UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Apologies if I seem to be stalking anyone - mouse has been sticking a bit so I click away and don't notice it has moved from the last post time to the poster, and I keep getting people's details.

Timed it right for second day running - just back with dogs and the heavens have opened.

A very surreal conversation on Sunday - my neighbour died on Thursday (only 42) and I was talking to her dad. I do not believe in God, he does but it ended up with me helping him rediscover his belief (I think??). Anyway he thanked me for what I had been saying and for reminding him that he should feel happier that she is in a better place and no longer suffering. I will have to shut the dogs in the middle of the house tomorrow so they do not race outside to bark when the hearse turns up - will let them out when it has gone (I am going to the cemetery but not the church service - mainly due to this stupid cough and do not want to interrupt the service)

• Like 1

Jayne, do you know for sure he's 'taken'? Nice getting compliments from an attractive man all the same. Wait till he sees you all fit and tanned and relaxed from your holiday. How many days now?

I'm not surprised you can't find your motivation Murtle - it's probably hiding from you in case you make it run in icy rain again, I know I would lol.

I'd be claiming an extra day's holiday Michelle for all that hassle. Don't answer any more calls or texts from them.

We had snow overnight and a lovely sunny day today. Snowing again now so it's snuggle in front of the fire for us I think.

I'm going to ignore the phone from now on.

Have just had a lovely walk with Bracken in the sunshine. Fab walking day. He's got a terrible case of the hiccups and is panicing a bit bless him. He's always suffered from them and thought the walk might help take his mind off it. This one is particularly bad.

Edited by Jacobean

8 days :biggrin: I have never been complimented by a guy before, let alone one as yummy as Mr Gorgeous, so it is helping with my self esteem. Steph's friend who works at the gym says he is taken. My thinking is though that if he sleeps with his dog under the covers with the dog's head on the pillow, he probably doesn't live with his OH :laugh:

Lovely that your self esteem is getting a boost. I think joining the gym has been really good for you, and not just for losing weight.

Weird thing happened earlier - as the grass was covered in snow I put a few empty coconut shells out with bird seed in them for the ground feeders. Went out a few hours later to see if they needed refilling and one had just totally disappeared. The dogs never take any interest in them so it wasn't them and they would chase any animal out of the garden so it could only have been a bird, but I can't imagine what kind of bird would fly off with half a coconut shell full of bird seed!

I see what you mean about the dog..hope a vet sees it and comments.

Don't want to discourage you re Mr G but our lucher sleeps with his head on the pillow and our cav under the covers with her head on OH's waist! You should have casually asked if his partner was ok with a dog in the bed.

• Like 1

I do think Mr G is taken, he is way too nice to not be in a serious relationship. He can just be my guilty pleasure - as most women drool over the likes of George Clooney etc, I have Mr G. I suppose at least I get to talk and interact with my guilty pleasure :biggrin:

Thank you gooster and buddyboy. We are ok at visiting houses, in fact we do a lot of it when helping people find their dogs. It's big gatherings where she isn't sure what is going on which would be stressful for Wispa. She has been known to follow a fresh trail clean through a crowded street market and ignore everyone, but to go and meet with heaps of people with dogs indoors - probably not a good idea.

No comment yet from neighbour about mini horses, but she has been quiet on the subject ever since she saw my friends who own this cottage chatting happily with the horses' mum while she was building the loose boxes. I suspect she thought we had sneaked them on here without the landowners knowledge.

Have spent day at home, another pound run tomorrow.