UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Gooster, you can get stencils but you need adhesive ones and i am allergic to plasters steri strips etc so wouldn't dare risk it. did the day go quick as you were busy? i used to hate slow days at work

i am having my head done in with the flippin phone!!!!!!!!! as you all know my family is totally mucked up... i have little to do with most of them, some relatives who i don't talk to and have no reason to know anything about me have found out i am ill, the person who told them meant no harm but they are giving another family member grief trying to find out whats wrong... i have said if they want to know, call here and i will tell them to p*ss off but i know when i do that they will go whinging to my mums aunty who is ill and needs no grief but i don't want them knowing what is wrong with me... i guess i need to find a polite way of telling them it is none of their business and i am not their concern.

Poor Claz is having a nightmare,the injured lurcher she has been fostering went to her new home and jumped over the 5ft hedge this morning and has vanished:( Claz has joined the search but no luck yet.

Saw that on my facebook feed this morning , how dreadful

There have been some sightings around the village and above the nearby golf course, and as luck would have it my tracking colleague Jenny and her beagle Tiga are staying in the area as they have a CaniX race tomorrow in Leics. I think they will have to knock off soon or Tiga won't be fit for anything, but the little chap has done very well showing them which routes she has been taking. She is still around the same area.

what a fantastic bit of luck Jenny and Tiga were in the area and they have been such a great help , really hope tomorrow brings good news

Gooster, you can get stencils but you need adhesive ones and i am allergic to plasters steri strips etc so wouldn't dare risk it. did the day go quick as you were busy? i used to hate slow days at work

i am having my head done in with the flippin phone!!!!!!!!! as you all know my family is totally mucked up... i have little to do with most of them, some relatives who i don't talk to and have no reason to know anything about me have found out i am ill, the person who told them meant no harm but they are giving another family member grief trying to find out whats wrong... i have said if they want to know, call here and i will tell them to p*ss off but i know when i do that they will go whinging to my mums aunty who is ill and needs no grief but i don't want them knowing what is wrong with me... i guess i need to find a polite way of telling them it is none of their business and i am not their concern.

A friend use to say "that is for me to know and for you to wonder".

• Like 1

Griff, try being polite but firm. Thanks for your concern, but it is not something I wish to discuss. thanks and good bye. Don't elaborate just repeat. They will give up eventually.

I need to get up and get on with the day but as the heat can't be bothered to get up outside I am struggling a little bit too!

Greetings to all

Sorry not to contribute much this week - miserable week at work mostly. Plus kept a bit quiet as someone suggested I was being a pain going on about WagTails too much :( (not from here). I am not good at not worrying at this point. The website has had lots of hits but it didn't seem to progress further until last night when half-term was booked & another promising enquiry came in.

Dad has his review & x-rays re the mesothelioma later this month & that is never far from my mind. Walking the dogs in the dark with a torch before work always makes me a bit miserable too but blue sky & frosty morning today is a big improvement, hooray!

Hope Claz's dog is found. Wishing strength to all battling illness, cranky relatives & wish other problems.

Has anyone heard any more from Mrs B?

I hope the missing lurcher is caught today.

Tis very, very cold here today.

Sam I tried an osteopath once - never again! Same goes for remedial massage.

Archie was enjoying a lovely walk yesterday until Ruby and he climbed a stile to find 2 men just yards from the footpath in an open field shooting pheasants. Of course the gun shots terrified little Archie and he shook and was otherwise upset for the next 2 or 3 miles of the walk. We are sick of gun shot spoiling his walks, on a weekend especially you can hear it in town as they are shooting so close by. Is it legal for people to have and be shooting guns so close to the general public? Ruby said she was not at all comfortable herself being so close to men wielding guns.

Greetings to all

Sorry not to contribute much this week - miserable week at work mostly. Plus kept a bit quiet as someone suggested I was being a pain going on about WagTails too much :( (not from here). I am not good at not worrying at this point. The website has had lots of hits but it didn't seem to progress further until last night when half-term was booked & another promising enquiry came in.

Dad has his review & x-rays re the mesothelioma later this month & that is never far from my mind. Walking the dogs in the dark with a torch before work always makes me a bit miserable too but blue sky & frosty morning today is a big improvement, hooray!

Hope Claz's dog is found. Wishing strength to all battling illness, cranky relatives & wish other problems.

You go on about Wagtails as much as you want! Stuff whoever it was to say that to you - they are clearly jealous you have something exciting to talk about xx

• Like 2

Yesterday could have gone quicker at work, but it wasn't too bad :)

Sorry the stencil idea wouldn't work, and I agree with the others on how to tackle your family - polite, thanks for asking, but I would rather not talk about it :)

Whizzie, you can talk about Wagtails as much as you like as far as I am concerned. Glad you have got another booking :flowers: I know what you mean about worrying about talking about stuff - since mum had a go at me and dad last week, have really been biting my lip about the holiday when I am around her. Yesterday one of my patients told me about an excursion we are probably going to do that they did when they went. When I went round to mum and dad's last night, I wanted to tell dad about it, but felt I couldn't :rolleyes: Hope your next week at work goes ok :flowers:

I think so long as the people with guns are on private land, they can shoot :unsure: I do think they are a pain though. There is a shooting range type place right near the longdendale trail, which is popular with dog walkers, horse riders etc. Last time I rode there with Blue, the gunshots scared all the horses - not fun :angry: :GroupHug: to Archie.

My brother and his GF are walking over to tintwistle today - she is not really an outdoors type, and my brother likes to wander off the beaten track a bit :rolleyes: They have been up since 8, faffing around and running up and downstairs, flapping their waterproofs etc. Really wanted a nice lie in today as well :rolleyes:

Greetings to all

Sod them! If they don't want to hear they don't have to listen.

I have been having a quick nosey as there is an agility show in August in Pembrokeshire and might try to combine show with a holiday stay :cool03: Actually there's a thought, have you asked www.agilitynet.com if you could put wagtails on there> Loads of doggie people who are always looking for places that allow for more than 1 or 2 dogs.

Their loss Whizzie, means you will have to tell us more about it all :-). Good thoughts for your Dad.

Yantan an osteopath shouldn't hurt so bad you wouldn't want to go back :-( mine has been a life saver for my shoulders and neck. I am very very lucky.

Also, although this link is out of date it does suggest to look in another place for information on shooting

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-504869.html

The sun has come out to play...hip hip hip hooray!

Greetings to all

One of the things I learnt from Dogstar is you HAVE to publicise , I naively thought if I did a good job and just got on with the hands on stuff then all the publicity would just happen. It doesn't and I lost years literally sitting back waiting to be discovered ! but now I understand if I didn't promote Dogstar who will

You keep promoting Wagtails and I can help in any way I will

Sam I tried an osteopath once - never again! Same goes for remedial massage.

Yantan an osteopath shouldn't hurt so bad you wouldn't want to go back :-( mine has been a life saver for my shoulders and neck. I am very very lucky.

Yantan an osteopath should not hurt you , a few things may be very uncomfortable for 10 seconds but never hurt and you would never walk out in pain ( or at least no more than you came in with )

My osteopath saved my sanity , In 2009 I was in such constant chest / breast pain I ended up in hospital in Sri Lanka with a suspected heart attack and in the UK was referred to have my breast checked in case there was anything nasty lurking in there

The problem was actually in my back and he was able to get me pain free for longer periods of time each visit and then advised me to lose some weight to reduce my chest size ( I needed to lose weight ) get a really good bra and start exercising ( again with a great sports bra ) and I am now totally pain free which I never thought I could be

whizzie, i hope all goes well with your dad and as the others say... stuff whoever has said you "go on" too much about wagtails, if you are excited/worried of course you are going to mention it!

i haven't heard from Mrs B... hope she is o.k

hope claz's missing lurcher is back home in the warm by now

Yantan.. sorry to hear archie got a fright and i agree i think as long as they have the landowners permission they are quite within their rights to shoot... i found this pdf book and there is some info on shooting and rights of way but there are some horrid images in there so fully understand if you don't click on the link

http://www.animalaid.org.uk/images/pdf/booklets/opposeshooting.pdf

Gooster.... you will just have to tell us all about your holiday plans instead!! i had planned on going to egypt, morrocco & italy myself but alas life had other plans for me (the only way i could go would be if i could win the lottery and blag my doctor to come with me!) so i love to hear about other peoples adventures!

Thanks for the advice with regards my family...my mum and dad don't care what i say but i know they will go on at tess (my mums aunty), i will avoid the phonecalls until my mum gets home and then at least i will have a witness to what i say (they lie about who has said what)

the sun is out!!!!!!! but it is a bit chilly

Afternoon. Slept in til 11!

Whizzie it's your business and you can harp on about it as much as you like. You need to far and wide when it's new otherwise how are people supposed to know you exist. The cottage is in a cracking spot that is popular with holiday makers so you've chosen well. It will be ok I promise.

Sorry Ruby & Archies walk was spoilt. It is scary to come across people with guns like that.

Agree with what the others have said Griff.

• Like 1

Just to say thank you to everyone on here. You are all very kind-hearted & supportive people. Can I award this community a collective pat on the back please.

It is noticeable in the website stats & Facebook insights that if I publish something it at least gets people looking & you have to keep doing it because most things on the internet are so transient.

I have not looked at agilitynet Sandra so that is a new one to explore, thanks for the idea.