UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Moaning :tired: I got a full 7 hours, which is a rare occurrence in this house.

I'm good thanks Merle. :)

How's you and the Merledogs?

We're fine thanks. How many have you got now? :flowers:

Go Jayne :flowers:

RMF : I have to go into the office today. I have to be in by 8 (which means I have to leave the house by 7) and I won't be back until after 5. This is why I don't want to work in the city centre longer term. I left London partly because of the commute so I don't plan to start it again.

OMGosh Merledogs that is really bad of them. I hope you manage to sort it out. They could still make a transfer today. I feel for you because I know exactly what that feels like. xx

Go Gooster, Go!!!! At the very least it's a night out!! :)

Edited by Loo

Gooster GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you only live once and take it from one who was a step mum at 21 to 3 kids all under 6 it isn't that bad Lol, i was just a friend to them really.... they had a mum so didn't need another one...... it might not come to anything anyway but better to have given it a try than live wondering.

Merledogs..... i hope they put your money in today, can you call them and remind them what the conditions of you accepting your redundancy were??

awww how cool Loo that your daughters dog was onthe TV, i can't stick paul o grady but i do like that programme

Jayne if he asks - go! You've nothing to lose and if it turns out there is no attraction there you might find you have at least made a new friend :)

Hello Jemimap how nice to see you post :thumbsup_still:

I'm trying my best to make chicken broth but my arms aren't cooperating. I keep having to stop, rest, then go back. I feel about a hundred and seventy three.

Sorry you are having a bad day, Marion.

Have to go over to see mum now. Carers just called, they couldn't keep her awake long enough to eat anything today. She doesn't seem poorly or distressed, just even more sleepy than usual. Sounds like we need a doctor visit. She was ok at day centre yesterday, I just checked with them.

Well, he has asked me out.... I haven't dated anyone for over 5 years, so am feeling really nervous. Not actually sure when to arrange to meet him or where to go. Aaagggghhhhh!

I just know my mum will be angling for gossip from us both, which will be a nightmare, as she is so nosy and takes the nick out of everything :unsure:

• Like 1

i agree with Jazz, a meal is a good start, generally i go to a pub or a curry house as i don't do getting dressed up Lol and it isn't too formal.

Yantan, sorry you are hurting today

Merledogs have the rotten swines paid you yet??????

Jazz, how are you getting on???

we have got some lovely sunshine following a soggy start..... not had the dogs out as one is on rest still and the other is a norty boy Lol i think we might resort to night time walking which is fab in winter as it is generally dark and soggy so nobody about!

Finally home after a verrryyyy long day :tired:

Yes, they finally paid me :pinkie: but only, I think, because I rang and reminded the woman who was supposed to sort it. When I rang her she said it would be paid but was just awaiting authorisation (which if it had been planned previously should have been sorted).

I'm working from home Monday/Tuesday. My immediate boss said he didn't mind me working from home 'occasionally' but the work I've done so far has mostly been for his boss, the head of our team and she is very appreciative that I'm there and helping them, because she says she knows that this is a step down in seniority for me. She's happy for me to work from home when I want and come and go as I please because she knows I'll do the work. I don't want to get caught in the middle though, so I left it to her to speak to the manager to sort it out.

Anyway, I am going to treat myself to chinese takeaway and beer tonight. Off to the shops shortly.

RMF : One embarrassing thing happened today - I could smell something stinky during the meeting and I thought the boss lady had taken her shoes off under the table or someone else had. Only when I got on the tram and I could smell it did I realise it was my shoes :blush: They are quite thin fabric ballet pumps and had got soaked when I went into work, but when they dried out they started smelling. I am sooooo embarrassed cos she must have been sat next to me thinking how smelly I was :blush: They are going in the washing machine and if they don't like it, then they'll be going in the bin!

Go for it Gooster and remember we need the gossip first not your mum!! :laughingsmiley:

I'm so peed off today , car went into garage and what should have been a fairly straight forward job is a nightmare and dont know when car will be back. This means in the morning i've got about over an hours walk to stables on my own as Izzie has hurt her shoulder again and cant be exercised. As horses are used to being done early all hell will break loose if i'm not there.

• Like 1