UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Michelle, sorry to hear about your BIL.

Griff, sorry to hear about your Nan, though I do understand the feeling of release.

Snow, I love Costco for things that I can't buy elsewhere and also the quality of their meats, they also do proper buffalo mozarella. Their loo roll and kitchen roll goes on special offer a few times a year and is very good value. You can get two cards on one account, though I can't remember the rules on it, it meant that my Mom used to have my second card until she'd had it for long enough to warrant having her own card! Now Ben and I each have our own card. If I am popping in for something I generally don't take a trolley, when I go with Ben he always does and the shopping is rarely under £100 but then we don't do that too often anymore and it's always for a good reason. They also have a snack food place that does jacket potatoes / pizza slices and a few other things so you can eat before or after shopping.

If you know someone locally who goes see if you can tag along one time to have a looksee at the stuff they do (if you haven't been before).

It's a bright glorious day here today, shame I still have loads of admin to do... :-(

Ditto from me xx

Jazz, your siblings have a cheek. If they don't need their legacies and feel able to give their share to charity that is fine but they can't make that decision for someone who needs the money, and moreover did more for mum at the end of her life than they did. Do I remember that one of them, when you were too exhausted and poorly to cope, told you to step up to the plate and get on with it? If the person who is sharing out the money doesn't give you your share, get legal advice.

Don't funerals and legacies bring out the worst in people :( I bet we all have some stories about that.

Oh indeed I do but as mine are still ongoing I can't share the details, suffice to say that its caused an estrangement that I am not sure that I even want to bother trying to resolve.

Murtle & Alex thanks for the Costco info will see if maybe hubby could get his employers to pay for a card for work ....

Just booked Nog into kennels for a family wedding we're going to in October, the kennels sound brilliant, the website said all the right things but having now spoken to them I am feeling even more that I have made the right choice. I decided on this one despite it being 20 mins away and 2 others being much closer (one just up the rd from me). They are keen that I go visit and look around, any inspection welcome with no prior warning or appointments needed just turn up during opening hours. They have an onsite hydrotherapy unit as well, the lady I spoke to has lurchers of her own and sounded just my kind of person.

BT man has been, gone away again to sort out a problem with the line, then come back again and sorted it. Turns out that the fact I haven't had a phone line for ages is because the adaptor it was plugged into wasn't working. Oops! :blush: :whistle: :rolleyes: Anyway, 'tis sorted now so I can either a) go to Costco for bird food, b) mow the lawn or c) have a nap. Nap is winning at this point but I really need bird food so may nip to Mozzas for interim supplies.

thats right owl,they did say that. the thing is, if she does give all the money to charity, can they get it back if I take legal advice? because untill its in my hands, I dont know how this will end

ive clicked and double clicked on this button.if I press it by mistake I caant get rid

thats right owl,they did say that. the thing is, if she does give all the money to charity, can they get it back if I take legal advice? because untill its in my hands, I dont know how this will end

ive clicked and double clicked on this button.if I press it by mistake I caant get rid

Who is handling it,Jazz? Is it a lawyer? If so she should know the law and do things properly.

I think if the money is given to the charity illegally then the charity would have to repay it. Otherwise, you would sue whoever signed it over to the charity without your authority.

When my grandfather died there was no will and my mum and two aunts and an uncle had to sign over their legal share of the estate to my gran as they wanted her to have everything. They were not able to just say to the lawyer to give it to her.

Phew it's hot! Been to Costco for bird food, Roberts bread (yum), my fave conditioner and a tray of 12 large danish pastries for £3.99. I have put them in the freezer though cos they are for the peeps in work on Friday, since it's my last day. I must resist the urge to snaffle one or two down.

RMF : Only four more days in work. I have my final consultation meeting tomorrow regarding my redundancy, with HR and my union rep. I haven't managed to get hold of my flippin union rep as he's been on holiday, so I'll have to grab him for half an hour before tomorrow's meeting cos I am hoping they are going to make me an offer of a compromise agreement over and above my redundancy.

Still hear nothing about the job I am being security vetted for :( Had a thought the other day as well - my ex husband declared himself bankrupt about ten years ago (debts were his own which were run up before I met him). Hoping that doesn't affect anything.

thanks everyone, we seem to be doing o.k at the minute although i did have a minor eruption at my dad whilst he was driving me for my chemo... he was going on about his brother and i basically said thank god i don't need to be polite anymore and basically what a lying

cheating scumbag he is.... i do have something to tell my dad but we will get nan buried first, anyway with regard the funeral...not only is it now a funeral but a wake too and my dad has said he will pay and people will have to put in what they can...... at least four won't pay a feckin bean, his brother has been taking money off my nan for years and now my dad gets left with a bill for at least £3500...... i wonder what would have happened if my dad was potless too???

Jazz, if you haven't given permission for the charity to have your money then no it should come to you and as for your family not talking to you as you asked for the money, how do they know they you didn't want to do something in your mums name with a different charity...... not that it matters it is your legal right and you can do with it what you choose.... so stuff em!

Glad your BT man has been Merledogs and your phone is now mended! and good luck for your hr meeting

Gooster january will soon be here and i bet your dad will love his surprise!

lovely sunshine here...seems a shame but i have had to shut the curtains as it is so bright

Jazz, they can't force you to do anything, but on the odd chance something went wrong and it all got given to a charity then it can be requested to be returned. Can you tell your family that you give to charity in a different way, so ultimately it will be a charity donation just in a different way....so bog off? If you speak to the person dealing with your Mom's estate they will need to take your wishes into account and you can deal less with your siblings.

It sounds like I am lucky in that there is only me and my sister and I doubt my parents will be leaving either of us much, actually my Dad has said he is leaving my sister a book and me a glass jug with two glasses - apparently in years gone by they used them on the night stand (not my parents but my great grandmother or someone) I guess the rest of his stuff and his money will go to his new wife and her children from her first marriage). Hopefully Mom will have spent it all!!

Alex, those pastries always look so yummy but I can't eat them sadly :-( and good luck on the compromise agreement, hope it works out well.

Just had a call off my ex Director re my redundancy/compromise agreement which he's now getting dragged into. I am torn in two now - although he could be a nob at times, there were plenty of times when he made sure I was taken care of and protected my job when we were first bought out. I didn't want him to be dragged into it really, although I suppose it was inevitable that he would be at some stage. I think he fears being dragged into court and I assured him that we had no intention of going down that road. I have a decision to make now but I think I may have to give up the fight in order to protect him. I hate giving in to the HR arses but I can't see any other way :(

Edited by merledogs