UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Oops - it was a bullock. First time I'd seen one run - they can't half bluddy shift!

Yes, they can.

Our neighbour put his beef cattle in the field next to us. They are a mixture of breeding females and calves/ bullocks.

One female likes to go walk about along the road and often takes the rest with her.

One day as we drove past the field she was walking down towards the fence and reached it just before we got to the same place.

Nifty as you like she jumped over the fence to land on the road in front of us. She didn't half give us a fright.

We stopped at the house on the way passed to tell our neighbour and explain how she was getting out. He replied 'i have only just put them in there. That lot won't settle. They have gone walk about from two other fields already this week. I'm waiting for the bull ( they hire a bull to serve the cows). Hopefully, that will settle them.'

We are quite used to cows wandering on the road. The fishermen/walkers etc leave the gates open and the grass on the verges is much better than that in the fields.

One day we had ten bullocks waiting at our gate wanting in!

• Like 1

I love cows, the lane to the local pub has a field next to it with showing highland cows in. One of them is called Kimberley, so if you call her, she will come over for a fuss :wub:

Have found a potential problem with date - he is 6'4. I am only 5'3 - reckon we would look like the ultimate odd couple. Still going to meet him though, I could do with someone tall in my life to reach stuff off high shelves and put the shower rail back up when I have washed the shower curtain :laugh:

• Like 2

Jacobean my hair is pink and black! i wanted it blue this time (had it bright red last time) but the dye i used last time round won't come out even with 2 lots of bleaching...whoops! so it was either red again, all over black or pink so i went with the pink which glows under blacklight...not that i will be near blacklight Lol, it is now shaved into a mohawk style, it is too hard to try and fit the hairdresser in with all my appointments so will have to do it myself for a while and make do!!

Gooster i am not much taller than you and one of my exes was 6'6".... nobody ever commented and height was never a problem :wink2:

Ooooooooooo cows, i think they are cute :wub_anim: my brother went to an agricultural show and came back wittering on about buying a dexter , he had been talking to a farmer who said they were small and quite cheap to buy, we aren't even allowed to keep chickens in our garden so lord knows what they would do about a cow :laughingsmiley:

Hair sounds nice Griff - I really need to get mine done, but hate going to the hairdresser - find it so cliquey. Last one I went to kept me waiting 45 minutes before they started on me, because the person before me was 30 mins late for their colour appointment :angry: When I arrived, the person before me hadn't shown up at that point, so IMO, they should have been made to wait, not me.

Spent last night and this evening cleaning and ironing. Whilst tidying, I found 2 tesco gift cards. I thought I had spent the money on them, but checked the balance anyway. One of them has £15 on and the other has £5 on :biggrin: Must clean more often :biggrin:

Glad that someone else has been out with someone much taller than them. Spoke to him last night, he seems really nice, but he has agreed not to mention anything to mum until we have met each other again and see how things go.

(null)

• Like 1

I've been to Bents to swap Beau and Timmy's harnesses cos the medium were too big. Awww, my boys are only 'small' :wub:

I managed not to buy anything else (apart from some cupcakes but we won't mention them :whistle:).

RMF : You're not gonna believe this, but it's raining for a change.

Can someone please tell Next that I don't need three emails and three texts in the space of two days just to tell me my order is ready for collection from the Next shop :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

Next stop harassing Merledogs!!!!!

Gooster bonus with the gift cards..... now why don't i ever find anything good when i clean????

Jacobean i always fancied going blonde but as my hair is so short it would need dyeing frequently and i really couldn't afford the up keep of it, i use cheap bleach, boots black semi permanent hair dye and whatever bright colour takes my fancy.

Gooster i agree hairdressers can be cliquey, and they shouldn't have kept you waiting for somebody elses lateness..... that is one thing i am fanatical about.. being on time, i used to get to work 30 minutes early and never got paid extra.