UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

its mothers friend that the family have decided are fantastic, and got her to do it. shes on the siblings side, have told them that mother wants the money to go to charity, what charities, and they believe her over me.

love to all, thinking of each and everyone of you xxxx

It shouldn't affect him Alex, it is HR's responsibility to deal with the redundancy and to guide all employees through it - including management.

It doesn't hurt to let HR think that will do what is necessary, even if you don't plan on going that way. Don't let them make you feel that it is personal, either for you or your manager. It's business and they need to conduct themselves accordingly.

Jazz, that is awful, is it your Mom's friend settling the estate or is she just butting in? If necessary can you get a free 30mins with another lawyer to discuss your situation or go to CAB and see if they can help you resolve it? It may become a case of being deaf to their requests, and just knowing that you are a special lady in your own right with or without them.

xx

• Like 1

Jazz, that is awful..... would CAB be able to help you?? or have you get a free law advice centre, i was just thinking that if you could get a bit of info and back it up with legal advice they may back off a bit

Merledogs i really don't know what to say, yes your ex director took care of you but it is now that you are worried about...... they owe you and should be fair in your redundancy package, must be an awful situation to be in.

my second cousin didn't get his gold....but a silver in his paralympic Judo!!!!

• Like 1

Murtle talks a lot of sense Alex and I agree with her.

I hope you had a raisin danish for me or a custard one. Oh there I go tormenting myself again.

Edited to delete words I didn't mean to put in.

Edited again for doing exactly the same thing in the first edit. Eye roll

Edited by Yantan
  • Like 1

its mothers friend that the family have decided are fantastic, and got her to do it. shes on the siblings side, have told them that mother wants the money to go to charity, what charities, and they believe her over me.

love to all, thinking of each and everyone of you xxxx

Regardless of what she says your mother wanted, as there is not a will that is irrelevant. She must, by law distribute the estate according to the laws of inheritance. If the beneficiaries then want to donate their share to a charity that is their choice to do so.

You would probably be entitled to legal aid if you are on benefits but CAB would be able to advise you.

Oh dear...Alex and Jazz you both seem to be having a bad time of it, for differing reasons! In both cases though the law is clear, Alex the company should owe you something over and above the set redundancy after all the effort you've put in for them, and Jazz...if your mother died without leaving a will, then the law of intestacy says if she has no living husband, her estate should be divided equally amongst her living relatives, children first. Her friend has no right to stick her oar in unless there was a will and she was named as an executor.

Jazz I am joint executor of my mums estate and did all the probate and settling of the estate with my brother and without a solicitor, so at the moment I'm pretty clued up to dealing with finalising estates etc. What the others have told you is correct, if there is no will then the estate MUST go through probate and letters of administration must be applied for through the court, absolutely NOTHING can be disposed of until thats been granted, and you need to contact the court asap to register that you have an interest in the estate and have NOT appointed anyone to act on your behalf NOR have you vacated any of your legal rights.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Death/Preparation/DG_10029802

Glad you have some sound advice to work on there Jazz. Ring them in the morning. You are in the right hugs

Alex you look out for yourself and don't worry about anyone at the company. You have worked damn hard to get where you are today and they've thrown you out like an old shoe. You will have the last laugh when the dust is settled as your career is looking very bright. Your ex director won't be dragged through anything. You have rights and make sure you get what you very rightly deserve. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about anything. Your conscience is clear.

Big well done to silver medallist!

I want cake....

Edited by Jacobean

Jazz - can only agree with what the others have said. No one can give your share of your mother's estate to charity or anywhere else. Please go to CAB if you think they are trying to go behind your back and do that.

Alex - that is emotional blackmail from your ex-director. You have to do what is right for you and that is NOT giving up on getting the best redundancy package for you.

Beautius day in Penrith - but just noticed the trees on the roundabout are changing colour.....too soon, too soon!!!!!!

Hugs to all that are having a tough time. I do not have words of wisdom but am thinking good thoughts for y'all. xx