UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Good morning all!!

Beware being the spare key holder in case your rather tipsey son rings in the dead of night (or at least when I'd been asleep for an hour and thought it was my alarm going off and time to get up!!) cos he's locked himself out and he lives 5 miles away!! Bleuurrrgh!! And all he could say with astinishment when I got there with the key was 'You sound really really young on the phone!!' Gosh knows I've spoken to him on the phone often enough!! :) Well,as I was saying to Amy-bob last night - everyone likes to feel wanted! he he!!

Dolly the dressmakers dummy has arrived! The badge on her chest says 'Diana' but that sounds far too royal so she shall be known as Dolly. Still 50 and a bit weeks to go so a bit early to get started and we are still waiting for the fabric to arrive anyway, but I can feel a bit of a practice coming on.......

Hope you all have a good day xx

• Like 2

Hurrah - it's not raining!

I have a Tesco grocery delivery due this morning. Thank feck as the cupboards are bare.

Does anybody else watch the Great British Baking competition with Mary Berry and that rather gorgeous silver haired baker? I don't know why I put myself through it. Watching all those yummy goodies being made and consumed and not being able to get my gob around any of it is pure torture. Anyway I earned enough doing online surveys to get a £10 Amazon voucher yesterday so I have treated myself to a Mary Berry baking book. I am the world's worst baker so I'll see if Mary can help me.

Alex stick in girl, hopefully it won't be too long now before you hear from V.

• Like 1

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg solicitors!!!!!! ffs why do they have to complicate everything???? looks like I may now have to drive all the way to Gloucester just to sign a form and until I do we cant complete *mutters* I really really do not get this at ALL when Nick & Vicky bought their house they had all their conveyancing done online they never even saw a ruddy solicitor in person! Apparently this is complicated as I am a beneficiary and vendor all at the same time urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg

Apparently not Alex they have to be witnessed and I have to swear some kind of oath? Apparently my conveyancing solicitor for the purchase side for my brothers half cant act for "me" as the "vendor" as its a conflict of interest but my brothers solicitor can because he's the solicitor for the "estate" or something like that ... just seems needlessly complicated, its because we're buying only half the property apparently, although its logically my brothers "half" they have to look at the property/estate as a whole so I have to sign to say I'm happy with the sale and he also needs to sign summat that says he gives up any claim on "my" half - just fecking ridiculous.

They don't have to be witnessed by the solicitor though do they? I've never had to swear an oath for a house purchase so maybe it's something to do with the inheritance, but when I had to swear an oath (can't remember what it was for, possibly something to do with my divorce), there was a list of local solicitors you could go to and they charged about twenty quid to do it ( they could witness your signature as well?). Anyway, good luck with it all :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Our neighbour witnessed our signatures one time during the house selling/buying process and a friend did it the time before that but it's probably the oath part that needs you to be there in person. Although what Alex says about going to a participating solicitors office closer to your home makes sense.

I hope you soon get it done, and that's the end of it Snow.

Loo, your son is lucky you didn't make him walk over to yours for the key!

I bought some picture hooks not that long ago, and I put them in a safe place for when I needed some. Now, if only I could remember where the safe place was........ :unsure: .

Oh, what a surprise, it's raining again.

• Like 1

Yeah we've had some rain again too Suzeanna. The sun is trying his best to get out again though.

I've just found out that an old work colleague died a couple of weeks ago - she was only 52 :( I hadn't seen her for years but the last time we bumped into each other we had a good laugh. She was always laughing and full of fun, it's such a shame her life was cut short.

good grief snow...... what a palaver!!!!!!! i hope you can sign the papers and that is the end of the matter.

Loo, Lol, your son is funny!!!! lucky you answered the phone

suzeanna, hope your hooks turn up soon, i have mislaid a medicur box that i have said my vet can use...only been looking for it for a week!

yantan, sorry to hear about your old workmate

i have fallen out with my big doofus dog, he was on his flexi, saw another dog and tugged/lunged and the lead shot out of my hand... i now have a burn across my thumb from the lead and am dreading the dog warden coming knocking.... he chased another dog but didn't bite or snap at it..... i am not well enough for this rubbish, you would think after 8 years the dopey s*d would realise i won't let him get hurt..... we have seen behaviourists and he has been on natural remedies with a slight improvement but now i am so disappointed again, because of how he is if i don't walk him nobody can