UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Oh No Owl, positive thoughts being sent for your Aunty, what an awful thing to happen.

Jacobean.... i hope the housing doesn't get planning would be lovely if they could find a protected species/plant on both yours and Merledogs site...hopefully that would slow things down a bit. it really is a shame that money takes priority over common sense and safety

Hope they don't get planning permission on either site michelle :flowers:

RMF : I took Kinky down to neighbours earlier for a visit. I asked the bloke if he wanted to have her for a few hours. He moaned about having to go out so I said fine, I'll take her home, but then he ended up keeping her for a while. He brought her to the front door a while later because she was asking to go out. I asked if he wanted to see her again tomorrow, but he said his wife was moaning because she was there. Not sure whether I believe him or not. Either way, I only took her down there so they could see her, I couldn't particularly give a toss if she never goes there again. If they want to chuck their toys out of the pram, no skin off my nose :rolleyes:

Stuff em Alex, you are a far nicer person than me as after they had left her with such a bad infection i would have told them go within 2 feet of her and i wouldn't be responsible for my actions, let them get their own cat and have all the vet costs that go along with it! How is Kinky doing now?

the snow has melted yay!!!!! Laney hasn't whinged since this morning and the bandage has stayed on!!! top marks for whoever did it as normally they are off within hours.

oh no!!!! i can fully understand why you are upset, could you go to a walk in clinic over the weekend to get the treatment for it and stop it spreading too much onto your face? i thnk you can be prescribed tablets for it.... or i think daktarin cream is supposed to help. when i had a skin infection before i tried the natural stuff like tea tree but it stung like hell and didn't make any difference for me i had to get the tablets off the dr

Phebe - good thoughts for you Aunt. How sad to be doing well then have a nasty accident like that.

HLGS - what are you using for the ringworm? OH uses Mycil cream which works for him, but I know the previous treatment didn't help at all. Could you find a pharmacist open tomorrow and ask for help?

I am having a minor "why do I bother" moment. I did a homecheck for a rabbit today and the woman's behaviour and attitude were awful. The rescue have turned her down but she's already called me this evening to complain and I'll have to speak to her tomorrow too. I'm currently feeling that I'd rather have a quiet life than be a volunteer for a rescue, but I'm sure that will pass.

Karen, i am sure the majority of your home checks go well and result in a good home for the pet in question, don't let this one get you down too much..... humans can be bizarre creatures i am sure you must meet some "interesting" people

Sanrosscot, loved the clip of you and Molly... she really likes agility doesn't she? and is quick too!!

Thanks for your good thoughts. Spoken to auntie on her friend's mobile, she sounded quite cheerful and says the pain is under control with morphine. Which is probably why she was so happy, bet she was high as a kite! It's a hip fracture and surgery is being done tomorrow. Surgeon says she can go home after a week. That sounds a short time for someone with so many other health issues.

I was using daktarin cream but am now using Canesten ( went to chemist today ) I know Ringworm takes weeks to clear so its hard to gauge if its working,

the poor dog Tim , I caught it off is in a far worse state than me

http://www.justgiving.com/Mark-Green10

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Sam, is there anything I can do to help that isn't money? I would love to help but don't have anything to spare

Lxx

We would love more help thank you so much :cheer: , I do get a bit frustrated sometimes that there are not more hours in the day ! Dogstar is still run by just 3 people so we need lots of help

Publicity ,

tell friends and co workers ( well ones that like animals )

Like share our page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DogstarFoundation

like and share facebook posts ( this helps a lot especially since FB started charging pages to promote posts )

follow us on twitter @dogstartweets and RT our posts

if on twitter donate a daily tweet http://justcoz.org/DogstarTweetshttp://justcoz.org/DogstarTweets

Fundraising

sometimes people get a bit worried they need to raise loads but I think the ethos of Dogstar has always been no donation or money raised is ever too small

This year we have a huge appeal ( 18 K ) to fund our sterilisation program and we need lots of people to commit to raise small sums ( £50-100 ) over the course of the year and set up a justgiving page and link it out main appeal

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/Sirius2013

people might raise money by a car boot sale , bake sale at work , coffee morning , asking friends to donate in lieu of a birthday etc over the year

lastly with Mark and I in Sri Lanka for most of the year we will find it impossible to have stalls at summer fetes and dogshows so if anyone wanted to do that on behalf of Dogstar we could send banners , leaflets and some Sri Lanka items to sell ( Friendship bracelets and our in production dog bandannas )

For shopping you already do

Support us via easyfundrasing
184446_10151333084129470_261530408_n_zps
if you buy supplies via Vet Uk and you use our link we get a donation http://www.dogstarfoundation.com/vet-uk/
recycle old CD/ DVDs via music magpie http://www.dogstarfoundation.com/magpie/

We also need people to help with contacting companies etc on our behalf & helping run online auctions

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Thanx Sam :) I will have a think what I can do, I have been thinking about contacting Woman's Hour regarding you and your amazing story - how would you feel about that? If not then not a problem, was just trying to think of ways to get publicity for Dogstar

Thanx Sam :) I will have a think what I can do, I have been thinking about contacting Woman's Hour regarding you and your amazing story - how would you feel about that? If not then not a problem, was just trying to think of ways to get publicity for Dogstar

I would be delighted with any publicity Loobie xxx , I am totally shite at doing it myself