UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Hi Cheryl33 what are you up to these days? Can't remember where you live now, didn't you move somewhere up in the north west?

Wispa's tum is still unpredictable so we are going to move in the direction of Arden Grange kibble plus more raw food.

Hello Cheryl :wavey:

Have said yes to the date, just need to decide where and when now :unsure: I suggested Tuesday, as I am off work, then don't start work till 11 on Weds morning, so if I have a late night (not like that :) ), then it doesn't matter too much. I am free tonight, but could do with tidying my house in readiness for my accountant visiting on Tuesday.

Ello Cheryl :flowers:

We are being very domesticated today, Robs pottering around doing lots of little jobs and I've arranged some dried flowers (well I shoved them in a vase lol) I've also booked my very first ever appointment with Hilarys blinds - we've never either had a house where we could put blinds up (not allowed in a RAF quarter) or had a house of our own where we could even think about affording made to measure blinds. I am still not sure we can a) afford it or b) that I'll be willing to pay what I suspect these firms want to charge - but until I get a quote I won't know how much more than my comfort zone they want us to pay. I know how much the roller blinds for the conservatory would cost me to DIY via Dunelm so thats my baseline anything more than that is purely for the convenience of having some one else fit them so they'll have a hard sell however I also want a quote for 2 plantation shutters for the front windows so maybe they'd do a "deal".

Oh and it is NOT me who cant be trusted to go into Wilkinsons and NOT spend money .... I just went in for a plastic storage thing for Nogs food however we came out with 6 plastic storage towers with drawers, some dried flowers, a dressing table mirror, dog food container, and 4 tubes of Smarties for Xmas stocking fillers all of which were Robs idea and then he had the cheek to ask me to wait in the car whilst he nipped into poundstretchers in case I decided we "needed" anything else! :shrug:

Lol, fancy You spending all of that money Snow Lol. we had hilarys out once when my mum wanted blinds, they were quite costly but it was actually the bloke that put my mum off... he was sooooooo rude! and he turned up late which is never a good thing to do with my mum Lol.

Merledogs, i do hope you have found a home for your toilet rolls........48, reckon you could build an igloo with that lot Lol

Gooster, i am glad you have picked a day, tuesday would probably be a bit quieter anyway... now stop worrying about things!! turn up and be you and enjoy yourself!

Owl, hope wispas tummy settles down

i still haven't attempted the ironing..... i can't bring myself to get started and i think i might just go and cut my hair instead!

I have been having a telly afternoon so only just getting on here now.

I hope Scoobs is feeling better by now and you got a good night's sleep Michelle.

Also glad to hear that mummy Owl was a little livelier yesterday and hope her GP visit goes well on Monday.

Alicia don't be too quick of the mark getting the dogs back. It'll be no good if you can't cope with them or bust a gut trying too!

Evening

Think you were still tiddled this morning Alex cos you didn't tell us what was hurtling towards you lol. Glad you are all ok though.

Ironing wassat then

Hiya Cheryl

Scoobs had a short session at hydro cos we were late today but to be honest it was better for him. He's fine thanks. Have shoved him back onto Supadog Sensitive. We've got a bag of Arden Grange sensitive too which I'm going to try him on.

• Like 1

i reckon it was a giant meteor hurtling towards merledogs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jacobean, diez used to go to hydro and in the end i was paying £15 for 3 minutes as she had quite gone off the idea :thumbsdown_still: and as it was so far to go for a few minutes i knocked it on the head. i am glad to hear he is feeling better and hope the new food suits him.

have cut and dyed my hair, it isn't exactly how i want it but not too bad....though you can guarantee my dad will say it looks like the council have cut it :laugh: :laugh: i can't believe how bloated my face has become with the steroids though, looked at some old photos of me to see how i wanted my hair and my face is double the size it was

Charlie goes to hydro once a fortnight. They start off with about 3 mins, but they build them up. Charlie does 20 minutes with 10 mins of jets to increase the resistance.

Haven't met up with Peter today, as he is still in the middle of moving house, and had his parents up to help him move. Have been texting him most of the evening though. He has seen me in my scruffy farm gear and said that he liked me in that, so when I am glammed up he should be even more impressed!

• Like 1

Wispa has had a day on tripe and biscuit and her tummy is now ok. I think she doesn't get on with Harringtons kibble any more. There is a preservative in it which I didn't realise until now. I got a bag of Fishmongers fish and potato kibble, will see how she goes with that but may end up on tripe and biscuit if that is what works best for her.

Moaning :tired:

Think you were still tiddled this morning Alex cos you didn't tell us what was hurtling towards you lol. Glad you are all ok though.

Oops - it was a bullock. First time I'd seen one run - they can't half bluddy shift!

Hope Scoobs and Wispa do well on their new food :flowers:

i can't believe how bloated my face has become with the steroids though, looked at some old photos of me to see how i wanted my hair and my face is double the size it was

Griff I really admire you the way you cope with it all and still remain cheerful :GroupHug:

Haven't met up with Peter today, as he is still in the middle of moving house, and had his parents up to help him move. Have been texting him most of the evening though. He has seen me in my scruffy farm gear and said that he liked me in that, so when I am glammed up he should be even more impressed!

Jayne and Peter sitting in a tree ..... :D

Happy Sunday!! Still my day of rest but woke up at 7 anyway thinking Coffeeeeeee!! :)

Off down the M6 to see my Dad and Stepmom today and the weather is vile. It has to be done cos I havent seen them for a few weeks and I hate to cancel.

We had a little hedgehog visitor last night. It was just outside the back door when I let Jack out and he just didn't see it, although he had a sniff when he came back in but probably because we were trying to take a picture!.

Doris Banham have put pictures on You Tube of dogs that they have rescued and Jack is on there at 40 seconds in. I am surrounded by media stars this week!! hahaha!!

My boy Jack eats everything and will try to pull you across the road if he spys a stray chip!! I think it's due to being a stray and having to eat what he could find :( . When he came to us he was on pills from the vet to settle his tummy but we soon discovered it was the pills that were giving him the squits!

Hope you all have a good day xxx

Morning

Martyn & his chums were supposed to be taking the boat out for it's maiden voyage to make sure it's ok and have a pracrice sesh of setting it up etc, but it's too windy for that so has cancelled.

I have GOT to do loads of cleaning and studying today

Glad Wispa is settling down.

We have another celebrity amongst us then. Have a safe trip Loo

What colour is your hair Griff?