get Dogstar documents signed by a solicitor and legalised by the Foreign Office before handing them back to the ( very nice ) Sri Lankan High Commissioner in London . Then get a call from a film crew who need to interview me tomorrow re the award ceremony I am at next month , they are coming to my house which currently looks like a refuge camp due to the packing etc going on

Its not good news about mil the surgeon says the osteoarthritis isn't bad enough for it to be causing this kind of problem so fast and is not at a stage which needs any surgery, he's sending her for an urgent MRI scan which is going to be tomorrow as he thinks it might be avascular necrosis. Apparently he's not available again until mid April so we're not sure if that means mum won't know the results until then or what :mad: all very unsatisfactory really.

Sorry to hear that. Could you get MIL to ask for a copy of the results to be sent to her GP?

I keep forgetting I joined there! I'm arranging for some pencils to be donated and will post the details up there once I know exactly what they will be.

That's lovely, thank you!

sorry your news is not good Snow , what a worry for your MIL and you and your family. Hope the MRI is helpful and the results are prompt

My day has been mad even by squirrel standards , started off with a letter from the Sri Lankan High Commission in London which meant I had to call the Foreign and Commonwealth Office twice and now have to get Dogstar documents signed by a solicitor and legalised by the Foreign Office before handing them back to the ( very nice ) Sri Lankan High Commissioner in London . Then get a call from a film crew who need to interview me tomorrow re the award ceremony I am at next month , they are coming to my house which currently looks like a refuge camp due to the packing etc going on

Mad indeed - I don't even understand what the foreign office do!

Have you got a posh frock for the awards yet?

Oh dear what a worry Snow, but it is only a maybe as yet so let's hope it isn't anything so bad. I'm sure someone will be around before mid-April to advise you even if you have to push to get answers.

What a day Sam!

I have more mundane good news - THE LAWNMOWER HAS LANDED! It would appear that the courier recovered it from wrong address and redelivered to correct location. The delivery label had been carefully removed so we suspect the original household was less than honest and decided to do nothing more in the hope of gaining a free lawnmower! Max (a retired copper) feels like knocking the door just to say "we know who you are!".

Hope you get your delivery sorted too Alex. In fairness mine was resolved quite quickly (26hrs) once I raised the query.

• Like 1

Growl, over optimistic about cocoa the cat not licking his back without his hood on and 5minutes later we have blood :-( I am hoping it will heal fast.

Snow, sorry to hear about MIL's news.

Great news about the lawn mower, not so about the Kringle parcel.

Please warm up.

Jazz, did you see the new announcements today on the bedroom tax? Not sure if it will apply to you, but they did mention adapted properties xxx

Mad indeed - I don't even understand what the foreign office do!

Have you got a posh frock for the awards yet?

The British Foreign and Commonwealth office ( FCO )

The FCO promotes British interests overseas, supporting our citizens and businesses around the globe.

FCO is a ministerial department, supported by 12 agencies and public bodies.

Read more about what we do

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/foreign-commonwealth-office

I do have a posh frock , its a floor length midnight blue number that I drag out on the rare occasion I have to look like a lady ! photos will be provided to interested fugees :)

I have more mundane good news - THE LAWNMOWER HAS LANDED!

Hooray

Growl, over optimistic about cocoa the cat not licking his back without his hood on and 5minutes later we have blood :-( I am hoping it will heal fast.

Jazz, did you see the new announcements today on the bedroom tax? Not sure if it will apply to you, but they did mention adapted properties xxx

We have new style buster collars in SL that are inflatable donuts which might work for Cocoa ?

Jazz , I really hope the announcement re bedroom tax is a help to you

How could I forget your comments Sam...sounds manic. xxx

some days I can almost pull off a air of normality , today is not one of those days