UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

You didn't offend me Owl and I am a great one for upholding the ethos of Remembrance Day. I've found myself distracted at the time of previous two minute silences and so failed to observe them. It happens. And you are not feeling well so it is totally understandable.

• Like 2

It always makes me cry when I watch them all at the Cenotaph :(

Me too :cry:

I normally go to Market Bosworth (my nearest small town) to watch the wreath laying at the cenotaph there and take part in the act of remembrance. However, due to my arthritic legs, i can't stand up for that length of time any more. I'm watching it on the television and bawling like a baby :(

Yay for norty Chloe :cheer:

Another 'dont worry over the two minute silence',

Went to our rememberence parade as Jodie was one of the wreath layers today [i always go anyway] and a poor elderly gentlemen a war veteran fainted. He seemed better by the time they got him in the ambulance but he had fallen hard on the road. I was a bit worried at first as he was by Jodie and i thought it was her that had gone down! Trouble was the sun is out but its very cold and after a lot of standing around i think it was a bit much for him.

Chrissie and Lip didn't hang around to celebrate as Chrissie needed a minor repair on her car which a friend south of Chesterfield was going to do so they headed there on the way home. On the way they rescued some dog walkers from a pair of stray dogs which were causing panic, SBT and EBT I think, very aggressive with smaller dogs, and were holding on to them while I found out what to do. No DW service at weekend, but they can be collected from the council offices by arrangement if you take them there and moved on to pound. Chrissie with her usual skill has managed to borrow a couple of big crates from somewhere, and is headed to council offices.

Stay away from Team Bones, trouble magnets, bless them! Good thing they were there this time by the sound of things.

Good thing Chrissie managed to get hold of the crates otherwise I would have had to go and move them with my crates, and believe it or not I still have my nice new jimjams on, with jog pants and jumper thrown over the top.

Molly has had a busy day today. We were representing Valgrays Collie Rescue in the 'Rescue Dog Agility' demo at Discover Dogs, I was a little worried that Molly might get over excited at the show....no problem! She has loved her day wandering round the stalls getting treats, being hugged and photographed by random people, giving hugs and kisses back...then she got to a little bit of agility as well :cheer:

We came back with loads of sweeties and a huge pink Octopus. :cool03:

• Like 2