UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Evening

Pleased you're getting over it Marge

It can take a number of weeks for the clearance to come through Alex depending on the type of security clearance involved. I remember sitting twiddling my fingers at a job just for basic. Thank goodness you can work from home and still be paid for now. Fingers crossed V do get this through quickly. Your agency won't ring you about it. They're hopeless so keep on at them.

Don't know Mary. I fell into my kind of job but took to it and enjoy it to the extent I want to take it to a properly self employed basis. Maybe you could explore the hospitality side and go into events?

All the very best for tomorrow Jazz and be good when you get home and have proper rest etc.

• Like 1

Here you go Marge.

Cheese n'garlic biscuit recipe

It's American cups but I just use an ordinary tea cup and it all seems to come out right.

Makes about 60 biscuits (according to thickness) I double the recipe as Archie gives so many out to his friends!

3 cups wholemeal flour

1 egg

1/2 cup sunflower oil

1 cup milk

2 cups cheese (I use heaped cups!)

Teaspoon garlic powder (I don't put this much in tho - probably no more than a 1/4 tsp. I'm basing it on garlic being of the same family as onions which are no good for dogs. I left it out altogether once though and the bicks didn't go down so well with Archie - eye roll)

Mix all the ingredients together, a bit of each one at a time, until they all come together into a dough. If mix is too wet just add a little more flour. You should be able to handle the dough without any sticking to your hands.

Knead the dough for a minute or two.

Roll out - the original recipe says 1/4" thick but sometimes I do them thinner to make a crispier biscuit - and cut out with a bone shaped cutter or similar. If no cutter form dough into little bite sized balls and then press down with the back of a fork to make a cookie shape.

Bake at 180 degrees for around 25 to 35 minutes - I leave them in until there is no give in them when pressed.

Cool on a rack and then feed to dogs :)

Although my lovely roses are still producing lots of buds, they are getting ruined by the wet weather and either dying before they open or else only lasting a day or two, so I have cut a load and put them in a vase. They look lovely and I will use the stems as cuttings once they are finished flowering :wub:

Please tell me how you do that??? x

Goodluck for tomorrow Jazz.

We (meaning me) have managed to set up both a video sender gadget thingy so we can watch Sky on the tv in the conservatory and the Sky remote works with it, annnnnnd a media server which allows us to watch films from the computer on the big telly or stream them from the pc or internet. We did this without having to ask Nick or my brother how to do it LOL

• Like 3

Moaning :tired:

Please tell me how you do that??? x

Have a look here, and here. If you use the pop bottle method in the second one then you can see whether the rose has rooted or not (you can also use a different sized pop bottle for the bottom part).

You get a much lower success rate with roses grown under controlled conditions (rather than from the garden) but still worth a shot.

You do need to take the pop bottle off every few days for a day to stop the cuttings from rotting, which they will do if it's too wet for them.

RMF: Max is at the vets tonight for an abcess on his gum. He's also got some lumps and bumps which I'll ask the vet to check. Please think positive thoughts that it's nothing serious.

Thank you Merledogs. I received a lovely bunch of roses on Wednesday from a bridesmaid-to-be so that will be fun to try! Positive thoughts for Max xx

Jazz - good luck and lots of hugs xxx

It's FRIIIIIIDAAAAAY!!!! :cheer:

(edited to send multiple thoughts for Max and not just one!! :) )

Edited by Loo

Sending positive thoughts for the adorable Max.

It was so nice to get up to a bit of sun this morning although it seems to be greying over fast :( We had the central heating timed to come on this morning so the house was nice and toasty when I got up :)

Well done Snow!

Hope all goes well today Jazz.

Hope all goes well for Max....I will have missed Jazz, hope her op goes ahead this time.

I spoke too soon about my hands, they have gone off again (makes them sound like a bomb!) and I'm having trouble flexing my fingers. Damn nuisance, I'm typing with two fingers and I want to wash my hair but I don't think I can dry it. :mad:

Sorry to hear that suzeanna :GroupHug:

I'm doing the shittiest job, trying to gather information on various companies online. Some of them are easy but some of them are really hard to find anything on. If I can't find it, they won't be included in the tender, simples :rolleyes: Not rocket science is it, to post your annual report online, even if you are a partnership.

RMF : Am having scrambled egg with goat's cheese and cherry tomatoes for lunch and it's yum.

Edited by merledogs

Sorry to hear that Suzeanna, hope they ease up so you can wash and dry your hair comfortable.

Sorry to hear that Alex.

I am in much dislike of my job today too. This isn't what I applied to do and not what I want to be doing...2 and a half months left of the contract...we shall see how that goes, but currently unlikely I will be renewing. I really wanted something, new and interesting that I could get my teeth into. Not writing level 4 (which are actually level 5) process step activities. Urgh, it has never been in my remit to write that, though I have when desperate helped out as a something else to do....not as my entire role. God help my brain cells.

Sorry for being a grumpy Murtley-One.

That's okay Murtley-one, I don't have the monopoly on being grumpy :flowers:

RMF : Max has been to the vet. £65 for a consult and some anti-freakin-biotics :icon_oogle: I know it's been a while since I've been but I'm sure it wasn't nearly that much last time! Anyway, he's going in for a dental a week on Tuesday. Vet says the ickle bump on his head is a wart and the lump on his tummy is a fatty lump :woof:

I've also been to Mozzas and my weekly shopping, including bird food it came to just over a tenner. Mind you the last couple of weeks I've spent loads so I am trying to use it all up before I splurge again.

You made me laugh Alex - thanks :cheer:

Well, I have decided to take the brave step of limiting Facebook time - it is draining my life and sapping my energy. I will still be in here though as in here is nice and friendly and private!

Thank goodness for the weekend - but it is raining :confused: and I want it to be dry to run the parkrun tomorrow, ah well rainy run is good practice too.

• Like 1