UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

if she is getting a camera bird box, she will need one of these http://www.gardenbird.co.uk/Bird-Guardian/Bird-Food/40-71-1601,default,pd.html

We had a full family of blue tits in our bird box last year and a magpie got all the babies, so we were left with nothing :( With regards to buying nesting material - we put some nesting material in our bird box, and the birds took out all the nesting material we put in (that came with the box), and replaced it with moss/twigs/hair etc.

Have fun with the henna Griff :flowers:

Had a hard morning at work this morning, all my patients were such hard work for one reason or another :rolleyes:

Thank you for the suggestions ladies - much appreciated!

Sam I think you nailed it! I'm seriously considering the adoption of a seed, I think that could go down very well with my aunt :)

I got one of these for Christmas with the rose named after my dogs

http://www.prezzybox.com/name-a-rose.aspx

You get a packet with seeds and growing instructions with it

Suzeanna, i probably could sue the consultant who left my infection untreated but it isn't something i have considered... i don't really like the idea of suing people

what splendid ideas for gifts you lot come up with! i will have to remember to ask you all when i need to get my mum a gift..... she is the most awkward devil going!

well the henna is proving to be a disaster....mixed up one lot and left it to react, manage to get it into the squeezy bottle using a cake icer Lol and it didn't flow right so have had to chuck it out and start again.. if it doesn't work this time i give up!! i am going to try and draw some simple flowers and perhaps some swirls if i feel brave!

did anyone watch that program on channel 5 last night...bizarre burials? there was a really funny old fella who designed his coffin to be an aeroplane and it was painted in blackpool fc colours and he had his mate write him a song...it was hilarious, there was a lady on there who got her husbands ashes tattooed into her.... i wasn't too sure when i first heard it mentioned but now it seems like a really lovely thing to do.

I ask for tesco vouchers then I can buy what I want.

I think its the body getting back to 'normal' pain wise. im so disabled when I go out its time consuming, so sorry I dont reply individually, its effected my brain and I dont remember what ive just read

Gosh you lot are great at coming up with gift ideas! Thank you all :) I like the Plantlife site Murtle so that's now also in the running.

My aunt is a very keen and accomplished gardener but as she is planning on selling her current house to downsize so I think by the time she has identified which plants and shrubs she wants to take with her any new - and much smaller - garden will be full so that's why I am counting out buying something that she has to plant.

I dread having to buy presents for people.... i am completely clueless... i am dead easy to buy for trainers, electrical gadgets, sportswear, chavvy jewellery and i am sorted.

i have the whole place to myself this weekend! just me the dogs and cat, my parents went shopping for me before they left and they bought 3 chickens for the dogs, i have just gone in the kitchen to put the shopping away and have searched high and low for these chickens... can't see them anywhere so i rang my mum up and she said they were in a carrier bag...so i am looking and looking and going i can't see them, she said to my dad how many bags did you carry in to the house and he said 2... she said OMG are you telling me that we have left 3 chickens in the boot of the car?? (this is the car they have just driven on holiday!) after a minute my dad said no he didn't think so as he would have seen them when he put the luggage in the car....1 phone call to the supermarket and it turns out they left them at the fast pay till Lol

• Like 1

Ha ha ha Griff I love your stories!!

I must be really hard to buy for as my best friend bought me a jumper similar to one I already have as I enjoy wearing it! I only enjoy wearing it as I don't have any others, it is a superdry hoody. Have had to change it today to one identical to my existing one in different colours as the style I was bought didn't fit properly!

Jazz, it's not surprising you are forgetful as the combination of pain and painkillers does have that effect. How are the new fosters?

I couldn't understand why I was so frazzled today, then realised I had forgotten to drink any tea! Not sure if dehydrated or suffering withdrawal. Trying to make up for it now!

Well it's not raining here so that's a result!

I have a strange heaviness to my arms and shoulders and even doing little things is causing them to ache (more than they do usually)

I'm waiting for the Tramadol to hit.

I went with the sponsored plant seed from Kew for my aunt's 80th birthday - thank you all for the excellent suggestions. This place is the best :)

Owl don't forget to drink plenty today. We don't want you getting ill.