UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Glad Fergus, Scoobs and Archie are OK. We are having to rearrange our plans for today as we were going to Fairburn up near Selby to track and the weather is extreme there. Dog will certainly be holed up and Wispa can't work well in heavy rain and high wind, no scent. So we will pop across to Retford which is just wettish as opposed to torrrential and seek a pup who is probably still in some nook or cranny on her own farm.

I have nasty swollen tendon on left wrist. Combination of lead handling, driving and typing. Trying to use as little as possible, and have realised that it is main hand for everything except writing.

Owl, I know you want to be helpful and don't like sitting at home, but take it from one who knows (and has found out the hard way!), trying to ignore physical weaknesses does NOT make them go away, it makes them worse. Your wrist needs time to recover, the more you make it work the more damage you will do long term. The weather forecast is still for more rain and flooding, the last thing you need is to get stuck somewhere without being able to get home!

Glad your dogs are ok Michelle, your vets are quite reasonable with their charges, it would have been at least double that at mine!

Have you paid someone to sabotage the work laptops Alex? lol...

That's why I am not going to Yorks but Retford. I have looked at local forecasts there in detail and it's much like here. We are dry this morning with some lighter rain this afternoon. Have to check on mum in Worksop anyway so not much further. I know about not using things, that's why I have a bad ankle which isn't the broken one. I can type one handed but can't give up driving or dog walking, so am getting a wrist support en route. Have given up cooking and housework for the time being, will that do for you? Also the worst culprit is reading while supporting the book with wrist turned around so have stopped doing that. May have to change to automatic vehicle if it doesn't improve, would be good for ankle as well as wrist, but I love the van. On the plus side, the ankle is much better since I started using arch supports as well as a brace.

Having an automatic car helps me enormously Owl so if ever you come across a nice van with auto go for it!

Reading is a real passion with me but with my shoulder/arm problems it was increasingly difficult to hold books - just as you are finding - and then I got a Kindle. O.M.G what a difference it makes. So if you have a fairy godmother or find a few notes stuffed under your mattress you should definitely consider getting one.

I'm orf shortly for a diabetic review. Not looking forward to it as I've only lost a couple of pounds since the last one which is neither here nor there.

Alex did you see a report in the papers over the weekend that scientists have come up with what they think is a cure for migraine - it involves using a little machine and magnets if I remember rightly. I hope it does work and becomes available, it's better than stuffing more medications down our throats.

I've been for my diabetic review and my cholesterol has gone up from 4 to 4.4 but everything else is positive including BP which averages 112/78. It's actually even lower when I check it with my little BP machine but then I am usually more relaxed what with being at home and having Archie smiling at me from the sofa. I've also had my flu jab as the vaccine had arrived so I don't need to go back on Friday for it as had been arranged.

That's why I am not going to Yorks but Retford. I have looked at local forecasts there in detail and it's much like here. We are dry this morning with some lighter rain this afternoon. Have to check on mum in Worksop anyway so not much further. I know about not using things, that's why I have a bad ankle which isn't the broken one. I can type one handed but can't give up driving or dog walking, so am getting a wrist support en route. Have given up cooking and housework for the time being, will that do for you? Also the worst culprit is reading while supporting the book with wrist turned around so have stopped doing that. May have to change to automatic vehicle if it doesn't improve, would be good for ankle as well as wrist, but I love the van. On the plus side, the ankle is much better since I started using arch supports as well as a brace.

Sorry...didn't mean to annoy you I was only thinking of your well being. I'll shut up and go away now permanently I think.

Evening

Not sure when this rain is going to stop. Some of our engineers couldn't get out to fix machines today cos the areas were flooded. Not good for a small company that's struggling financially

Take it you haven't heard then Alex. Really hope V get their answers soon.

Have been to hydro. We're now all getting warm and snuggly and waiting for tea

Sorry your wrist is troubling you Owl. I have an intermittent problem with mine and have also realised I do far more with my left hand than my right but write with my right hand.

Glad you appt went okish Marion. I have to admit I don't know what the numbers mean lol

Have finally found a few cottages in Lakes I'm interested in so have to get finger out of bottom and book one.

I didn't mean to be rude to suzeanna, and reading it now I sound quite sharp. Have messaged her, she is luffly and I don't want her to go away :unsure: Owl with foot in beak as usual.

Wrist improved with support thingy and change of hand position for driving. Have been thinking of a Kindle anyway but new starter motor postponed that. Retford doglet has been seen 6 miles from home last night but they have now got 20 people with some useful dogs out searching the area, and in view of awful scenting conditions a bunch of dogs who can quarter the ground are more useful than one who could follow the trail in better conditions. So just gave them a few extra tips for catching, visited mummy owl and came home.

• Like 2

Moaning :tired: Couldn't sleep and cos I woke at 4, the dogs all decided to climb all over me and have cuddles at the same time :wub: :rolleyes:

Working from home again today. Have some more admin jobs to do. Have to go to Wigan tomorrow morning and then into the office on Friday for an all day meeting. Soooo tempted to jack it all in but I need the money in case the V thing falls through.

RMF: Still raining here :(