UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Have been oot and done some errands.

Michelle - the stuff I ordered off you has now been collected, so thank you. However, there should have been another parcel for me to collect according to the card and they've lost it :rolleyes:

Courier rang. Clever man has found out the contact details for the seller by Google mapping his address, then going onto Street View. There was a van outside his house with the number on so the courier rang him and arranged to collect the sofa at 2pm. He will be here at 3ish. Good thing I'm working from home today cos he didn't check with me first that I was available, but we'll forgive him for that. I now need to do some serious cleaning and somehow cram the mahoosive sofa up the other end of the living room so the new even mahoosiver sofa can go in. Best get the other one on eBay cos I will be climbing over flippin furniture to get out :rolleyes:

If you see me on here in the next hour and a half, kick me up the bum and tell me to get on with it.

Michelle, I share your annoyance. It's even more frustrating if the tradesman concerned talks to the nearest male who may have nothing to do with the work in hand, and totally insulting if this is done literally over your head as if you aren't there. Someone representing my landlord came to my previous place to discuss a problem and insisted on talking it through with my next door neighbour who just happened to be in my garden at the time. I chipped in and got as much acknowledgement as a garden gnome.

That was quick work Alex. Think the courier must be desperate for the job to go to so much trouble but well done him! Hope you manage to get rid of the old sofa quickly. Have a nice long soak in the bath to ease that achey back.

Been a lovely day here - even got some sun this afternoon and I got some jobs done in the garden I couldn't face when it was so damp and soggy. Chilly now it's got dark and we're all snuggled up in front of the woodburner. Would someone mind making me some dinner as I'm too comfy to move but I'm hungry.

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

well i am back from the hospital.... errrr yeah!!! confused dot com! didn't see my lovely ent guy so was fed up anyway (he does what he says he will do!), the fella was nice enough but i am very confused. he was telling me that when i go into remission my hearing will improve... i have been in remission once and had no hearing improvement...in fact my hearing is deteriorating, he went on to tell me that perhaps my grommet is blocked and it will want replacing but i have to wait while it comes out or i could get a perforated ear drum... he then assured me that my hearing would improve even though i have been told my nerve is damaged beyond repair due to the consultant leaving me with a severe infection draining... he then offered me a hearing aid!!!! i laughed my head off and told him no way! my mum has called the consultants secretary and left a message...she has also checked that my nice ent bloke is still working there so hopefully they will send me to see him on my request next time... the best bit....he couldn't give me a hearing test today as he had nobody to perform it! so all in all a complete waste of 3 hours!

glad you got your sofa sorted Merledogs...how bizzarre about the phonecalls though

Edited by griff

griff I don't know how you keep sane/smiling sometimes :flowers:

My new sofa has arrived. It is the size of a canal barge.

Here it is - it's slightly lower down than my other sofa and the seats are deeper, which I like. All 7 cushions are all reversible, ie fabric on one side, leather on the other. It's gonna take a bit of getting used to because it's so huge! To think the one I was going to buy was £1500 - this one was £150 plus £75 delivery (which included Shiply.com fees).

DSC_0007-1_zpsc8aa9cf0.jpg

RMF : It's flippin freezing here so I've got the fire on.

• Like 2

Wow wow wow....Alex that is some sofa. We'll know where you are if you go missing and will send the search party to the sofa!!

Griff you are amazing at dealing with them.

I am struggling with my course but just need to get on and read it and post comments so the tutor can guide me.

• Like 1

What course you doing Murtle? I expect you've already said but my brain's a bit mushy tonight lol

That is one gorgeous sofa Alex. Very jealous.

Sorry the hospital appointment was such a waste of time Griff. Hope you get to see the good consultant next time

• Like 1

WOW merledogs that sofa was a soooooooooooper bargain!!! it looks very comfy, i love the look on your cats face...looks like she is deciding if she is pleased or not Lol

Murtle, hope you manage to crack on with your course, i was dreadful when i was at school/ college for doing my paperwork at the last minute

my mum is going to ring the hospital for me again tomorrow and try and get it sorted out i have a tendency to discharge myself from treatment so she wants to ensure i don't do it again.... i do admit i find it quite difficult dealing with consultants / doctors so when i find one i like and get on with, i try my best to hang onto them... i have had the same gp for 30 years for the same reason.... i don't like the fact that i have to rely on somebody i don't like / trust to decide whats best for me.... also i don't like being told what to do!

LoL gooster i bet you did have a bit of a panic then!!!! not long now!!!

Hah, no one here but me to get dinner Murtle - OH goes back to UK a few days a week for work and is over there now. Had to put my own spud in the oven lol.

Course sounds interesting - I vaguely remember having the motivation to do a Masters while I was working full time lol. I have no idea how I managed to do everything I used to do. It's nice only doing what I want when I want nowadays

Oooh less than 2 weeks to go Jayne. I'd love to go to Egypt. Maybe one day when I can get someone daft enough to look after Kai

Edited by eve