UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

I have been such a bloody idiot and hurt like hell. I needed to move trampoline so pushed it to stand on its edge against back fence then i could manouvere it along just the few foot it needed. I dropped the bag i was holding and without thinking i bent to pick it up. The trampoline slammed straight across my back and shoulder blades with the edge hitting me. Not a clever thing to do!! The bottom of left shoulder blade aint too happy. Cant believe i was so stupid, I'll head off to horses soonish and get them done early , they'll be fine with extra hay and then maybe A+E on way home.

OMG collies...... i hope you will be o.k, is it you that is in guernsey??? i have nejoyed watching a programme called island hospital... it is all about the hospitals and the staff on the channel islands.... you never know you may feature in the next series!!!!

i am pee'd off, i wanted a steam press as ironing is very hard for me, found a site and it had the one i wanted listed for £100 instead of £275.... infact there were several makes all listed at £100 so my mum called to ask and she was advised it was an error, she said well you really need to check your website as there are several errors and enquired what would have happened had i just ordered.... i was told the order just wouldn't have been processed... sorry but if you are running a business you should be a bit more careful... yes i would accept one make was an error but for 4 different brands all to be marked up cheaper i don't think so. got one off amazon in the end

Hope your hurtiness goes away soon collies :GroupHug:

Just had an argument with elderly neighbour. I know that sounds awful but they just will not listen when it comes to MY cat, who I never see and who they enticed away several years ago, when the previous cat of mine they did it to, died. I've lost count of the number of times I've asked them to stop feeding my cats and stop letting them in the house, but I gave up in the end as long as my Kinky cat was happy. As per yesterday's posts, she's got an awful gum infection (which I spotted straight away when I saw her as her face is swollen, but which they hadn't even noticed). I arranged for them to take her to the vet (which I said I would pay for, even though she hasn't lived here for years) and he couldn't even manage to do that. Apparently because the traffic was bad he turned round and came home. To say I am angry is an understatement. I've got her here now and she will be staying here until she's better. I now need to ring the vets and explain why they didn't turn up and no doubt I'll get charged for the missed appointment. Grrrrrrrrr.

that really p*sses me off Merledogs, someone was feeding my cat and he was getting fat and ill so on the advice from my vet i popped leaflets through all the doors with his picture his name and instructions not to feed him. if she were my cat i am sorry but she would be staying in , if he can't even get her to the vet when he has no cost involved he really doesn't deserve any contact with her...... how long would he have left her before you intervened??? or how long has she been like that? i got my cat a do not feed collar but i doubt as if he would take any notice...... i think i would be keeping her in and if needs be i would build a run for her (if she really wants to go out) or cat proof the garden, does Mia go out? just watch they don't try and entice her away

Lol Jazz at least you are prepared for when the others return!

Thanks griff, at least I know I'm not overreacting :flowers: I have lost count of the number of times I've asked them to stop feeding her or to feed her something different because she was getting huge. According to the bloke she hates living here and that's why she goes to them :rolleyes: It's true she's not used to the dogs like the others are, but that's easily overcome if I kept her in for a while, which I now intend to do. She's snuggled in a bed on top of the table at the moment and isn't bothered by the dogs so she's much better than she used to be. The boys are all brilliant with cats, so that's not an issue :wub: She doesn't however think very much of Mia cat, who spends most of her time in the living room with me and the boys (cos Garfy cat bullies her so he's kept out). I'm hoping they'll get used to each other given a bit of time. I do have a cat run which I bought years ago and then dismantled cos none of them used it :rolleyes: It won't do her any harm to be a house cat for a while - I just have to remember not to let her get out when I let the others out.

I've made another appointment for her at the vets for 5pm tomorrow, so will take her myself.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Sorry not keeping up. Have advised work I won't be renewing my contract so count down is on...piss up and brewery springs to mind and I just don't have the patience to be travelling long hours for a poorly organised and run piece of work! One of my new colleagues said today it was a really shame as at least I knew what I was talking about, which I thought was lovely.

All positive thoughts are still desperately needed for father-in-law please xxx

Glad you are healing Jazz

Owl you made me laugh :-)

Alex, I would be more than livid....

Love and hugs to all and claz for operation xxx

• Like 1

Thinking of your FIL murtle.

Alex, they sound really stupid, we would all be furious in that situation.

We did a fair distance tracking today, but had to adjourn as our target had gone into a big estate with no public access. We now have permission and will continue tomorrow. Had to go back to the vehicles anyway which were 3 miles away over farmland. We might be a little bit tired ... at least we can drive into the estate next time and hopefully keep one vehicle moving along the estate roads so it is within reasonable distance of myself and Wispa.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Continued positive thoughts for your FIL Murtle :GroupHug:

Good luck today owl and Wispa :flowers:

I took the dogs to bed last night and left Kinky and Mia in the living room. Mia must have been hiding behind the furniture but was on the chair this morning. Kinky is currently snuggled on my lap purring and dribbling all over my dressing gown. She wasn't allowed on furniture or laps at the other place, so I suspect she's remembering why she used to love it here to much :wub: I'm just glad to have her back - I've had her since she was five weeks old in 1998 and we used to have such a strong bond until a few years ago when she moved in down the road (mercenary :rolleyes:). I hope things settle down with Mia. I have four bloody cats and not one of them likes each other :rolleyes:

Hope your shoulder is less painful today Collies, that Owl finds the missing pooch, and that Alex's cats manage not to murder each other! When my children were small our cat jumped ship and moved in with two elderly ladies down the road, where she was much loved and spoiled. Our last two cats hated each other and had frequent punch ups...sadly I can't have a cat now because Dylan loathes them and would cheerfully take one apart if it dared put a foot in the house, but once Dyl is no longer with us I want a little black cat. Either that or another siamese as I've had two and adored them, even if I do still have a scar from where one decided to jump onto my shoulder when I was in the bath, missed, fell in and used me as a ladder to get out :confused:

• Like 1

Lol @Suzeanna. Sorry, but that image was just too funny.

Glad you're on the mend Jazz - when do the other dogs come back?

More positive thoughts for Murtle's FIL

What is this ironing that you speak of Griff? :ohmy: at £275 for a steam press - I'd want it to wash, iron and put the clothes away for that money!

Hope Kinky cat gets sorted at the vets and settles back home with you.

Ouch Collies - how's the shoulder this morning? Did you go to A & E?

Good luck with the tracking today Owl and Wispa.

Tis cold and damp and dreary here today, Have loads to do but no motivation to do it. The doglets aren't nagging to go out so I'll have another coffee while contemplating today's jobs lol

• Like 1

Anyone able to give me clothes advice? My stepson has just got engaged and they are having an engagement party on 1st Dec. It's in a very posh country house hotel but it's an afternoon do and I haven't a clue what to wear to something like that. My idea of dressing up these days is clean jeans and shoes instead of wellies lol.

I'd be hopping mad at those people if Kinky cat was mine - well actually I am hopping mad full stop at them because they have neglected her. Grrrrrrr.

I slept in this morning! The dog walker was banging on the door and I had to answer it in my jammies. Mind you she was early but still, I'm always up and about my 8am if not sooner. I have slept so badly this week that I think it was all just catching up on me.

Well more SS shopping for me today plus ordinary Christmas shopping - all online.

• Like 1