UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Anyone able to give me clothes advice? My stepson has just got engaged and they are having an engagement party on 1st Dec. It's in a very posh country house hotel but it's an afternoon do and I haven't a clue what to wear to something like that. My idea of dressing up these days is clean jeans and shoes instead of wellies lol.

Black trousers, a pretty top, possibly multi coloured and shoes and a bag in a colour which matches something in the top?

• Like 1

:GroupHug: for Murtles FIL

:GroupHug: kinky cat

I have been to A +E was immediately laid flat and immobolised, loads of x rays done, there was one very scary bit when they decided a section of my back needed re x raying as i heard the doctor saying 'dont like the look of that' but i've been given the all clear and its severe bruising.Having said that a few years ago my wrist was x rayed and given all clear to be told two days later 'oh it is fractured' :confused: However dr didnt seem to believe how the accident happened and kept questioning me. I think if i was going to lie i'd make up something a bit more exciting than a trampoline fell on me lol.

• Like 1

Eve, i agree with the others.... a nice trouser suit trousers and a top, as for this ironing malarky i have 10 yes 10 loads to do... i am such a s*d as i hate ironing so much i leave it and leave it and leave it and have been known to go and buy more clothes to avoid having to iron something Lol, i didn't pay the £245 but i got a different one for £146 including delivery

Owl, hope you find your runaway

Suzeanna you did make me chuckle with your tale of your siamese cat.

Yantan you obviously needed the sleep, i didn't manage to get up until 10.30 today and i still feel exhausted... need to keep a eye on that as that is how i began with the wegeners

oh collies, glad you have been given the all clear but if you aren't happy or don't feel right please do go back!! as for the not believing you... i tried to walk without my crutches and fell down the back step at my parents, told my dr who sent me for xray and upon reading the form it said query assault!!!

• Like 1

my kettle broke this morning. well ... its been making these spitting and fizzing noises for a few days, but I didnt know what was doing it, till I went in the kitchen and watched it having a disco all by its self, lights going on and off. ive ordered one from currys to come tomorrow, £10 cheaper than tescos.

I havent ironed for years. I fold it, press it together and put it in the drawer

trudys settled back in nicely. she has put on weight, so need a kilo or so off so she can walk properly lol im grateful to the lady having her though

the other 2 are happy where they are, and being walked every day which I cant do just yet

• Like 2

Missus Yantan, does Archie have any recipes for his biscwits that he might share with Molly and Glen? They are thinking about Christmas Pressies for their friends.

I have posted the cheese n'garlic recipe on here somewhere. I shall try and find it for you to save me writing it out again! Would you also like Archie's tuna and cheese biskwit recipe that he flung together for the first time a few weeks ago? Those biskwits went down a storm. They are a bit more expensive to make because hasn't tinned tuna gone up in price!! They are also a bit more messy to make.

Here you go Sandra

Cheese n'garlic biscuit recipe

It's American cups but I just use an ordinary tea cup and it all seems to come out right.

Makes about 60 biscuits (according to thickness) I double the recipe as Archie gives so many out to his friends!

3 cups wholemeal flour

1 egg

1/2 cup sunflower oil

1 cup milk

2 cups cheese (I use heaped cups!)

Teaspoon garlic powder (I don't put this much in tho - probably no more than a 1/4 tsp. I'm basing it on garlic being of the same family as onions which are no good for dogs. I left it out altogether once though and the bicks didn't go down so well with Archie - eye roll)

Mix all the ingredients together, a bit of each one at a time, until they all come together into a dough. If mix is too wet just add a little more flour. You should be able to handle the dough without any sticking to your hands.

Knead the dough for a minute or two.

Roll out - the original recipe says 1/4" thick but sometimes I do them thinner to make a crispier biscuit - and cut out with a bone shaped cutter or similar. If no cutter form dough into little bite sized balls and then press down with the back of a fork to make a cookie shape. Or do as my friend does and cut them into rectangles and squares

Bake at 180 degrees for around 25 to 35 minutes - I leave them in until there is no give in them when pressed.

Cool on a rack and then feed to dogs :)

The tuna recipe is based on this one.

Archie used a large tin of tuna in sunflower oil and mashed it up in his food processor complete with the oil it comes with. There's no need to add any extra. He then mixed it into the flour together with about a cup of cheese. It was a bit trial and error with the amount of flour going in. He had to keep adding small amounts until he got the dough to the same consistency of the cheese n'garlic mix - which should be non-sticky and easily handleable.

• Like 1

Yay! I'm cooking on gas today. I have just ordered part of my other SS plus something for a friend. I'm really making inroads into my Christmas shopping.

Archie is due at the vets at 3.20 as he's been itchy again this week. Grass mite season should be over but given the awful weather maybe it's not. I've not Frontlined him for a couple of months - bloody well hope it isn't fleas, though I have done the comb and wet kitchen roll test and not found any flea droppings (how yak does that sound!)

We are doing battle with fleas at the moment with ours. Not had fleas for years and years, but Charlie got them about 8 weeks ago, so we blitzed the house and the dogs, but obviously didn't do a full job, as they have them again now :rolleyes:

Slightly later than planned, here are pictures of my lovely new car :biggrin:

temporary-19.jpg

temporary-18.jpg

(null)

• Like 3

Nice wheels Jayne :)

Archie's had a jab to calm his skin and I've to Frontline him tonight, not that the vet any on him but there were a couple of suspicious marks which might have been caused by fleas biting.

I've just been looking at this site which has some interesting photos of kids (mainly) with their dogs taken when the dogs first joined the family and then contrasted with them years later

http://www.dogheirs.com/dogsarefamily/posts/1589-dogs-are-family-for-life-then-and-now-photos-of-lifelong-friendships

Evening :wavey:

We've been to the vets and my purse is now £97 lighter :rolleyes: She's had antibiotics for her gums - I asked for the injection cos with her mouth so sore I don't want to be trying to get tablets down her neck. She's got more anbitiotics to give her in a week's time for a week before she goes in for her dental. She also had the bloods done to test liver, kidney, etc function and the vet rang to say they are fine. She's got to have metacam as well as an anti inflammatory, but I've got some of that in otherwise it would have been even more. Just another £200 to go for the dental :rolleyes:

She spent this morning before I went to work curled up on my lap/shoulder dribbling and purring :wub: so she's remembered who her mummy is :wub:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1