UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Jazz hope they can rebook you in very soon.

Alex glad your pay is now all sorted.

March out was a bit of an anti cilmax, when we saw the house yesterday I wasn't overly impressed as the cleaners had missed a few bits and all the chrome bits, shelves and trays from the cooker were missing, however when we went there this morning the cleaners were there doing the bits they hadn't done and had brought back all the missing cooker bits which were gleaming. The bossman stayed with us for the inspection and he was telling us if we had Dxxx then he was a real jobsworth back to the bad old days of white glove inspections that I thought they'd said were abolished. He said he fully expected us to have a hell of a battle on our hands, they were 15 mins late arriving so I'd already begun to lose my temper before we even started, then 2 of them turned up one being this Dxxx bloke. They barely even spoke to us, and indeed they did go round and open every window and run their hands over every surface and inside the window rails, tops of doors, inside cupboards, mirror up under the rim of the loo etc. :crying: they kept telling the cleaner to redo this redo that .... so I was getting more and more concerned... then next thing we know the woman says ok thats fine sign here so I said ermmm I'd like to read it first see what we're signing for ... she said oh its fine no charges all in order thanks very much :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: so we signed and got the hell out of there ... didnt smile or speak until we were out of sight and then we both went WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cheer: :cheer: lol

Must admit I was tearful yesterday going round and saying goodbye to the house, we'd lived there for 14 years and thats the longest I have ever lived anywhere my entire life! Even though it was empty I could still "see" all our furniture and had flashbacks to various scenes from our life there, I've never experienced anything like that before and it was really emotional.

Off to pick up Nog in a second can't wait to get him "home".

• Like 1

bl**dy hell Jazz.................life is indeed a roller coaster!!!!!! good luck for friday.

glad everything went well Snow

i have googled but am non the wiser and i have tried a system restore but no good, i think i will have to bite the bullet, get it looked at properly and start with a clean slate.

Griff - if you go to the techie forum on MoneySavingExpert and tell them what is happening they will be able to tell you what to do and also the cheapest way to do it.

The guys on there are bl00dy brilliant!!

:-)

I can't believe a pub could possibly ban an Owl that is dreadful.

10.5 miles is part of the training for another slow half marathon...one day I will get near 2hours but for now it will be closer to 2.30hours!!

Hugs Jazz, hope they rebook you soon.

xxx

Well flippin heck. The x came round tonight with £100 cash towards a tailors dummy to aid the making of bridesmaid dresses! Well done Father Bob! (This is a guy who paid only ever £1 scottish pound note toward the kids upkeep since 1996!!)

Sad news - Amy-Bobs came round tonight in floods of tears - they lost a horse today. He had colic so the vet had come out and they managed to get him upright and put a drip in. He was walking around most of the afternoon. The evening vet came round and after he left Amy found her friend dead in his stable. There will be great repercussions and investigations but none of this is making my baby girl feel any better tonight. So sad.

Onwards and upwards playmates - things seem to be looking brighter on the forum today.

Griff - thank you for sourcing the hairdressers powder - I bought some and it's magic!! Cheers!!

xxx

• Like 1

Mmmmm, I'm another one wondering why the Owl got banned from 3 pubs!

Pub 1 got banned because landlady was diabetic who tended to ban random people when she ran a low blood sugar.

Pub 2 got banned for wearing horse skull on head and being potential danger to various fings dangling from open beams (New Years Eve, hobby horse thing with Morris team)

Pub 3 was actually a serious ban. The whole flyball team including buddyboy was banned because when even though we had booked in advance our meal turned up 3 hours late, stone cold and inedible, we refused to eat or pay for it.

Anyway, I have now changed my mind about the Travellers Rest just up the road. We spent a hectic day after 2 mini dachs who were stolen got too hot to handle and were dumped on the A1 near Selby from where we tracked them to a big RSPB reserve. Haven't found them yet but at least it is relatively safe there. Then got home to the news that one of the mini horses, not with me at present but in a nearby orchard, had been seen running on the road. Becky and I went to check and found the stallion had left the rest of them, smashed through stock and electric fencing and taken off. Don't know what happened as he is usually very steady. Drove around, no sign, stopped at the Travellers to tell everyone that a loose horse was on the roads, and they all laughed and said no he isn't, we have stabled him. A taxi driver had overtaken him on the road, went into the bar to get help catching him, and they grabbed him as he cantered up to the pub. One of the regulars shut him in a nearby stable.

Back after the dachs tomorrow, then down to Surrey on Thurs. :confused:

Moaning :tired:

Loo - sorry to hear about the horse :GroupHug:

Owl - thank doG they caught him :flowers:

RMF : I've had a stonking nedache since yesterday morning. Think it's one of my low level migraines. Doesn't help when you're starting a new job, even a temp one.

Sorry if I'm all doom and gloom at the mo, the stress is wearing me out.

Pub 1 got banned because landlady was diabetic who tended to ban random people when she ran a low blood sugar.

That has to be the funniest reason for being banned I have ever heard!!! :biglaugh:

RMF : I've had a stonking nedache since yesterday morning. Think it's one of my low level migraines. Doesn't help when you're starting a new job, even a temp one.

I now get the visual bits of the migraine but seem not to get the headache anymore. (touch wood). Maybe it's an age thing. It makes them a lot more bearable. Hope it clears up soon xx

Edited by Loo

Good luck with new job Alex and hope you're feeling better soon :GroupHug:

I've not slept properly in well over a week :tired: I'm exhausted and feel so drained. I'd really like a break from everything now I was doing pretty well past 2 days but I'm all bummed out again now. I hate waiting to "get over it" :rolleyes:

Sorry you are suffering Kittycat....I know it's a cliche, but time really does heal....or deaden the pain anyway.

Alex, have you tried drinking lots of water? I read a bit by a doctor who has migraines and he said often that's all it takes to get rid of it.

Glad the horse was caught, Owl..do you think he fancied a pint and was heading for the nearest pub anyway? Hope the dachs are found safe and well.

Loo, sorry to hear about the horse, in the days when my daughter had a pony someone in the yard lost one of theirs the same way, poor girl was in pieces.

I have one painfree hand..hurray!

Jazz, hope all goes ahead this time

Sorry for anyone I've missed!

Merledogs good luck for today.... i hope your headache goes soon

Kittycat i do hope you get a decent nights sleep soon

Loo, might have a look at that powder for myself..... i have short hair but i have to use 3 different products to make any attempt at getting it to stay spikey Lol, i am very sorry to hear about the horse.

Owl, very glad your little horse was captured and i hope the missing dogs turn up safe and well

Suzeanna, glad you have a pain free hand

waiting for the car to be collected again today....been smashed into for the third time in 5 months!!! such a pain having to wait for a call to say they are on their way..last time i spent all day waiting in and had to ring them twice so no walkies until they have been and i am off out later so they best get a wriggle on!!!

Just seen about that poor horse, Loo, so sad.

Kittycat, hope you feel a bit better soon *hugs*

suzeanna, I think the horse may well have been on his way to the pub. It's horse-friendly as there are seats on a green area outside and I have often seen horses there with their people. The word must have got around. At least they got him before he went into the bar :D