UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Morning.

Good luck with the new car suzeanna. My OH bought a new (to him) car yesterday. I lost the argument as to what car he bought, but I managed to get him to agree that if he got the huge, gas guzzling, far too fast car that he wanted, I can get a puppy when I'm ready. So we're now the owners of an (old) Audi S8, and I'm allowed to keep an eye out for suitable puppies needing a home :)

Jazz we don't have a polo or up!, but I drive a VW passat, and my OH drives a VW golf (until it goes back to the leasing company on Friday). They're lovely cars to drive, and they go forever. My passat's done 115,000 and is still going strong, with no major work needed.

Kia and Logan were both shattered last night - agility shows really seem to tire them out, even though it adds up at most 5 minutes of running around. I got grumpy looks when I woke them up for a walk at 7 this morning.

• Like 1

My sofa and chairs are here. Well, my chairs are :rolleyes: When you walk into my house, you have to turn immediately right into the lounge. As Hugo sofa is so deep, they couldn't get him around the corner, so after a lot of heaving and pushing, they have left him on my stairs, so that we can try and get the window taken out at some point and get him in that way :rolleyes: Sod's law says that I really need a wee now that I can't get upstairs. Setting off to go to mum and dad's in a minute, so I can use their loo :) I can't believe how huge the chairs are though, they are much bigger than my previous ones :unsure:

temporary-21.jpg

I know, it's enormous! I am only little anyway, but it makes me feel like I'm a kid again!

Just had a fab walk with the dogs. It's glorious sunshine here, so today marks the first dog walk of 2013 without a coat!! Still had my gilet and a jumper on, but no coat :biggrin:

Monster chair Gooster! Very nice though? Can your feet reach the ground as you are only little?

Bit down in the dumps - my Dad is still coughing horribly despite the antibiotics & there is something I am very unhappy about at work :( I have been to the bank asking about arranging online access for my parents accounts so I can do payments, transfers etc for them rather than their old fashioned way of lots of cheques & visits to the bank (!). Bank actually suggested I get full third party access granted while my parents can still go in & talk about it because otherwise it is a legal process which is complex & costly. It may be an idea as Dad has always dealt with anything financial & Mum just doesn't want to know. I jokingly said they should give me all their money and I would pay Mum a monthly allowance and was shocked when she actually seemed to like that idea (not my plan at all!).

Whizzie, deffo go and get it sorted now.... my mum did it for my nan when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and it made things so much easier, my other nan hung about a bit before finally agreeing to let my aunty help out..... it made things difficult for my aunty as when my nan was staying at her sisters my aunty had to drive to my nans, pick up a cheque book, drive to her auntys, then drive back to my nans to drop the cheque off to the rent man.... so much easier when she was able to sign herself. sorry to hear you have a worry at work

Sophie..ooooooooo your OH finally caved in about the puppy... how fab, any idea what sort you want?

Gooster those chairs do look massive

Merledogs, hope the people arrive to fetch the sofa

Suzeanna... don't you get too carried away speeding round in your new car!

Owl, glad your family are doing better and hope both are home soon

my mum has been to the gp again today... she isn't right at all and thought she would be able to go to work... she went and then she was huffing and puffing like a mad thing so decided to see the dr who signed her off, he says if she isn't a ot better by wednesday then she had to go back and see him or he will come to her (the dogs will eat him Lol) Dex cat is being a real evil devil, he has tried every trick in the book to get me to let him out... three times i told my dad yesterday that the cat had to stay in, i got up and no dex... my dad had let him out! i was livid about that but more annoyed that he let him out without his collar on!! luckily it was only in the back garden.

:laugh: yes my feet do reach the floor :biggrin: I think it looks more of a monster because the arms are quite high - my old suite arms were much lower, so it looks huge! Can't wait to get the sofa installed :)

I would definitely get something sorted Whizzie (either that or get em to close the accounts and stash all their money under the mattress!).

Hope your mum is feeling better soon Griff and that Dex cat settles down soon :)

When I got to mum and dad's house this afternoon, Ted had had an upset stomach all over the kitchen and dining room :rolleyes: Why do they not squat in one place when they have an upset stomach? Why do they wander all over the place making a mess?! :laugh:

awwww poor Ted....errrrmmmmm i think it is to ensure you are actually fully aware that they are suffering and you should be kept busy for the next 3 hours not only pandering to their needs but also trying to remove dog poop from your carpets

Evening. Sending hugs and stuff to anybody who needs them :GroupHug: (sorry I know that's a bit lazy but I'm not really keeping up at the moment, just skimming).

The woman sent me a text to say that her shifts had changed and could she pick it up Wednesday now :rolleyes: If she doesn't come Wednesday then I'm going to relist it.

On the plus side my new Rhododendrons are arriving tomorrow :pinkie:

Edited by merledogs

WARNING FOR ANYONE IN THE WORTHING AREA!!!!!

One of our agility club members was walking her dog in Tarring Park, Worthing when a man tried to grab the dog by her collar!! Owner shouted and the man ran away luckily...please everyone be vigilant and warn any dog owners in the area. Only description she has is male, tall, dark hair wearing jeans and a black fleece.

Well the sofa is in my living room. Dad had to take the radiator off the wall and in the process snapped a pipe and water has gone everywhere. I am not at my house as I had to sort Blue out and have a gym class at 8pm, but got a frantic phone call asking me where my stopcock was :rolleyes: Dad had said if the radiator needed to come off, he wouldn't do it tonight, but Mr Impatient pants changed his mind and has now flooded my house. I am hoping they have put the feet on the sofa :unsure:

Thanks for the warning, Sandra, have forwarded to Doglost.

Hope you can get the flood sorted, gooster. At least all the furniture is safely in place. It looks enormous.

Mum is home, having undergone a personality change. No longer dozy and contented, but very lively and feisty with minimal short term memory, very clear that she is never going into residential care or even to the day centre, and very keen to have me there ALL the time. Glad I have a sister to fight my corner, I see trouble coming.

Whizzie, get the bank stuff sorted asap, it will save you hassle and solicitor's fees.