UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

There are somethings about the interwebinet that are just brilliant, long before DP and long long before Refuge I started posting on another forum, and when it disappeared without warning due to the owner being ill I and a couple of other long term members set up a forum so the old gang could remain together, I co-admin that board alongside this one, its a no holds barred debate forum and we have all "known" each other now for well over 10 years. We are all spread all over the world, UK, USA, Australia etc. I posted for some tips on where to stay in NY and have just been invited to meet up with a couple of people and spend the day with them being taken to see the beaches at Long Island where Hurricane Sandy hit etc. How brill is that??

• Like 3

Aw that's brilliant Snow. I have met many internet friends mainly from this forum, now and they've all turned out to be as wonderful in real life as they are in this box

Griff sorry you've had a wasted day. Hope your trusted consultant is indeed still there

Friend from work came back from Egypt day before yesterday. She said it's warm in the day but can get chilly at night so take some warmer stuff to pop on. I don't think we're talking jumpers as it's not like our winter over there but she said she took all summer stuff and could have done with some other bits

Wowsers Alex got a bargain there. Thanks so much for the order. Hope it's all ok. Only the one parcel from me. Phone call is most strange. Wonder if it could have been one of your neighbours numbers and it's a bit mixed up.

Hasn't been icy here but has been a bit foggy last couple of days and mighty chilly. I've been mad busy working on 2 urgent transport runs. One doglet was moved today the other one is asap. I have a missing link at the mo from Gordano Services to Exeter Services on Saturday on the off chance anyone knows of someone who could help. It's for a GSD.

That's fab Snow :) When we went to NYC, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Chelsea - close enough to be near everything good, but far enough out to get a good night's sleep :flowers:

Thanks for the tip Michelle - went last year on my own, so know it goes a bit chilly at night, but as I was tucked up in bed with a film channel at 8pm, may not have got the full blast of how cold it gets. Did however learn not to try and swim in an unheated pool - vv cold :laugh:

Been to pub quiz tonight - our team won :biggrin:

Moaning :tired:

Alex I hope I've asked you to add me on facebook but was going by the dogs' names so may have got the wrong person.

Will pop on and have a look.

RMF : My new sofa is very squishy and comfy. I can't wait to christen it with our first nap tomorrow.

Suzeanna, we suffer something awful with international calls, we can't ignore them either as we have family in spain and ireland.... we get about 4 a day sometimes

Snow, how lovely you are going to meet up with your friends.

Merledogs i am sure you will enjoy your nap... the sofa does look very very comfy!

hospital have just called...my mum pretended to be me and she f*cked it up basically! i have no guarantee i will see the nice doctor bloke, he is apparently a middle grade so i can't request to see him so i am not gong back.... it is a waste of my time

Griff, unless your GP is very up on your meds and the possible changes in your condition etc. I think you'd be unwise to rule out any more hospital visits. I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be to sit waiting for an hour and a half to see a consultant who doesn't say the same as the others and makes you feel you've wasted your time, but if you have to start again from scratch being referred by your GP (which you will), valuable time could be lost that would cost you dear. Have a hug!

suzeanna, it is nothing to do with my wegeners treatment or medication for that, it is just my hearing loss, the hearing loss is not wegeners related at all which is what annoyed me about yesterday... he obviously hadn't read my notes and just tried to put everything down to the wegeners...which it isn't, i have nerve damage due to the untreated infection the consultant left me with, worst case scenario is recurrent ear infections which i have had before and the damage is already done so nothing to lose.

Jazz, i thought i was allowed to request which doctor i wanted but apparently you can only request which consultant you see? i called before and asked the surgery waiting list manager to put me on the good ent doctors theatre list and she said it was absolutely fine and no trouble at all, not sure who is right. i hope your body feels better soon...you haven't been doing too much have you??

i am going to attempt to mix up my henna today.... i am crap at art so lord knows what i will end up looking like!!!!!

Edited by griff

Oh fair enough Griff, I thought it was connected. If someone left you with a condition that's damaged your hearing, can't you sue? I know people seem to sue for a broken fingernail these days, but whoever it was shouldn't get away with it.

Good luck with the hair!

Jazz, hope your aches and pains soon clear up.

I love your new sofa Alex. It's about as big as our sitting room!

It's my aunt's 80th birthday on the 20th and I am at a total loss as what to get her to mark the occasion. She loves reading and has a Kindle, which she now prefers over a tree book, but it seems a bit lame to present her with an Amazon voucher. She has everything she needs so I think I'd be better going with something that has some sort of novelty to it. But what!? One of her daughters has bought her a bird box with a camera in it which also has night vision so my aunt can watch the lives of whichever birds take up residence any time she likes on her laptop. Genius! I cannot compete with that as my budget is only £25. Flowers also seem lame especially as she grows her own and always has some cut on display in the house. Has anyone any bright ideas?

A personalised kindle cover

I.e. http://www.asda-photo.co.uk/product-info/21-cases/8-kindle-case-not-hd lots of other places do them

Bird stuff; ie bird nesting material holder, then she can watch the bird take it and build the nest in the box. Bird feeders/ seed etc

If she is local can you do some home baked goodies?

Can she take shots if the birds with the equipment? If so photo frames for some night vision pictures.

Uhm, is there anything else she enjoys doing? Or a day trip voucher to somewhere she would like to go? Tickets to the cinema?

I love your new sofa Alex. It's about as big as our sitting room!

It's my aunt's 80th birthday on the 20th and I am at a total loss as what to get her to mark the occasion. She loves reading and has a Kindle, which she now prefers over a tree book, but it seems a bit lame to present her with an Amazon voucher. She has everything she needs so I think I'd be better going with something that has some sort of novelty to it. But what!? One of her daughters has bought her a bird box with a camera in it which also has night vision so my aunt can watch the lives of whichever birds take up residence any time she likes on her laptop. Genius! I cannot compete with that as my budget is only £25. Flowers also seem lame especially as she grows her own and always has some cut on display in the house. Has anyone any bright ideas?

what about this http://www.kew.org/support-kew/adopt-a-seed/

• Like 1