UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

ooo quick!

if your disabled and getting DLA, and use british gas, you can get up to £130 off your winter bill!

have a bank statement and your DLA letter in front of you

im glad hes home and the bill was low xxxx

I'm not Alicia but my sister is - what does she have to do? Phone british Gas?

Happy Anniversary, Suzeanna.

Very glad for you, Alex, both about the job and about Timmy.

Fighting the start of a cold so gong to bed early and keeping warm tomorrow, as Thursday looks like the right weather to do some tracking and I want to be well for then.

• Like 1

well done Alex :-)

Gooster - self employed / employed is an odd one and is open to interpretation. Even accountants won't all agree on it and the tax office description is open to interpretation. But if you dont' like your accountant find one you do like. They need to be someone you get on really well with!

For those on certain benefits and things the new Energy scheme was launched yesterday, though many companies I think are playing catch up...oh yes so is the government. But it is about bringing costs of heating down by insulation. Look for ECO affordable warmth. You don't have to go with you own supplier, but they all have their own obligation levels set (and I promise not to become) an energy bore

xxx

Moaning :tired:

Archie would like to report that he has had 2 fish tails and more than a modicum of fish from the fillets. He likes fiss, as he calls it, and sat and waited patiently for his share. He was delighted to find it's clean sheets night tonight and has christened my bed for me by sprawling right across it whilst leisurely wiping his fishy chops on the clean duvet cover.

Max will feel so much better in the morning once he's slept the anaesthetic off and I'll bet he'll be all up for cuddles from mummy :)

Loving the description of Archie :wub:

Max and I had lots of cuddles last night (he always comes for cuddles when Holby's on) but he's very whiny this morning, presumably from the anaesthetic. I have to leave him today to go into the office but I will be telling them that I am leaving by lunchtime at the latest.

Edited by merledogs

Hiya Marge :)

I hope Max is back to normal by the time you get back Alex. Archie was whining this morning. It was either because he wanted his butt scratched or he wanted out so he could come back in and claim a tangly twist. Not being sure which it was I provided both. His majesty is now resting his eyelids on his sofa. Yes he really does have his own sofa. Not that we spoil him or anything.

I hope everyone is in fine fettle this morning or as fine a fettle as can be expected.

• Like 1

oooooooo hope today flies by Houndzrus and then you can have a nice time off work!

Hope max feels better later, laney is the worst dog for whining after anaesthetic...... he is awful to the degree i end up giving him metacam just in case he is genuinely hurting.

Lol yantan, archie sounds like a right character and seems very well matched to you.

Murtle don't worry about being an energy bore...... if it helps somebody save money, you go for it!!!

i have the doctors today to see the nurse who is going to moan at me.... and i feel sicker than a very sick thing! i have taken my anti sickness pill and hope it kicks in soon, eugggghhh. maybe some chocolate will help.... purely medicinal you understand!

• Like 1

Torrential rain here - don't think we'll be having walkies any time soon. Not that the dogs are bothered, Kai is happy with his breakfast in a kong and a dentastix for afters lol. Tiffy is all snuggly on the sofa.

Medicinal chocolate sounds good, Griff. Hope the sickness eases off. Why will the nurse moan at you - have you been naughty lol

Hope Max is feeling better Alex. He'll be pleased to have his mummy home at lunchtime for more cuddles.

Nope Archie is not spoiled Marion - just treated the way he deserves.

Got anything nice planned for your week off Marge?

Hope you stop feeling sick soon griff if those anti sickness pills dont work next time ask them for the jab BEFORE they give you the chemo, thats what we had to do with mum they dont like giving it but it really did make a difference for mum those times we got them to agree.

I've just got round to trying on my outfit for SIL's wedding on Saturday, I haven't bought anything new as I only wore this in the evening of Nicks wedding and its not in any of the photos, thankfully it still fits and isnt too creased after the move, can't believe I left it this late before trying it if it hadn't fitted or been creased to heck then I'd have been in real trouble mind you somehow the black trousers appear to have collected most of Nogs blonde hairs but theres no point brushing them here it'll only happen again so I'll do that at the hotel.

We went to York on Monday...it's still got a lot of flood water around, and several of the shops have had to be completely ripped out, must be a nightmare for them!

I was thoroughly spoiled yesterday. We exchanged cards, then OH brought out a beautifully wrapped present (done in the shop, he can't wrap like that!) which was the gift pack of the new Givenchy perfume, Dahlia Noir, skin dew and a little scented tea light. Then he fished out another package! An Amazon Kindle! I'd been saying I was having trouble holding books as my hands hurt so he thought that would be perfect. I just burst into tears, poor guy was very taken aback by my reaction but I just wasn't expecting all this especially as he'd said he didn't want a present. :crying_anim02: I did feel better after a glass of champagne though, and we went out later and I got him a shirt from Debenhams. We'd put the dogs in kennels just for Monday and yesterday, picked them up earlier today and you'd have thought Rosie hadn't seen me for at least a month, I got washed all the way home!

• Like 3

That was the free ebook link I was going to recommend as well - of course there are other ways of getting free ebooks even best sellers etc. if you want to know how just pm me :ph34r:

Just had a phone call from Nick poor Trudy still hasn't had the baby, they broke her waters at 1am and shes been in labour ever since but still nothing so they are taking her for a C section so little Amelia should be making an appearance soon, I have now stopped dropping hints and outright said if she wants a surrogate nana I'm willing lol